PDA

View Full Version : i know this is kinda off topic

ApexDrift
08-24-2003, 05:04 PM
i know this is kinda off topic... but i just pulled a renny i got cought driving with a uninsured car with a different plate... :banghead: :( :banghead: :( i was just wondering if anyone had any info on how i can avoid getting slapped with the $2800 doller fine on my court date... or any info in general to jsut get the FCUK out of the situation... if any one can help me ill treat them out to dinner or something... i really need some info any thing would halp alot

D'z Nutz
08-24-2003, 05:36 PM
You might want to talk to Pointts or Weapon_R, but this is gonna be hard to get out of. You shouldn't have been driving a car without insurance anyways.

300rwhp
08-24-2003, 05:56 PM
man where did u go to school i pulled a renny ????

Dope Dealer
08-24-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by 300rwhp
man where did u go to school i pulled a renny ????

boi_alien (Renny) did the same thing a couple months back....

Akagi Redsuns
08-24-2003, 06:40 PM
The fine for driving a un-insured car is brutal !!!!!! I thought that was well known. What were you thinking?? How did they catch you? Better not because you were speeding or something dumb like that. Hope you have a great reason for doing it, otherwise hello fine and have fun getting any future insurance in Alberta. Good luck!

Abom
08-24-2003, 07:24 PM
Talk to POINTTS is my advice. Pretty gay of you to be driving around without insurance tho :thumbsdow

el conversion
08-24-2003, 07:29 PM
i got a ticket with no insurance, and i hired a lawyer at points his name is Charles he will find a way to get you down to a lesser ticket!! he is a really good lawyer and cheap!!! Good luck man

ApexDrift
08-26-2003, 06:45 PM
on its not that i didnt have insurence....like i just bought the car and i informed the insurence company that im gunna slap another plate on the car...you know get that 2 week thing befor i have to buy insurence... i wasnt speeding!...they just ran my plates...see the 2weeks would have been up on aug 22 midnight they grabed me on the 23 4am...like im not fucking stupid i know i shouldnt drive with out insurence.... but i had that 2 week thing... thats what i told the cop but he told me to talk to the judge

Ben
08-26-2003, 06:59 PM
Insurance is mandatory the moment you pick up the vehicle. You dont have 2 weeks on insurance, you only have 2 weeks on registration. A few insurance companies have a new vehicle clause too cover you on a new vehicle for a few days but they still need to be informed, and have pink slips faxed out. Unfortunatly ignorance doesn't work well in the courts.

TalonVelocity
08-26-2003, 09:41 PM
owned.

Khyron
08-26-2003, 11:15 PM
Jesus - you actually thought you can drive a car for free for 2 weeks with no insurance? You are screwed, sorry man. :(

Edit: How did you register the car with no insurance?

Khyron

Weapon_R
08-27-2003, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
You might want to talk to Pointts or Weapon_R, but this is gonna be hard to get out of. You shouldn't have been driving a car without insurance anyways.

You don't really get out of these ones. You still have to pay a large portion of the fine, but the only good thing that Points or Traffic defence (the guys I work for) do is they ensure that your record is cleared of a major ticket (it's registered like an R.O. ticket) and the negotiations are done outside of court, so further punishment by the judge does not occur (ie any licence suspensions or other penalties).

The only REAL way to get out of this one is to find an insurance agent who will set the dates back a little to help you prove you had insurance somehow. Some corrupt agents will do it for a fee ;)

limecorrado
08-27-2003, 12:02 PM
could he say he was test driving it?it's unfourtunate it was 4 am.Try points or something they do it for a living and can probally help you out.Go for a free consultation.

3G
08-27-2003, 06:16 PM
that happened to my dad once before, he got caught with only his Bill of Sale :O....i dont know what he did, he ended up paying like a $250ish ticket..same situation as you though, he said he bought the car and wanted to see if it was good before he put the insurance on it

cromin
09-10-2003, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by Ben
Insurance is mandatory the moment you pick up the vehicle. You dont have 2 weeks on insurance, you only have 2 weeks on registration.

If im not mistaken...u cant get registered unless u have insurance.

neways, good luck with ur care man.

G
09-10-2003, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by cromin

If im not mistaken...u cant get registered unless u have insurance.

neways, good luck with ur care man.

That is exactly what he said.