PDA

View Full Version : Harveys burgers

copynpaste
06-05-2008, 11:29 PM
What do you think of them? I havent had one for years but had an angus beef the other day and wow ...best tasting burger ive had in awhile. :thumbsup: Also, not cheap either...$5.50+, add sattaed onions and bacon and cheese and its easily $7+. Hard to find harveys around...surprised theyre still open these days.

dj_rice
06-05-2008, 11:31 PM
All I know is their burgers are cook to order.....thats the only thing I liked besides getting the ingredients I wanted, how much I wanted but Harveys burgers sure were always a messy eat...too bad they tore down the Harveys across from Pearson

Quickstrike
06-06-2008, 04:44 AM
Harveys sells rather peculiar burgers. Those perfectly flat, square patties... the after-taste. Reminds me of some kind of canned meat.

I haven't tried their Angus burger, but I prefer McD's, Wendy's, and Burger Inn's offerings over Harvys custom-ordered spam specialty.

szw
06-06-2008, 06:03 AM
^ moron on many levels

mac_82
06-06-2008, 06:20 AM
I used to love Harvey's since I was a little kid. Last 3 trips there, someone I went with ended up with food poisoning. Once in Calgary, twice in Toronto. Haven't been back since. Real shame. :thumbsdow

ExtraSlow
06-06-2008, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by Quickstrike
Harveys sells rather peculiar burgers. Those perfectly flat, square patties... the after-taste. Reminds me of some kind of canned meat.
square? are you thinking of wendys?

I do agree that Harveys burgers taste different though. A couple of my Muslim friends in university wouldn't eat there because they swore that there was pork in the burgers. don't know if that's true of not, but it would explain the taste difference.

tekneekz
06-06-2008, 07:48 AM
^^ im pretty sure ive gotten food poisoning there before too about a year ago, never been back.

eina15
06-06-2008, 09:07 AM
If I have to have a burger, I love Harvey's - they taste more bbq'd as opposed to other fast food joints. The last time I had a burger (A&W mozza, mmmmm) I got really bad food poisoning so its been awhile ;)

I think everyone has a story like that...we just keep going back, tho...

teg_boya
06-06-2008, 09:10 AM
no to jack your thread or anything but i was to miss a burger joint it woiuld have to be fudruckers... it was like a burger buffet

Supa Dexta
06-06-2008, 09:22 AM
Pub burgers ftw.. But if need be, BK or DQ aren't bad for an ok burger.. The others are just quick and easy.. I made a thread about harveys and arbys not long ago, wondering how they stayed open.. I tried harveys, wasn't that impressed, and still haven't made it to arby's... I've been finding a&w to be wayyy down the past few times I've been... From edm, reddeer and calg.. Sumtin ain't the same... I'm not sure if its cause they always have the cheap deals I get or what.. But By the time I'm onto the 2nd burger, I don't want anymore.

atomic
06-06-2008, 09:37 AM
I <3 harvey burgers . they're my BFFE!!!11 i'm addin them to myspace.

Okay i don't know why i typed that . I guess i'm just excited cause it's f'n friday!

topic? oh yah . Harvey's: LOVE THEM . it's the only fast food joint i'll eat at .. burgers aren't fatty . made to order . poutine is good, even has squeeky cheese!

best part about harvey's is they build the burger for ya, right there . you say how much and what you want .

oh, and "pickles on the side" . yum!

might need to visit a harveys for lunch today ..

Kritafo
06-06-2008, 10:00 AM
haven't had one since my last round of sickness from one...but i am feeling the urge.

Get the pickles on the side, and get the extra jalapeņos...don't forget the onion rings.

teg_boya
06-06-2008, 10:02 AM
its 10 and my stomach wont stop eating itself.... mapquesting harveys

Inzane
06-06-2008, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by copynpaste
Also, not cheap either...$5.50+, add sattaed onions and bacon and cheese and its easily $7+.

That seems to be a growing trend in fast food. The Burger King double-whopper Indiana Jones burger is like ~$6.8x just for the burger alone, no combo. (BTW, I normally can't stand BK, but that Indiana Jones burger is actually pretty damn good).

Dairy Queen has some pretty ludicrously expensive burgers as well.

Kloubek
06-06-2008, 10:45 AM
Actually, the Angus burger at Harveys is the best I've had from a fast food joint EVER. It's really, really good. But as mentioned, a little pricey. Worth it though, as the ingredients seem to be pretty good quality...

ToastiER
06-06-2008, 11:19 AM
I like Harvey's the Angus is great, however there have been two seperate harvey's here in toon town that went bust. That might mean something, although one was in the Home Depot with no where to sit.

Quickstrike
06-06-2008, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by szw
^ moron on many levels

Originally posted by ExtraSlow

square? are you thinking of wendys?

I do agree that Harveys burgers taste different though. A couple of my Muslim friends in university wouldn't eat there because they swore that there was pork in the burgers. don't know if that's true of not, but it would explain the taste difference.

LOL. OK. It has been awhile since I have eaten there.

I just remember the near-perfect symmetry of the patty, the lack of apparent texture on the meats surface, the odd after-taste -- things that I don't often associate with "hamburger-meat".

Kind of reminds me of a typical free burger that local establishments will often hand out during stampede time.

I am not the only one that finds Harvey's burgers tasting a little "off". If I buy some fresh ground-beef from the store and make my own burgers, or buy a burger from a restaurant they will taste quite different.

It seems like most of you are talking about their Angus burger -- which I haven't tasted yet. It could be quite a bit different from their regular value menu.

teg_boya
06-06-2008, 11:30 AM
where are the harveys in town? i have no idea where even one is... mcleod... somewhere?

Quickstrike
06-06-2008, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by teg_boya
where are the harveys in town? i have no idea where even one is... mcleod... somewhere?

Yeah. There are a couple on Macleod.

Harvey's Chain Locations. (http://www.urbanspoon.com/ch/15/16044/Calgary/Harveys.html)

teg_boya
06-06-2008, 11:46 AM
nice. good link. good boy.
im def making the trip down to macleod although it will remove 15 mintues from my lunch time in travel, it will be worth it for a large juicy hamburger

GQBalla
06-06-2008, 12:22 PM
the one in brentwood is good i used to go in high school

Quiet10
06-06-2008, 12:33 PM
Mmm. Fuddrucker's is pretty good burgers. Had one in Saskatoon last time I was out of town, and it was pretty delicious. It's gone from Calgary now I'm guessing? :cry:

98type_r
06-06-2008, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by teg_boya
nice. good link. good boy.
im def making the trip down to macleod although it will remove 15 mintues from my lunch time in travel, it will be worth it for a large juicy hamburger

last time i did that it was almost a half hour wait just to get your food because of the lineup in there, just not enough people working.

teg_boya
06-06-2008, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by 98type_r

last time i did that it was almost a half hour wait just to get your food because of the lineup in there, just not enough people working.

drive thru got me through in 10 minutes. that angus burger is unreal.

Ferio_vti
06-06-2008, 01:50 PM
Frings FTW!!

Their Angus is pretty tasty.

Kritafo
06-07-2008, 01:32 PM
I wanted Harvey's last night but ended up BBQ'ing Angus burgers..I made home made onion rings, used lettuce from my garden, peppers from my garden.. Tomatos won't be ready for a few weeks. Pickles from canning last year.

I just used the Blue Menu Angus bugers from Superstore.. 8.00 for 8 burgers. They were very nice.

Meal was great...but I missed out on Harvey's poutine.

94CoRd
06-08-2008, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
the one in brentwood is good i used to go in high school

they found cat meat in their burgers quite a few years ago. 10 +, but thats enough for me to never go back. :nut:

Kritafo
06-08-2008, 03:04 PM
I would like to see that article please

GQBalla
06-08-2008, 05:41 PM
really?

cat meat?

never heard of that one

Bimmer88
06-09-2008, 01:18 AM
They always have one in Home Depot.... that's where I always go anyways.

eb0i
06-13-2008, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by 94CoRd

they found cat meat in their burgers quite a few years ago. 10 +, but thats enough for me to never go back. :nut:

I call :bullshit:

TYMSMNY
06-13-2008, 12:26 PM
You know what's good for about the same price? Boogies Burgers on Edmonton Trail. :thumbsup:

brown_guy
06-13-2008, 12:38 PM
I like the vege burger .... best I have had in town :dunno:

silviafreek89
06-13-2008, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by TYMSMNY
You know what's good for about the same price? Boogies Burgers on Edmonton Trail. :thumbsup:

and Buger Inn's Buffalo/Ostrich burgers ... HEALTHY AS FUCK but exceeds everyone else in taste/quality!!!

+ their garlic toast is yummy

heavyD
06-13-2008, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by 94CoRd

No that scandal was purposely done 10+ years ago by Harvey's to ensure that lying, bullshitters would stop frequenting. You've never been back so it must have worked.:thumbsup:

MR_PIMP
06-13-2008, 01:24 PM
I find they have good burgers but not many places in town ...so dont go there much

heavyD
06-13-2008, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by MR_PIMP
I find they have good burgers but not many places in town ...so dont go there much

They are way more popular out east much like Labatt's Blue.

silviafreek89
06-13-2008, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

Don't forget Molson :thumbsup:

heavyD
06-13-2008, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by silviafreek89

Don't forget Molson :thumbsup:

Molson does pretty well out west.

ekguy
06-13-2008, 02:18 PM
had a couple bacon cheeseburgers from Harvey's this week. Not that good anymore. Fatburger is where it's at. Plus they have beer. Next on the list. Tommy Burger.

treg50
06-13-2008, 02:27 PM
Try asking for it well-done, if I have to go there I find it tastes best this way.

Kritafo
06-13-2008, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

Yeah but if you ever get a chance in ON go to Chatham Burger ....best burger ever!

ahh yeah...Labatts....you use to be able to go down to the bottling place and buy singles in London ON. We did that lots while going to UWO

riander
06-13-2008, 07:10 PM
Man Harvey's burgers are fucking brutal. Every time I get one it reminds me of as if I made my own burger, but really fucked it up. They dont have their own unique taste I find.

Best fast food burger i ever had...
Spicy Baconator :drool: