PDA

View Full Version : Cadillac Escalade EXT

Masked Bandit
06-09-2008, 09:42 AM
Does anyone have any ownership experience with this truck? I'm looking at the 2006 and earlier versions. What's it like to actually live with this vehicle?

03ozwhip
06-09-2008, 10:18 AM
if you can "live" with paying for gas its great, however plan on spending more than 150 a week on gas.

Ferio_vti
06-09-2008, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip
if you can "live" with paying for gas its great, however plan on spending more than 150 a week on gas.

That said, you can probably get any used SUV at a steal now since the market for them has practically cheap

Stunt66
06-09-2008, 10:51 AM
If you do decide to get one make sure it's from the states. There are probably tons for sale since the new body came out. It might be a hassle but i'll bet there will be a 10k price difference between a canadian one and a us model.

Redlyne_mr2
06-09-2008, 11:00 AM
theyre garbage.. so many better choices out there.

Masked Bandit
06-09-2008, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Well I am open to suggestion. It must have seating for four ADULTS (or two adults and three kids) and a truck box.

I had it narrowed down to the Avalanche or Escalade. The Avalanche can obviously be had for a better price but the Escalade drives much nicer.

Redlyne_mr2
06-09-2008, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit

Well I am open to suggestion. It must have seating for four ADULTS (or two adults and three kids) and a truck box.

I had it narrowed down to the Avalanche or Escalade. The Avalanche can obviously be had for a better price but the Escalade drives much nicer.
If that's the case then yes, I can see where you're coming from. There isn't anything out there with as much space as an extended Escalade. The expedition is an option as well.

Masked Bandit
06-09-2008, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip

That depends on how many km's a week / month / year it's driven. I only run about 10,000 a year so it's not that bad. I already drive a small truck and the difference is only about 5 L per 100 km.

That's an extra 500 L of fuel per year @ $1.50/Litre = phuck all in the big picture of things.

blownz
06-09-2008, 01:44 PM
^ he said truck box, he isn't looking for an suv...

Masked Bandit
06-09-2008, 01:46 PM

If that's the case then yes, I can see where you're coming from. There isn't anything out there with as much space as an extended Escalade. The expedition is an option as well.

No truck box.....the Escalade EXT is the Caddy version of the Avalanche.

The only thing Ford has is the Explorer Sport-Trac and that sure won't be happening.

Masked Bandit
06-09-2008, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by blownz
^ he said truck box, he isn't looking for an suv...

Beat me to it.

benyl
06-09-2008, 01:51 PM
Any of the new trucks with 4 doors have a box.

The only other "truck" is the Honda.

Personally, I would get Tundra with 4 doors.

Masked Bandit
06-09-2008, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by benyl
Any of the new trucks with 4 doors have a box.

The only other "truck" is the Honda.

Personally, I would get Tundra with 4 doors.

Ya....there is that. I'm just not a great big fan of the crew cab trucks (any make). I don't know what it is but they don't really turn my crank.

The Ridgeline is so damn fugly....it will never darken my driveway. The good news is that it should be up for a redesign in the next year or two.

The Cosworth
06-09-2008, 02:21 PM
i would prefer the Avalanche, having ridden in both I actually preferred sitting in the Avalanche.

Maybe I felt too 'baller' for a short white kid in the Caddi

delco21
06-09-2008, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit
Does anyone have any ownership experience with this truck? I'm looking at the 2006 and earlier versions. What's it like to actually live with this vehicle?

Living with it can be difficult day to day. She can get bitchy and nagg alot sometimes but when you ride her she screams for more. Just stay on her good side you know. :rofl:

Masked Bandit
06-09-2008, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by The Cosworth
i would prefer the Avalanche, having ridden in both I actually preferred sitting in the Avalanche.

Maybe I felt too 'baller' for a short white kid in the Caddi

That's actually one of the negatives on the Escalade. I'm not trying to look like some "baller" (because I am far from it), it's just a damn nice truck to drive.

The '07 & newer Avalanches are closer than the '06 and back but even in the LTZ trim (top line), they still don't ride quite as nice as the Caddy.

Mitsu3000gt
06-09-2008, 02:40 PM

X2. The Escalade/EXT is definitely one of the largest ripoffs currently available, and one of the highest markup vehicles available (i.e. costs the least to build).

I would go for a Toyota Tundra Quad Cab. Also have a look at the Nissan Titan Quad Cab. Awesome motors in both vehicles. We use a Nissan Armada to tow our boat (same motor/platform as the Titan) and we are extremely happy with it reliability wise and power wise.

If your really against trucks, then I guess it's either Avalanche or EXT, unfortunately. Buy at least a few years old I guess or you are really going to be grabbing your ankles when it comes time to sell it. When I rode in one I was not impressed in the least, it's built about as well as a Cavalier in my personal opinion.