PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever deal with BILT-RITE

lyapin_anton
06-03-2008, 09:57 PM
Hi, woundering if anyone ever deal with them, hows they work,
basicly i am in need of boring 20 over, polishing crank and balancing everything!

510-Trevor
06-03-2008, 10:04 PM
I had a set of SB Dodge heads rebuilt by them. No Complaints. They do however send out (at least they used to) their machine work to Precise Engines. I had Precise polish and spec the crank for the same motor directly. Again, no problems.

qbnb
06-03-2008, 10:13 PM
They machined the head and decked the block for my Supra a couple years back. Nice guys there, quick work, and a good price. Came recommended from many others I spoke with.

420Ninja
06-21-2008, 08:13 AM
I had a 383 shortblocked there, I didnt think dealing with them was very good, took weeks to finish the work, ended up having frost plugs fall out of the motor, didnt really like the guys working there.

Toma
06-24-2008, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by 510-Trevor
They do however send out (at least they used to) their machine work to Precise Engines.

No, this was ONLY the crank grinding. All other machine work is done in house, and they have one of the best Head Machines in the city.

They do excellent work, with reasonable turn around. I use them all the time for heads, boring/honing etc.

Chris88CL
07-02-2008, 12:54 PM
I had them build my engine too. Kelly was great in working with me to try to get a discount on the custom order wiseco pistons (didnt happen, but he put in the effort). Turnaround was slow but I told them I wasnt in a rush. Machine work looked flawless and havent had any issues yet.

:thumbsup: for BILT-RITE

07-02-2008, 12:57 PM
had them rebuild a head in my talon and on my honda, quality was good, price was right.

would recommend

UndrgroundRider
07-02-2008, 01:11 PM
I've thrown them a bit of work over the years. Great guys to deal with. Not one problem with any of their work yet.

Sometimes they can be a little slow depending on the time of the year, but that's just the business they're in.