PDA

View Full Version : Rant: Dishonesty among golfers!

krazykhoja
06-08-2008, 10:42 PM
Ok so i have a little rant...but first off I realize this is partly (well mostly my fault) but I still thought there was decent ppl in this world...guess i was wrong...

So I'm out at McCall Lake today on the Par 3 course...decided to play 2 rounds even with the weather being what it was....realized on the first hole of the 2nd round that I didn't have my SW and had accidently left it on the 8th hole of the previous round (only about 10-15 minutes before)...so ran to the hole wasn't there so ran back to the clubhouse but it hadn't been turned in...now there was only one group behind us...bunch of white kids about late teens, early 20s...(not trying to be racist/agist...as I'm in my early 20s but just saying what they looked liked)...and had seen a couple of them in the clubhouse right before when I paid for my 2nd round)...now it really wouldn't have been that difficult to ask us if we had left a club on the course or even turned it in to the staff at the course...I've done that before myself when i've found a club...but I guess karma didn't help me out....anyways if anybody happens to know someone who was golfing around 3/4pm today and knows if anybody has the club that would be awesome...not holding my breath...but a reward might be offered...so now i have to go buy another SW...which sucks...b/c it would've been nice if they had returned it or asked us if it was our club....but i guess what comes around goes around...hopefully karma bites em back...so ya...i guess i thought golfers might have more class...but i guess i was wrong....its just a piss-off when it wouldn't have taken any effort on their part either...but like i said my own fault for leaving it after i raked the sand...not a mistake i will make again....

again...if anybody knows anything please PM me :)

EK 2.0
06-09-2008, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by krazykhoja
...but I guess karma didn't help me out....

...hopefully karma bites em back...

So, karma didn't work for you, in getting your Sand Wedge back...

BUT, you expect it to turn around and do something to the kids who may or may not have taken your club??:dunno:

arian_ma
06-09-2008, 07:09 AM
I think your title should read "Dishonesty among society as a whole."

Kona9
06-09-2008, 07:17 AM
it's "What GOES around, COMES around."

Why didn't you ask the kids if they had seen it?

The_Rural_Juror
06-09-2008, 07:25 AM

mo_money2supe
06-09-2008, 07:47 AM
Perhaps the Marshall (or even groundskeepers) picked it up and just never caught up to you guys or had a chance to stop by the clubhouse. Maybe call back today and see if anything showed up before you jump on the gun and call dishonesty amongst people.

Z_Fan
06-09-2008, 08:06 AM
I've been golfing for 20+ years, and if I kept every club I'd found, I would have dozens of clubs.

Drivers. People take a 1 and 3 to the tee. Use one, toss the other to the side and forget it after they tee off. I've found several drivers, though they are rare finds compared to short irons, wedges and putters.

PW, SW and putters are the most common to find. Usually around the greens obviously as people have a couple clubs out very often at the same time.

But I've never kept one. Never even thought about keeping one. I've got my own damn set. Oh, and I've left my fair share of clubs. And lost some. And most of the clubs I find are right, and I shoot left. But anyhow, here's what I've learned:

PUBLIC COURSES tend to have a lot more losers on them. Younger kids goofing off. If these folks find your clubs, yeah, good chance it's not coming back. Because it was tossed into the water, over a fence, jumped on in the sand or put into someones bag to be pawned at a later date. All my clubs that I have lost that have never been returned were on PUBLIC COURSES!

SEMI-PRIVATE course your club is likely to be picked up and turned in to the club house. Usually a member is with the guest or even if it is all guests they're probably playing a more expensive course and aren't the kind of folks who would get a big kick out of seeing you lose your clubs. You'll either have your club returned to you or if you go back a group or two, someone will have it in their bag waiting to turn it in.

PRIVATE course. Your club will be picked up by a group or marshall. If you wait until the end of your round, you can probably go to the pro shop, or cart return boys, clubs storage, etc, and find that your club is not only there, but it has been cleaned as well. This is assuming the marshall or group who picked it up doesn't find you and give you your club before you finish your round.

ExtraSlow
06-09-2008, 08:07 AM
The sand wedge is a hot ticket, since that's the club most often left behind.
I left one somewhere on elbow springs last year, when I called the next day, the clubhouse told me that they never get turned in.

PINOY-X
06-09-2008, 08:13 AM
omg! lets call the cops

rc2002
06-09-2008, 09:30 AM
OP, try calling the clubhouse again - there's a good chance it might've been turned in later. It depends on which club you left behind - if it's part of your iron set then I'd say you have a better chance at getting it back than if it's a wedge or a wood.

As for myself, if I leave a club behind on any course (public or private), I'd expect not to get it back. That's just how people are, especially nowadays.

If someone turned it in, then I'd consider it good luck on my part.

Pacman
06-09-2008, 10:05 AM
I once left an old Ping Eye 2 BeCu SW (very desirable and expensive club) at Fox Hollow.....and it was returned to the clubhouse. So, it might be worth giving the clubhouse a call.

1-Bar
06-09-2008, 10:18 AM
just a tip: every time I'm around the green chipping on, I carry whatever club + putter, when I'm on the green, I lay all those extra clubs on the flag so I don't forget to bag them when the hole is done.....haven't forgotten a club since.

krazykhoja
06-09-2008, 12:11 PM
I will call back again today...

And there was nobody else on the course because of the rain...I played a 2nd round and nobody was on the course...

I was in the clubhouse paying for the 2nd round when the group behind came in to drop off rental clubs...didn't realize the club was missing till I started the 2nd round so couldn't ask the group...but I checked every hole and found nothing...even asked the lady in the clubhouse but nothing was returned...

It sucks I lost it...and I know its my fault for leaving it...but I wish they had returned it...I've returned lots but I guess it happens...I'm not going to start keeping clubs I find b/c of this jsut going to be more careful...

B/c they saw me in the clubhouse they could ahve asked if we left a club behind but didn't...thats why I say dishonesty...I'll call and hopefully its been returned but won't hold my breath...as ppl have said since its a SW its most likely gone...but seeing as how nobody else was on the course...I don't know how anybody else could've picked it up...

To EK: well if they did take it...which im not 100% positive but seeing as how nobody else was on the course behind them...and nobody else was on the course at all...I don't see how anybody else could have taken it...I looked all over the course and didn't find it...but if they did take it...maybe karma doesn't get me my SW but gets them somehow...not holding much hope for that either tho...

guess lesson learned tho: I will be more careful from now on...and won't leave a club on the course again...

just called in and it hasn't been turned it...

slick2404
06-09-2008, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by PINOY-X
omg! lets call the cops

:rofl: