PDA

View Full Version : Where to learn more about car audio?

Hash_man
08-24-2003, 01:46 AM
So, I am getting a system soon, and through my searching and stuff, I have become really interested in car audio stuff.

I know some of the basics, but I really want to know more.. ie: the difference between digital, analouge amps... what crossovers do?... and all that junk.

Does anyone know any good websites where I can read up on this stuff?

Any help would be greatly apprechiated.

Thanks

Abom
08-24-2003, 02:13 AM
http://www.the12volt.com/

Everything you want to know should be there.

Weapon_R
08-24-2003, 05:42 AM
www.sounddomain.com

Go to their forums. There is a ton of info. And almost every kind of sub/amp/components you can think of too

D'z Nutz
08-24-2003, 12:29 PM
Do a search here. There was another thread like this a while ago and some very good links were posted.

www.sounddomain.com was a good place for me to learn as well.

)v(ortal
08-27-2003, 01:01 PM
if u want a to go to a school on it and become certified to install and more knowledable.... go here and register http://www.mobiledynamics.com/main/toronto/pages/special.html

this is the coures that im gunna be taken

-danny

12V
09-01-2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by )v(ortal
if u want a to go to a school on it and become certified to install and more knowledable.... go here and register http://www.mobiledynamics.com/main/toronto/pages/special.html

this is the coures that im gunna be taken

-danny

Danny,

Don't bother with MECP certification, Every MECP certified installer i know is useless,...seriously. just start working somewhere and see if you like it before you become to serious,

I've got all the mobile dynamics books from a friend, and they really don't teach you much usefull stuff at all. Experience really makes the difference. but if you want the books they're yours.

Jeff

ninspeed
09-01-2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by 12V

Danny,

Don't bother with MECP certification, Every MECP certified installer i know is useless,...seriously. just start working somewhere and see if you like it before you become to serious,

I've got all the mobile dynamics books from a friend, and they really don't teach you much usefull stuff at all. Experience really makes the difference. but if you want the books they're yours.

Jeff

:thumbsup:
The best installers i have met never waste their time on this BS, and i am not talking just joe blow deck installer... Although, the best installer i know does have a degree in electronic enenering, and mostly does window tiniting now :D

technohustla
09-08-2003, 10:47 AM
there really is no question that experience is the best qualification but as a graduate of Los Angeles Installer Institute I beleive that some training is neccessary for a career in mobile electronics. The problem with most installers I find, is a lack of effort in the shop because all it is to them is a paycheque. The more jobs you get finished in a pay period the more you get paid. That is why you always see so many hack installs around done by "qualified" installers.
Some of us however, choose to approach things differently. Where I work we never charge you until the job is finished and you are totally satisfied with the work. Not only that but we allow ourselves enough time to test and tune before releasing the finished product.
If any one is interested to find out for themselves, pm me.
Cheers!

)v(ortal
09-09-2003, 10:19 PM
ill take those books off u.... and ya i am seriuos bout car audio i was gunna take the course this summer but was working... i dont care if i dont learn much its a good experince plus i can get accepted to more shops with the certifict then not havin one so then i can get more experience

-danny

tegdream
09-09-2003, 10:29 PM
id say for get the whole system idea, your gonna need to save weight to run 13's in quarter! :rolleyes: