PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Skyline Owner (Rant)

Destinova403
06-04-2008, 10:09 PM
to whom it may concern...

this is to the owner of a gunmetal/dark grey nissan skyline GTR which decided to fly by me on bow bottom at probably twice the speed limit.

(i was driving at 90... the speed limit was 80 and he was going easily double that.)

Now please dont get me wrong... im all for speed and fast cars... but not when it is being undertaken on a public road... in a construction zone... while there is lots of other traffic and the road was in terrible condition.

please be aware that your license plate was recorded and a complaint was filed to the police.

immature and reckless drivers like you get people killed. we have one last season with Race City... take advantage of it!

ToyVitzRS
06-04-2008, 10:20 PM
Whereabouts did this happen?

Do you know how many gunmetal/dark grey skylines there are out here? Not to mention how many of them are for sale? LOL :nut:

rmk
06-04-2008, 10:21 PM
Did he have 8 fingers?

Destinova403
06-04-2008, 10:21 PM
It was on Bow bottom Trail north-bound... i wont post his license plate online but the car didnt have a for sale sigh... and the only other real detail i caught was a little doll(?)/anime character hanging from the rear tow-hook.

finboy
06-04-2008, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by rmk
Did he have 8 fingers?

beat me to it

4lti7ude
06-04-2008, 10:24 PM
Holy jeez you caught his license plate that fast?!
Amazing eyes :thumbsup:

Lucky97
06-04-2008, 10:24 PM
was it a asian buddy driving it by any chance. if so i know who it is

Destinova403
06-04-2008, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by 4lti7ude
Holy jeez you caught his license plate that fast?!
Amazing eyes :thumbsup:

actually it was my GF that caught it. i could hear the car coming for a while behind me (my windows and sunroof were open) so she was kinda prepared i guess.

Destinova403
06-04-2008, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Lucky97
was it a asian buddy driving it by any chance. if so i know who it is

didnt get a good look at the driver so i dont know.

Destinova403
06-04-2008, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by rmk
Did he have 8 fingers?

could be... maybe he noticed i had claw stickers on my side windows and felt the need to prove himself or something...

Sorath
06-07-2008, 05:29 PM
man honestly. these threads are such a piss off, calgary is getting bigger and bigger, people from toronto and vancouver are all moving here, if they want to drive fast let them drive fast, why do you have to make a thread and make a big deal about it.

Honda_002
06-07-2008, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Sorath
man honestly. these threads are such a piss off, calgary is getting bigger and bigger, people from toronto and vancouver are all moving here, if they want to drive fast let them drive fast, why do you have to make a thread and make a big deal about it.

are you mildly retarded? i think you would sing a different tune if he lost control and wrecked your car, or killed a family. Did you forget that speeding that excessively is dangerous?

Redlyne_mr2
06-07-2008, 05:46 PM
On another note, I saw some dude rolling down crowchild west in an r32 gtr yesterday. It was gunmetal with white rims, he was just cruising along.. nothing to prove.. just chillin.

nich148_9
06-07-2008, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Honda_002

are you mildly retarded? i think you would sing a different tune if he lost control and wrecked your car, or killed a family. Did you forget that speeding that excessively is dangerous?

He also drives an R32. Jus' saying.

@ Sorath - Read the reasoning in the first post. Unless you're being sarcastic.

SNAATCH
06-07-2008, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Destinova403

please be aware that your license plate was recorded and a complaint was filed to the police.

What are you like 80 years old? This is a waste of your time.

Sorath
06-07-2008, 06:51 PM
my post meant that yes excessive speed is bad. we see it everyday though, do u feel the neccessity to post it up in a forum to cry about it to everyone? Not that im for excessive speeding but ffs the guys minding his own business driving whatever he wants and just cause hes driving faster than you, you gotta take down his plate number and give it to the cops?

gt35r
06-08-2008, 04:40 AM
snitch:thumbsdow

gen2teggy
06-08-2008, 04:53 AM
:thumbsdow

i know everybody speeds,
but doing double? i really hope people can slow it down a bit.
my gf lost her older brother on her b-day. The dude was doing 110 in a 50, downtown.

4lti7ude
06-08-2008, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
On another note, I saw some dude rolling down crowchild west in an r32 gtr yesterday. It was gunmetal with white rims, he was just cruising along.. nothing to prove.. just chillin.
Thats my friend Mike hahhaahhaa...

SR240SX
06-08-2008, 08:28 AM
Lol Sorath has a point though..this thread is pretty useless.

You think the skyline owner will come on here, see the thread then stop speeding? that will never happen...

You think the police you called are going to do anything about this? no...

Everyone speeds..and this thread will not change that. There will always be those idiot drivers ripping around...So honestly..:whocares:

Plus what kind of construction zone were you in that had a posted speed limit of 80 km/ph?....Also if you're doing 90 in a construction zone..thats pretty dangerous no?..seem likes you're trying to add to you're story to make this look worse then it really was....:drama:

DayGlow
06-08-2008, 08:53 AM
I have no idea what the demographics of the posters on this forum but there must be a lot of sub 18 year olds that have no life experience and are developmentally challenged.

There is a huge difference than 'speeding' 15-20+ over the posted limit and going at a rate that is double the speed of other cars in the road. I don't care how well your car performs and how capable it is to maneuver, your brain doesn't work twice as good as everyone else and you are saddled with the same inexperienced reaction times.

I laugh how everyone here complains about how horrible the drivers on the road are and how licensing should be tougher, but yet when someone is as reckless as the OP points out people state it's no big deal.

It is a big deal because 2-3 times a year some jackass driving like described here kills someone.

I'm all for reporting behavior like this to the cops because hopefully driving becomes too damn expensive for these people so that when I'm driving at a normal rate and shoulder check to change lanes some ass driving 50+ faster than I expect doesn't suddenly occupy the space I just verified was open a moment ago.

Joe-G
06-08-2008, 09:20 AM
:werd: lol, from an officer too

sh0ko
06-08-2008, 09:20 AM
my post meant that yes excessive speed is bad. we see it everyday though, do u feel the neccessity to post it up in a forum to cry about it to everyone? Not that im for excessive speeding but ffs the guys minding his own business driving whatever he wants and just cause hes driving faster than you, you gotta take down his plate number and give it to the cops?

sorath has the most valid point.. these threads are getting annoying...why bitch and complain about a speeder...want us to cry u a river cuz someguy cant drive?! deal with it... ive had tons of mishaps this week alone with people who cant own up to their mistakes and drive like idiots....thats people for ya...suck it up and drive defensively when needed...

im willing to bet if a guy were to roll that fast in a ferrari or something ud post "sweet ferrari passby but no picture" and describe to us all about how awesome it was ...but in reality same shit

u might as well sit by a stop sign and start writing down ppls plates if they come to a rolling stop and complain to the police how thats unsafe too...sorry buddy.. take ur skirt off and realize this city as well as many others is hopeless when it comes to drivers

ps.. funny how u speak of a "construction zone" where the speed was 80.. and u were doing 90.. last i checked those areas were 50...if thats true... and u were doing 90.. i think u get my point

Go4Long
06-08-2008, 10:25 AM
construction zones are still subject to whatever speed is posted on the sign chief...

and yeah, maybe making a thread about it isn't an effective way of dealing with it...but as there's what, 30'000 and some odd members here, there's a pretty good chance that someone on here knows the driver of said skyline, and will pass the information on to him that he was spotted driving like a douche bag.

SR240SX
06-08-2008, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Go4Long
but as there's what, 30'000 and some odd members here, there's a pretty good chance that someone on here knows the driver of said skyline, and will pass the information on to him that he was spotted driving like a douche bag.

gunmetal/dark grey nissan skyline GTR

If you have any idea how many of these there are in calgary, without a picture no one will ever know for sure that it is someone they know...Which makes his thread useless.

Destinova403
06-08-2008, 10:48 AM
sorry for the thread... wasnt expecting so much outrage at it. normally i wouldnt have made one but i was particularly pissed off that day and this clown kinda topped it off. as i said... i dont care if people speed but a construction zone in traffic where the road is torn to shit is not the place to do it.

and yes the speed limit was 80 and it was a construction zone. ("speed fines double" sign was up)

and yeah apparently i have nothing better to do with my time than try to keep my girlfriend and family safe... there have been WAY too many cases of drivers like this taking out entire families.

in terms of actually finding him... i dont really care. this thread was basically just a rant for myself... and as dayglow said, as capable as your car is... you are the limiting factor... so be careful. i just hope that he got a chance to read this. out of 40000 members im sure the driver is there and he knows who he is lol.

RZRSHARP_SVX
06-08-2008, 11:00 AM
it wouldnt matter the construction zone on bow bottom wasnt in effect till the weekend. but speeding is still speeding.

its not unussual for people to go around 100km/h on that road

Antonito
06-08-2008, 11:06 AM
Gee, who would have thought that a thread about retarded drivers wouldn't be received well on a forum full of retarded drivers? :nut:

Sorath
06-08-2008, 02:04 PM
destinova im pretty sure i know who it is, u really want to give the girlfriend and the family safe? i tell u what what if i gave u his name phone number and address what would u do? would u do anything????

oh and if ur going 90-100 and if he was going double ur speed im pretty sure that u wouldnt be able to see his plate. i think he was going more like 120-130

BerserkerCatSplat
06-08-2008, 02:05 PM
destinova im pretty sure i know who it is

I thought that was already rather obvious.

Tik-Tok
06-08-2008, 03:26 PM
destinova im pretty sure i know who it is, u really want to give the girlfriend and the family safe? i tell u what what if i gave u his name phone number and address what would u do? would u do anything????

He's already reporting the car to the police, that's how he's helping keep his g/f & family safe. Why would he need the douche's phone # or address? :dunno:

Sorath
06-08-2008, 03:30 PM
you think calgary police are gonna do anything? rofl.....

:rolleyes: 06's

Tik-Tok
06-08-2008, 03:36 PM
you think calgary police are gonna do anything? rofl.....

:rolleyes: 06's

As long as destinova is willing to go to court, then yes, they will do something.

GT.....O?
06-08-2008, 03:51 PM
i agree with "sh0ko"

if it was some exotic or porsche or something over half the people on this site who bitch about fast drivers would be like "oh shit that was sweet" but no, it was a guy who drives an import and everyone suddenly has their panties in a bunch.

the problem i have is
you have no idea what his driving skill is,,
yah i agree he shouldnt have been driving that fast,
but you have no idea, maybe his driving is top notch
its the idiots who have been driving for a week, or have driven a low hp car and then suddenly decide they can drive fast or handle a high horsepower car that get people killed,
ill admit, i have taken my car way over the speed limit, but then again i waited until i was able to contol my car in whatever situation until i did so, and nothing has happened.

i still think that if it was an exotic, nothing would have been said,
but thats my view of it

Destinova403
06-08-2008, 04:00 PM
destinova im pretty sure i know who it is

*GASPS* was it you?

the plot thickens. as i said... all i did was call it in... there is a time and place for speed and that wasnt it. a mature professional driver would be able to recognize that.

theres no use getting all worked up over this. the point i was trying to make is that there is a time and a place to try out the speed of your car. im not going to go to someone's house and confront them... what would that solve?

PS: your a good guy sorath and i dont want this to boil down to any drama bullshit between us.

:drama:

BerserkerCatSplat
06-08-2008, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by GT.....O?

if it was some exotic or porsche or something over half the people on this site who bitch about fast drivers would be like "oh shit that was sweet" but no, it was a guy who drives an import and everyone suddenly has their panties in a bunch.

Bullshit. Not everyone here is some kiddie who thinks that owning an exotic makes you a driving god. If a Ferrari whipped by me in a construction zone doing 2X I'd still think he was a tool.

max_boost
06-08-2008, 04:49 PM
When I see cars blasting down the road, I just get out of their way as if I'm yielding to an officer. I frequently go 20kms/h over the limit but if someone wants to go faster than me, so be it. Don't feel like engaging in a race or have the time to call them in. I do hope that they will kill themselves though. :D :thumbsup:

Antonito
06-08-2008, 05:19 PM

the problem i have is
you have no idea what his driving skill is,,
yah i agree he shouldnt have been driving that fast,
but you have no idea, maybe his driving is top notch

ill admit, i have taken my car way over the speed limit, but then again i waited until i was able to contol my car in whatever situation until i did so, and nothing has happened.

You know what's funny is that you and the guy in question have no idea about your own driving skills either, unless you've actually gone through training

PINOY-X
06-08-2008, 05:24 PM
cry me a river

afghanprince
06-08-2008, 05:39 PM
cops are going to do nothing but give him a careless driving ticket and he will go to court and it will be droped because some snitch did the same thing to me and it droped cuz they had no proof

EK 2.0
06-08-2008, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

When I see cars blasting down the road, I just get out of their way as if I'm yielding to an officer. I frequently go 20kms/h over the limit but if someone wants to go faster than me, so be it. Don't feel like engaging in a race or have the time to call them in. I do hope that they will kill themselves though. :D :thumbsup:

Ditto.

red99600
06-08-2008, 06:06 PM
there are too many snitches these days,

might as well start calling bylaw for uncut lawns, and not shoveling the sidewalk.

GT.....O?
06-08-2008, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Antonito

You know what's funny is that you and the guy in question have no idea about your own driving skills either, unless you've actually gone through training

wow, you have no idea what my driving skill is either, and you have no idea if i've been in training,

so what exactly was the point of your argument?

GT.....O?
06-08-2008, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

Bullshit. Not everyone here is some kiddie who thinks that owning an exotic makes you a driving god. If a Ferrari whipped by me in a construction zone doing 2X I'd still think he was a tool.

wow you just proved my point,,, i said over half,,,not everyone,, but thanks for clearing that up,,, and i never said owning an exotic makes you a driving god,, all i said was that if the car going that fast was an exotic nothing would have been said,,,, not that just because he owns a certain type of car makes him a better driver then someone who owns 92 cavalier...
but again, thanks for proving my point

Jay911
06-08-2008, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by red99600

might as well start calling bylaw for uncut lawns, and not shoveling the sidewalk.

Please enlighten me on the last time someone's uncut lawn wiped out a family of five at a traffic light.

Toms-SC
06-08-2008, 09:05 PM
Call it in. After enough calls an officer will investigate.

If you want to have extra fun call it in as a drunk driver.

06-08-2008, 09:13 PM
:rofl: @ thread.

Antonito
06-08-2008, 10:24 PM

wow, you have no idea what my driving skill is either, and you have no idea if i've been in training,

so what exactly was the point of your argument?

My point is, given that like 0.0001% of the population has taken legitimate training to drive around at super high speeds in heavy traffic, it's nearly a foregone conclusion that when you see someone zooming by, they have no fucking clue how good they are other than by their own estimation, which can be very, very wrong.

wow you just proved my point,,, i said over half,,,not everyone,, but thanks for clearing that up,,, and i never said owning an exotic makes you a driving god,, all i said was that if the car going that fast was an exotic nothing would have been said,,,, not that just because he owns a certain type of car makes him a better driver then someone who owns 92 cavalier...
but again, thanks for proving my point

Yes, him refuting your point entirely proves it

:rofl:

Given how many responses in this thread involve the word "snitch", bad grammar, and just silly logic, I'm sticking by my original statement. Douches hate being told they are douches. And they like to go out of their way to prove their status.

Sorath
06-08-2008, 10:38 PM
this thread is hilarious ahahahahahahahahahaha.

i dont mean to start anything with u destinova, its just i hate these god damn threads

88jbody
06-09-2008, 09:20 PM
I usually don't call drivers in for speeding, but always call them in if appear drunk.

my wife and kids just hear me call him a bunch of names and complain about the drivers in this city for a good 10 minute rant.

let's leave this thread as a request for the douche drivers to not drive like a douche in traffic...

rice_balls
06-09-2008, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by 88jbody

my wife and kids just hear me call him a bunch of names and complain about the drivers in this city for a good 10 minute rant.

My wife tells me to shut up when i do that..... :rofl:

Ca_Silvia13
06-12-2008, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

As long as destinova is willing to go to court, then yes, they will do something.

Wrong, in instances where the public phones in for speed/stunting and other reportable shit like that. It takes two phoned in offenses for the Police to then track down the driver and then they MIGHT issue a ticket. The Police will not issue a ticket based on the OP's judgement. Its not like the OP had a radar gun and was trained to use said radr gun.

Let the Police enforce the laws. :thumbsdow for snitches

JRSC00LUDE
06-12-2008, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by red99600

:werd: Snitches get stitches, you best remember that bitches.

msommers
06-12-2008, 01:08 PM

Originally posted by Antonito My point is, given that like 0.0001% of the population has taken legitimate training to drive around at super high speeds in heavy traffic, it's nearly a foregone conclusion that when you see someone zooming by, they have no fucking clue how good they are other than by their own estimation, which can be very, very wrong.

I think you both are missing the point. It doesn't matter if you've taken years of training, or none at all. The fact of the matter is, you will never have control of the other drivers on the road. To illustrate:

You are a racing instructor, driving your fabulous Ferrari Enzo going 180km/h. This vehicle is certainly able to control high speeds very well and have the training and experience to know everything about this car. You're cruising down Deerfoot late at night when traffic is sparse. You pass this sunfire who is in the middle lane when the sunfire driver, while on a cell phone, doesn't shoulder check and very slightly taps your rear bumper as you go by while they are attempting to change lanes. What do you think happens?

Any retard driving like the OP has described should have their license taken away. Anyone who knows anything about actually driving fast would know the track is way more fun and way more safe than on public roads. You can go all out on the track, with the only worry being about actually winning and/or fucking up your car! A big :thumbsdow to the wannabe race car drivers on public roads.

da_rite
06-27-2008, 01:25 PM
this is an example of people having too much time on they're hands

If the guys driving fast, for what ever reason, make some extra space so you know you wont get in his way.
whats the point of provoking an accident to prove something.

besides, if your so concerned about traffic safety, why dont we focus on the people that drive under the speed limit on the left lane cause more commotion and confusion on the streets than the people that go their own speeds and stay out of people's way.

and everyone on this forum can agree, after driving behind one of those slow asses on our streets, you get pissed, and floor it to pass, and somehow we become the problem all of a sudden.

At the end of the day, your not alone, and people arnt going to drive like you. You got to adapt to society...its part of life bud

silviafreek89
06-27-2008, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by da_rite
make some extra space so you know you wont get in his way.

That's exactly what I do whenever I see a big lifted truck or a car excessively speeding...That's just safe driving practise.

To the op... tough luck:dunno:
If you were having a bad day (usually Mondays) this guy sure didn't help but I've noticed MANY dumb-shit drivers since I've been to Calgary. Just listen to some Bob Marley and "everything is going to be alright" ;)

403Gemini
06-27-2008, 01:55 PM

Think you just found the owner destinova ;)

Sorath
06-27-2008, 02:41 PM
wish it was me, i havent driven my skyline in at least 6 months

romeo.el.cobra
07-02-2008, 06:10 PM

"WHAT I DRIVE BLAH BLAH BLAH R32......IT WAS HIM!!

romeo.el.cobra
07-02-2008, 06:11 PM
OHL...HAHA..=( i shuolda read it till the end... sorry dude haha

eb0i
07-04-2008, 02:47 PM
I love it. The OP snitches on a guy speeding. But doesn't feel the need to pay when he parks in an Impark lot. :rolleyes:

Destinova403
07-04-2008, 02:53 PM
if you can let me know the next time not paying for parking kills a family or destroys someoses life... i would really really appreciate it. ill leave my P'M inbox open for you.

as i keep saying... i have no problem with speeding... in fact... i speed myself sometimes... but when your gonig MUCH faster than the sleed limit (i didnt say how fast because i dont have a radar gun) in a construction zone, weaving in and out of traffic... then you have a problem.

PS: please dont try to drag my name through the mud because i make a good contribution to this site and try to help any members i can whenever i can.

EDIT: mods please close...? this is turning into a pissing contest.

ThisPersian
07-04-2008, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Destinova403
if you can let me know the next time not paying for parking kills a family or destroys someoses life... i would really really appreciate it. ill leave my P'M inbox open for you.

as i keep saying... i have no problem with speeding... in fact... i speed myself sometimes... but when your gonig MUCH faster than the sleed limit (i didnt say how fast because i dont have a radar gun) in a construction zone, weaving in and out of traffic... then you have a problem.

PS: please dont try to drag my name through the mud because i make a good contribution to this site and try to help any members i can whenever i can.

EDIT: mods please close...? this is turning into a pissing contest.

ehh its beyond, people here feel the need to bash someone because they are behind a computer screen and find it "fun"

you did good, and its cool
thanks for the help to our city

Eleanor
07-04-2008, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by romeo.el.cobra

"WHAT I DRIVE BLAH BLAH BLAH R32......IT WAS HIM!!

Originally posted by romeo.el.cobra
OHL...HAHA..=( i shuolda read it till the end... sorry dude haha

You haven't been banned yet? :banghead: