PDA

View Full Version : LF: Office Job - Have EXP in O&G

zipdoa
06-05-2008, 12:33 PM
I actually just sent part of this message as a PM to a member on this board... but if anyone knows of any opportunities related to my experience (or anyone who needs someone who has ELITE computer knowledge), please don't hesitate to let me know!

- Preparing operating and capital budgets
- Unique Well Identifiers (UWI's)
- Accumap
- PEEP (Production forecasting and economics) software
- Basic log interpretation (Sw crossplots, resistivity, gamma and density readings)
- Drainage Area calculations

I have recently finished a contract working with FairWest Energy Corporation and am looking to continue in the industry throughout the summer and fall! I have a letter of recommendation from an petroleum engineer that I worked with, and if you're interested would be glad to submit that along with a resume and cover letter.

Please let me know what you think;

Thanks!

- Mike

USED1
06-05-2008, 12:39 PM
What kind of education do you have?

zipdoa
06-05-2008, 12:41 PM
Highschool Diploma, why?

thinmyster
06-05-2008, 12:54 PM
Without a postsecondary education you had better have a solid "in" in the industry. Although experience is valuable I dont think you'll find it is enough. Your best would be to go through a temp agency and work your way up. There are probably a ton of qualified, well educated people looking for the same positions you are

zipdoa
06-05-2008, 12:59 PM
Believe me, I understand the value in post-secondary education. I also know the work I am capable of, as are engineers I worked with. I have a couple of "in"'s in the industry, but also don't think it will hurt to get as much exposure as possible. That being said, I'm looking for any opportunities in the industry, not reasons why you DON'T THINK i'll have any success.

USED1
06-05-2008, 01:04 PM
I never said anything on you not having success. In my company, you won't be considered for a position doing any of that without an education. So I wouldn't be able to recommend you for anything.

zipdoa
06-05-2008, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by USED1
I never said anything on you not having success. In my company, you won't be considered for a position doing any of that without an education. So I wouldn't be able to recommend you for anything.

I'm sorry you misunderstood, but my reply was intended for thinmyster. If anyone has anything interesting to offer someone with a very REAL understanding of these skills, formally educated or not, feel free to PM me!

thinmyster
06-05-2008, 03:15 PM
Trust me i know how you feel. Real experience is way more valuable. i contract for a couple oil and gas companies while going through the motions of school.

gonefishing
06-10-2008, 11:11 AM
PM'd

zipdoa
06-23-2008, 02:27 PM
bump... still looking! had an interview but position filled before I got a chance :(

zipdoa
07-07-2008, 12:24 PM
bump bump still looking!