PDA

View Full Version : Back To College?

Pages : [1] 2

Davetronz
08-25-2003, 12:11 AM
Other than me and Melinda who are heading back to school at SAIT tomorow morning, who else is going back to SAIT or elsewhere?
Any newbies heading to SAIT this year?

For those of you who think that this is early to be going back, remember that SAIT usually gets out 2 weeks before everyone else...

:D

max_boost
08-25-2003, 12:16 AM
Yah I'm going to SAIT but I'm skipping the first week. My shop is short staff so I'm going to work and make some more $$$. I love SAIT, gave me a second chance on my education.

Davetronz
08-25-2003, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
Yah I'm going to SAIT but I'm skipping the first week. My shop is short staff so I'm going to work and make some more $$$. I love SAIT, gave me a second chance on my education.
Doesnt your program do attendence?
If we miss 3 classes without a doctors note we are GONE!

Weapon_R
08-25-2003, 12:23 AM
:D The only thing I like about Uni is that we start about 2 weeks after everyone else does!

nismodrifter
08-25-2003, 12:26 AM
goin for my first year at U of C

I don't know what to expect...

I am actually kinda worried about how much the workload is going to increase (ie..how hard do I really have to work to get good marks)

AquamosH
08-25-2003, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by nismodrifter

I am actually kinda worried about how much the workload is going to increase (ie..how hard do I really have to work to get good marks)

Don't worry man, I found it easier than high school. I guess it depends on what you're going into, but it's not like they give you homework every night. You just have to stay on top of things.

What are you taking by the way?

Weapon_R
08-25-2003, 12:34 AM

It's not the workload that is bad, but you'll soon realize its nothing like high school. You have to do a lot of your own work to stay on top of things, and you have to be disciplined, cuz no one gives a shit whether u show or not.

nismodrifter
08-25-2003, 12:34 AM
I am going into the Natural Sciences program

are there still like stoopid "unit tests" (test on the current section of the course you are studying..) in university or are there just midterms and final exams?

what about quizzes?

stayin focused on my school work is not a problem for me...I am mainly worried about the # of tests and assignments. Can I expect more or less assignments/tests in university

Weapon_R
08-25-2003, 12:35 AM
All of the above.

AquamosH
08-25-2003, 12:38 AM
All depends on your prof. It's your first year, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

max_boost
08-25-2003, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by FastDak318

Doesnt your program do attendence?
If we miss 3 classes without a doctors note we are GONE! Yah but who gives a shit until after the add/drop deadline!

Originally posted by Weapon_R

It's not the workload that is bad, but you'll soon realize its nothing like high school. You have to do a lot of your own work to stay on top of things, and you have to be disciplined, cuz no one gives a shit whether u show or not.

Correspondence is even harder! haha

euro tang
08-25-2003, 01:00 AM
goin back to SAIT tommorow too, this year things are gonna change since im on academic probation, No more slackin!

^SkylinE^
08-25-2003, 01:08 AM
Im back a sait....I got into the EMT-A program hopefully one day i will be a paramedic! See you guys around!

eur0
08-25-2003, 01:09 AM
goin to uofc, went to st marys for some general then transfer this year into comp sci...not sure what to expect :confused:

Weapon_R
08-25-2003, 01:11 AM
Correspondence is even harder! haha

Damn i'd need someone with a cane standing over my head to make me do correspondence. I'm not nearly disciplined enough to do that!

Gondi Stylez
08-25-2003, 01:28 AM
who here is all goin to MRC?! bastards at UofC told me i had to go their cuz they wouldnt wait for my summer school marks?!?! and even then im goin to have to redo it! fuckin 72 isnt good enough!!! o well let the MRC crew represent!!!!???

ZorroAMG
08-25-2003, 09:07 AM
Nis...Definitely stay on top of your assigned readings as much as possible....where cramming could ususally get you by in HS, reading and understanding/memorzing a semester worth of info times 5 if you take five classes is VERY difficult. Get into study groups in all your classes, or at least have contacts that know where to get past exams an quizzes and assignments that help you understand better what is expected in each to do well. Last but not least, STAY AWAY FROM THE OVE/DEN!!!!! hhahaha

5.9 R/T
08-25-2003, 09:10 AM
Do what the engineers do. Cheat like dogs. Seems to work well for them. haha!

Melinda
08-25-2003, 09:12 AM
Blah, I'm in my first class of my second year...I REALLY HOPE THEY GET BETTER THEN THIS! We're going over the history of newspapers...man oh man, still another 2 hours to go...:(

No but seriously, super glad to be back at school, mssed it a bit this summer :) And yeah, SAIT goes back weeks early but we also get out two weeks earlier too :P

Melinda

szw
08-25-2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T
Do what the engineers do. Cheat like dogs. Seems to work well for them. haha!

Works well until exam time comes. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Davan
08-25-2003, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Gondi Stylez
who here is all goin to MRC?! bastards at UofC told me i had to go their cuz they wouldnt wait for my summer school marks?!?! and even then im goin to have to redo it! fuckin 72 isnt good enough!!! o well let the MRC crew represent!!!!???

I work at Mount Royal. Does that count? :D

Shaolin
08-25-2003, 09:50 AM
I goto U of L Calgary Campus, which is SAIT :D

kaput
08-25-2003, 10:28 AM

D'z Nutz
08-25-2003, 10:46 AM
Back to school? What the fuck? I just finished spring/summer courses two Friday's ago! My summer just started! Hahaha!

But I'm excited... 4th year of comp sci :clap: (even though I'll probably be returning for an extra semester afterwards for stupid options...)

Akagi Redsuns
08-25-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by kaput
snip.......Ride the curve... hasn't failed me yet!

Lol, I hear ya. I know there has been some courses where I got a 21% in the final (worth 60%) and still ended up with a B+. What a brutal course. Boy am I glad school is done for me!!! What a waste of money and time (relatively speaking, crappy profs, expensive tution...could have learned almost 80% of it on my own and the 20% from a mentor), but the piece of paper makes it all worth it.

Good luck to all students returning to school and hope you are all taking a program you enjoy.

Superesc
08-25-2003, 12:14 PM
man I wish I was back in school, 2 months of holiday... man I just started my holiday this week.. well it will only last for one week... :thumbsdow

Gondi Stylez
08-25-2003, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Davan

I work at Mount Royal. Does that count? :D

hahah maybe, where do you work??

Davan
08-25-2003, 12:42 PM
ITS department. :)

Hakkola
08-25-2003, 12:54 PM

MRC here, second year. I was supposed to go to U of C last year but Alberta Learning f'd up my transcripts and left out some 30 level courses, I would have gotten in but now I have to change from applied math 30 the pure this semester because they changed the requirements, so I'm at MRC for at least one more semester. Pisses me off, but MRC is pretty good, seems like I'm wasting my time though.

sml
08-25-2003, 01:03 PM
I'm planning on going back to sait for some bbq cooking course or whatever cooking course they have available! No more academic courses for me! Oh wait, I can't go back since I never went to sait in the first place... what's so good about sait anyways? there's probably more people going to sait than U of C!!! Or maybe that's just the beyond population... :confused:

Gondi Stylez
08-25-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

MRC here, second year. I was supposed to go to U of C last year but Alberta Learning f'd up my transcripts and left out some 30 level courses, I would have gotten in but now I have to change from applied math 30 the pure this semester because they changed the requirements, so I'm at MRC for at least one more semester. Pisses me off, but MRC is pretty good, seems like I'm wasting my time though.

are you taking MATH 0130 then???? and if you are what time cuz im gonan be there also!! im on M and W from 630-850

hjr
08-25-2003, 02:50 PM
U of A on the 3rd i think (i should really check on that). segundo anos de mi esudio. Actually im not taking spanish again.

gpomp
08-25-2003, 03:01 PM
Going back to Kingston on the 5th.

max_boost
08-25-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by sml
I'm planning on going back to sait for some bbq cooking course or whatever cooking course they have available! No more academic courses for me! Oh wait, I can't go back since I never went to sait in the first place... what's so good about sait anyways? there's probably more people going to sait than U of C!!! Or maybe that's just the beyond population... :confused: While a BComm from U of C is definitely the preferred choice for a business degree, most of us can't get in to the program with the intensive competition! So instead of pissing away two years trying to do that, you already have your business diploma at SAIT:D

Cheaper tuition, smaller classes, makes a difference to me at least.

The way I look at it, a degree is a degree, doesn't matter where you get it from. Because in the end, you are learning the samething.

Weapon_R
08-25-2003, 03:12 PM
While a BComm from U of C is definitely the preferred choice for a business degree, most of us can't get in to the program with the intensive competition! So instead of pissing away two years trying to do that, you already have your business diploma at SAIT:D

Cheaper tuition, smaller classes, makes a difference to me at least.

The way I look at it, a degree is a degree, doesn't matter where you get it from. Because in the end, you are learning the samething.

The shitty thing is that they now have direct entry into the management program, so many people get in regardless of whether they work hard for two years or not...

Max_Boost - my sister just enrolled in the business admin course at Sait - how do the employment opportunities and career prospects look for this program? I know you are taking it, but would you take it again if you were given the opportunity?

Kamen
08-25-2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by gpomp
Going back to Kingston on the 5th.

Going back on the 29th.
If you want all your shit back from me you're gonna have to find me when you get back cuz on the 5th I'm going to be at the sidewalk sale all day...er....scouting the frosh....for my club....yea, that's it.

max_boost
08-25-2003, 05:08 PM

The shitty thing is that they now have direct entry into the management program, so many people get in regardless of whether they work hard for two years or not...

Max_Boost - my sister just enrolled in the business admin course at Sait - how do the employment opportunities and career prospects look for this program? I know you are taking it, but would you take it again if you were given the opportunity? I think it's a great program! If the statistics are correct, something like 97% of graduates are employed within in 6 months of completing the program. Now that % is misleading because the hard part isn't finding a job, but finding a good one that pays well!! :D

If I had the choice, I would of worked harder to try to get into a prestigious University somewhere out East or South of the border.:bigpimp: I ran out of options so SAIT was my best bet and I'm happy with my progress so far. I'll be graduating with a Bachelor of Administration with concentration in Industrial Relations and Human Resources from Athabasca University sometime next year and hopefully that will land me a HR job somewhere. If not, I'll be a lifer at my restaurant! haha

rsxrsx
08-25-2003, 05:14 PM
Did SAIT, now moving on to the Uni. I'm getting more and more nervous as the fisrt day of classes approachs but I guess that happens to all first time students. *well me anyway, lol*

Hash_man
08-25-2003, 05:22 PM
Well I am just going back to high school for grade 12 this week, but I am almost 100% sure that I wil be at SAIT the year after.

I think I will take BA Automotive. Is anyone here in that course?

CRX crazy
08-25-2003, 05:43 PM

Yeah for MRC :clap: he he actualy I'm not starting until winter semester though, have to work to pay off the new car, but I'll be going into my second year there.

Hakkola
08-25-2003, 05:47 PM

are you taking MATH 0130 then???? and if you are what time cuz im gonan be there also!! im on M and W from 630-850

M and W 1600-1820 in x303, that sucs man, rearrange your schedule!!!

Now I know like 5 people in this class, but I'm not in the same one with any of them.:banghead:

DJ Lazy
08-25-2003, 06:23 PM
Yup... I go back tomorrow morning at 10am... First class: Selling 300...

My first day goes from 10am-6pm.. with a 1 hour break... :thumbsdow

civiclvr
08-25-2003, 07:16 PM
New to calgary and going to SAIT!! also missed the orientation and all so had to figure this out on the fly.... wish me luck for tommorow!

Ichigo
08-25-2003, 07:56 PM
Newbie going to SAIT... First day today.. Way better than work.. except you don't get paid..
I'm currently enrolled in the AST program..

zoki87
08-25-2003, 08:16 PM
all of u r lucky i started a week ago. But i i aint in n e of those special classes just standard stuff

gpomp
08-25-2003, 08:20 PM
Why are there so many people that go to SAIT on beyond?

DJ Lazy
08-25-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by gpomp
Why are there so many people that go to SAIT on beyond?

Cuz we are a tight crew, and are representin'... LOL even tho I don't know a single person on this site personally.. LOL
Nah. I have no idea why so many of us goto SAIT.. :dunno:
It is a good technical school.. that could have something to do with it..

max_boost
08-25-2003, 08:49 PM
Selling 300 is a joke!!! It is perhaps one of the easiest classes you will ever take! Besides the stupid computer classes of course! :D

DJ Lazy
08-25-2003, 08:52 PM
Selling 300 is a joke!!! It is perhaps one of the easiest classes you will ever take! Besides the stupid computer classes of course! :D

Your in Business Admin aswell I assume? :rofl:

The only classes I am worried about are BLAW and STATS..

max_boost
08-25-2003, 08:57 PM
haha
BLAW is pretty easy, I took highschool legal studies so essentially it was the same thing! haha

Stats isn't difficult either. Just make sure you do a few of the practice questions for each chapter and you're set!

The only class I am worried about is Accounting. God I hate that shit :rofl:

DJ Lazy
08-25-2003, 09:01 PM
haha
BLAW is pretty easy, I took highschool legal studies so essentially it was the same thing! haha

Stats isn't difficult either. Just make sure you do a few of the practice questions for each chapter and you're set!

The only class I am worried about is Accounting. God I hate that shit :rofl:

Yea.. Accounting is GAY... I don't know how I passed both of them last year.. but I know I went into the finals with a failling mark and came out with a D... :rofl:

But NO MORE Accounting for me... :D
What are you majoring in Max??

Hash_man
08-25-2003, 09:11 PM
Oh, I also feel sorry for you all if you get my mom as one of your Profs... hahahahaha :rofl: :rofl:

Gondi Stylez
08-25-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

M and W 1600-1820 in x303, that sucs man, rearrange your schedule!!!

Now I know like 5 people in this class, but I'm not in the same one with any of them.:banghead:

what class is x303???? arent u in the pure math 30 upgradiung course? that is 0130?? and i dont remeber seeing a time that started at 6? mine was the only one??!?!?!

btw what else are you talking at MRC! im doin sciences!!

DJ Lazy
08-25-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Hash_man
Oh, I also feel sorry for you all if you get my mom as one of your Profs... hahahahaha :rofl: :rofl:

Who is your mom.. Like whats her name?

Davetronz
08-25-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by DJ Lo-Tec

Who is your mom.. Like whats her name?
Does she teach at SAIT?
Whats her name?

Melinda
08-26-2003, 12:46 AM
Hmm sounds like its time to get another Beyond SAIT meet together, let me know what your guys' time off is like and we'll set something up...last year's was a great success! :thumbsup:

GT2NV
08-26-2003, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by tbk49
goin to uofc, went to st marys for some general then transfer this year into comp sci...not sure what to expect :confused:
hey im doin the same thing:thumbsup:

Davetronz
08-26-2003, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Melinda
Hmm sounds like its time to get another Beyond SAIT meet together, let me know what your guys' time off is like and we'll set something up...last year's was a great success! :thumbsup: We had like 4 people including me and you......
Didnt we? :confused:

Melinda
08-26-2003, 09:12 AM
We had like 4 people including me and you......
Didnt we? :confused:
No there was like 8 of us...I think the only SAIT student we were missing was sam...there's more of us now..;) so the 2nd annual one will be bigger and better

Davetronz
08-26-2003, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Melinda

No there was like 8 of us...I think the only SAIT student we were missing was sam...there's more of us now..;) so the 2nd annual one will be bigger and better
LOL
Ok I will take your word Mel :D

Having fun on your day off? I saw Erin and your special friend today at Starbucks (which I have visited twice already...)

max_boost
08-26-2003, 09:44 AM
I'm majoring in Marketing! Picked the wrong one though, should of done Finance :D

max_boost
08-26-2003, 09:45 AM
And yah, I'll be up for a Beyond meet at SAIT. I'll be there everyday until 10pm except for Fridays and this week cause I'm skipping!! haha I'm such a rebel :rofl:

Melinda
08-26-2003, 09:46 AM

LOL
Ok I will take your word Mel :D

Having fun on your day off? I saw Erin and your special friend today at Starbucks (which I have visited twice already...)
Hehehe I love tuesdays already :) And damn you!

Blue Devil 2
08-26-2003, 10:17 AM
And yah, I'll be up for a Beyond meet at SAIT. I'll be there everyday until 10pm except for Fridays and this week cause I'm skipping!! haha I'm such a rebel :rofl:

lol... Where's Kevin?? damn you rebels!!!

Hakkola
08-26-2003, 11:33 AM

what class is x303???? arent u in the pure math 30 upgradiung course? that is 0130?? and i dont remeber seeing a time that started at 6? mine was the only one??!?!?!

btw what else are you talking at MRC! im doin sciences!!

x303 is the room i'm in, the math is same as yours, 0130.
you said your class was 6-830 didn't you??? My class is 1600-1820, that's 4:00-6:20. My other classes are Astronomy 2205 and ENGL 2235, I'm taking it easy this semester.

ACS-e36
08-26-2003, 03:30 PM
woah~! so many so many ppls goto sait! im up for a beyond meet too! i have fridays OFF! WOOHOO!

HK2NR
08-27-2003, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by ACS-e36
i have fridays OFF! WOOHOO!

FUCK YOU! i wish EET was so slack !

Melinda
08-27-2003, 01:36 AM
I have tuesdays off...wish it was fridays though...or even mondays :)

nismodrifter
08-27-2003, 02:49 AM
what's the best place to go to get good prices on used textbooks (u of c)

and how do I find out what textbooks I Need for my course/prof?

kaput
08-27-2003, 10:46 AM

D'z Nutz
08-27-2003, 11:26 AM

If you go to the bookstore, the books are divided by subject, course number, and sometimes session and professor. Just go to the section, look for your course number, and it'll say which professor is using the book. Or you can just go to class and he/she will tell you. I never rush and get the text books right away, because sometimes the prof will say the textbook is optional, or may not even use it that much at all, or may even provide you with all the necessary materials you need for the course (ie: handouts, pdfs on course website, etc...).

There's also that website that was set up for students to buy and sell used text books, but I can't find the exact URL right now...

nismodrifter
08-27-2003, 01:28 PM
so text books aren't necessarily a required "first day" thing ?

I don't want to get screwed because I don't have texts the first couple days

Weapon_R
08-27-2003, 01:35 PM
Don't ever buy the textbooks the first day of class.

Almost always, a prof will say "you can use the previous edition for this class too" which will save you big dollars. Instead of using the 6th edition, for example, just go and buy a used 5th edition, which is usually identical but with only a chapter or two revised.

Also, you may not like the class you are in, and decide to transfer out of it. Why buy a text for a class you are switching?

nismodrifter
08-27-2003, 05:40 PM
thanks for the help D'znutz and weaponr :thumbsup:

VWhooligan
08-27-2003, 05:58 PM
anyone else go to MRC? we can have a Beyond MRC meet :P

sml
08-27-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Kamen

sidewalk sale all day...er....scouting the frosh....for my club....yea, that's it.

what club? QCSA, QSEAC, QTCS, QMCSA???

sml
08-27-2003, 06:28 PM

OMG... not the stats that I took... I got 50% in that course and I had a 95% in both Math 30 and 31 in high shcool!!! :dunno:

AquamosH
08-27-2003, 10:07 PM

I found the best place to get used books was the SU used book store. You'll find it in Mac Hall on the same level as the food court. You probably won't get all the books you need there, but you'll get the best prices because it's students that are selling them.

And to find out which textbooks you need, go to www.ucalgary.ca/infonet and click on Services for Students. From there look up the course on the master timetable, and it'll have a link at the top to list your texts. Double check when you go to the newer book store.

gpomp
08-27-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by sml

OMG... not the stats that I took... I got 50% in that course and I had a 95% in both Math 30 and 31 in high shcool!!! :dunno:
My physics mark dropped 45% from highschool to university. Haha!

nismodrifter
08-31-2003, 01:50 AM
a question about math/physics courses...

what kind of calculator is allowed to be used? will my ti-83 from high school math be fine for university or not?

HK2NR
08-31-2003, 01:56 AM
a question about math/physics courses...

what kind of calculator is allowed to be used? will my ti-83 from high school math be fine for university or not?

math you can't use calculators... well the calculus and alebra courses that i had taken didn't allow any

nismodrifter
08-31-2003, 02:08 AM
but for everything else a ti-83 is fine?

HK2NR
08-31-2003, 02:22 AM
but for everything else a ti-83 is fine?

yeah i remembered using a calculator in physics.. and how my friend kept on storing formulas in her calc. before the tests haha:eek:

nismodrifter
08-31-2003, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by HK2NR

yeah i remembered using a calculator in physics.. and how my friend kept on storing formulas in her calc. before the tests haha:eek:

they don't clear calc memory in uni?? :D

shit...doing math without a calculator will be weird now that I haven't done anything without a calculator in school since like grade 6....numbers better be easy to work with or something :D

HK2NR
08-31-2003, 02:49 AM

they don't clear calc memory in uni?? :D

shit...doing math without a calculator will be weird now that I haven't done anything without a calculator in school since like grade 6....numbers better be easy to work with or something :D

haha in a room filled iwth hundreds of people.. who's going to check your calc.

i was in IB in High school pfft calculators were worth nothing!

D'z Nutz
08-31-2003, 11:36 AM
Yeah for all the math related classes I've taken with the exception of Stats, calculators aren't allowed. But the numbers you're given to work with are usually small and easy to calculate anyways. So if you find you're calculating with incredibly large numbers, you've probably done something wrong!

Can't speak for physics though.

CRX crazy
08-31-2003, 12:37 PM
they allow calculators in physics, well they did in my course anyways, so I wouldn't think why not all of them.

nismodrifter
08-31-2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
Yeah for all the math related classes I've taken with the exception of Stats, calculators aren't allowed. But the numbers you're given to work with are usually small and easy to calculate anyways. So if you find you're calculating with incredibly large numbers, you've probably done something wrong!

so it's more of a thing about knowing the method of obtaining the answer and then being able to work out a simple calc after you've done everything else?

Weapon_R
08-31-2003, 04:38 PM
You can't use TI-83 calculators because there is an ability to cheat. I can't remember a single class where the test heading reads "Non-programmable calculators ONLY" or something along those lines. With that said, i've used programmables and no one goes out of the way to force you not to use them, but nothin is worse than writing your final exam and having your calculator taken away :D

nismodrifter
08-31-2003, 05:50 PM
You can't use TI-83 calculators because there is an ability to cheat. I can't remember a single class where the test heading reads "Non-programmable calculators ONLY" or something along those lines. With that said, i've used programmables and no one goes out of the way to force you not to use them, but nothin is worse than writing your final exam and having your calculator taken away :D

so what kinda calc should I get? just a normal scientific one for like 10 bucks?

is a graphing calculator necessary for tests?

and what if i carried a "backup calculator ;D my ti-83 gets taken away for the test...then i take out my backup which is a legal? is that kinda shit allowed ? :D

Weapon_R
09-01-2003, 01:52 AM
Unless you need a graphing calculator for school (and i've never had the use for one, even the calculus classes dont allow calculators at all and there are a lot of graphs, you just need to KNOW what it should look like), don't bother with one. Get a $10 calculator. If it says "no programmable calculators", then dont risk it and use one.

D'z Nutz
09-01-2003, 02:06 AM

so it's more of a thing about knowing the method of obtaining the answer and then being able to work out a simple calc after you've done everything else?

Pretty much. In a lot of the classes, even though your answer is incorrect, you still get part marks if your procedure is done correctly, despite using wrong numbers. If you already have a calculator, you don't need to get another one. You'd only use it to check your answers if you plan on doing your homework anyways. For most classes, you won't be able to use it during quizzes and exams anyways. If you're concerned about anything, just ask during the first day of classes. The prof will clear up any uncertainties you'll have.

nismodrifter
09-01-2003, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz

Pretty much. In a lot of the classes, even though your answer is incorrect, you still get part marks if your procedure is done correctly, despite using wrong numbers. If you already have a calculator, you don't need to get another one. You'd only use it to check your answers if you plan on doing your homework anyways. For most classes, you won't be able to use it during quizzes and exams anyways. If you're concerned about anything, just ask during the first day of classes. The prof will clear up any uncertainties you'll have.

thanks again for the help guyz

kinda gettin freaked about all this kinda stuff....

szw
09-01-2003, 09:51 AM

so what kinda calc should I get? just a normal scientific one for like 10 bucks?

is a graphing calculator necessary for tests?

and what if i carried a "backup calculator ;D my ti-83 gets taken away for the test...then i take out my backup which is a legal? is that kinda shit allowed ? :D

Depends on class and professor. I've had a couple classes where my prof allowed us to use graphing calculators while the other sections weren't allowed. Kinda messed up, gave us a slight advantage in the fact you can check your answer to know if you are correct, but most people don't finish the question in the first place so no big deal.

Don't worry about that stuff...go to class they will tell you what calculator is required or allowed.

yeah if you bring a programmable calc into a test where its not allowed, bring a legal one as a backup, just say you didn't know or you forgot. Most don't really care I think...but look out for this russian guy named Mintchev, this guy is scary.

D'z Nutz
09-01-2003, 11:32 AM

thanks again for the help guyz

kinda gettin freaked about all this kinda stuff....

You know what? Don't be. Just keep up with your assignments and homework like you should be and you'll do fine. The reason why most people do so poorly is because they get so carried away with the slackness of U of C that when it's time to buckle down, they're so far behind that they have to work their asses off to catch up.

Kamen
09-01-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by sml

what club? QCSA, QSEAC, QTCS, QMCSA???

CSA all the way man!
QSEAC can go eat a dick hah

Fack, Kingston is so damn boring...come back soon Gpomp!

GT2NV
09-02-2003, 12:37 AM
who here is all going to st marys?

VWhooligan
09-10-2003, 10:13 PM
ive seen a couple nice cars at MRC this year that i recognize...

thats orange prelude.. shadowz i think? the blue prelude with the 4sfed license?

kaput
09-10-2003, 10:28 PM

Hakkola
09-10-2003, 11:30 PM
Yeah i see shadowz car all the time, I saw your car (vwhooligan) as well.