PDA

View Full Version : And the award for most redneck city in Canada award goes to...

Super_Geo
06-09-2008, 12:56 PM
(drumroll..........)

Calgary!

Calgary leads country in hate crime rate (http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/news/story.html?id=8376375f-5fa1-4384-9bcf-686fcc394af2)

avishal26
06-09-2008, 01:02 PM
:rofl: Not surprised really...

Eleanor
06-09-2008, 01:04 PM
:eek: water is wet

finboy
06-09-2008, 01:21 PM
well that's no surprise, calgary also has the highest rate for spousal abuse. white collar white trash.

rmk
06-09-2008, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Eleanor
:eek: water is wet

The sky is blue!

Shocking

Ben
06-09-2008, 01:28 PM
Curious, if a *insert visible minority here* beats on a Honkey, is that a hate crime? Or is it only when a Honkey beats on a *insert visible minority here*

Just seems to be a lot of the violent crimes Ive seen in the news have involved *insert visible minority here* on *insert visible minority here* scenarios.

Eleanor
06-09-2008, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Ben
Curious, if a *insert visible minority here* beats on a Honkey, is that a hate crime? Or is it only when a Honkey beats on a *insert visible minority here*

Just seems to be a lot of the violent crimes Ive seen in the news have involved *insert visible minority here* on *insert visible minority here* scenarios.

Racist! :nut:

analbumcover
06-09-2008, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Ben

come on man, fill in the blanks, its not like it aint true

Rstar
06-09-2008, 01:33 PM
werd. When you read about gang violence in Calgary its very rare that you ever read about the Hells Angels or other bikers.

I guess they dont get caught as often??

black13
06-09-2008, 01:34 PM
If this is the worst it gets in Canada then I love this country.

blownz
06-09-2008, 03:40 PM
I heard this on the radio in Edmonton and they actually mentioned that the reason Calgary is number 1 is due to hate crimes against the gay community being about 10 times the average of the rest of Canada.

I actually applaud Calgary. :clap: :D

finboy
06-09-2008, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by finboy
white collar white trash.

Originally posted by blownz
they actually mentioned that the reason Calgary is number 1 is due to hate crimes against the gay community being about 10 times the average of the rest of Canada.

ladies and gentlemen, exhibit A

i'm waiting for $500 lunch to show up for exhibit B

DayGlow
06-09-2008, 04:02 PM
Calgary is also one of the few cities that has a dedicated unit for hate crimes. The real question here is the crime rate or the reporting rate the highest?

spikerS
06-09-2008, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by DayGlow
Calgary is also one of the few cities that has a dedicated unit for hate crimes. The real question here is the crime rate or the reporting rate the highest?

I think it is the latter.

blownz
06-09-2008, 04:49 PM

ladies and gentlemen, exhibit A

i'm waiting for $500 lunch to show up for exhibit B

Wow, you have to have to learn to take a joke.

:D <- this guy means my comment wasn't meant to be taken seriously. :thumbsup:

Super_Geo
06-09-2008, 04:51 PM

Why? Cause we have more hicks than Edmonton does?

badatusrnames
06-09-2008, 08:27 PM

Good perspective... there's a semantics thing here too.

For example, if a majority beats on a visible minority, is it automatically assumed to be a hate crime, or do they dig deeper to see what the actual cause of the altercation was?

I've had plenty of disagreements with people that aren't the same race as I am... but those disagreements certainly weren't racially motivated.

BerserkerCatSplat
06-09-2008, 08:44 PM

Wow, you have to have to learn to take a joke.

:D &lt;- this guy means my comment wasn't meant to be taken seriously. :thumbsup:

If that was a joke, your timing and delivery are fucking terrible.

Eleanor
06-09-2008, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

If that was a joke, your timing and delivery are fucking terrible.

:werd: I definitely didn't see that as a joke at all.

This one I did though:

HcsUXjeuTmU

jay42w8
06-09-2008, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Rstar
werd. When you read about gang violence in Calgary its very rare that you ever read about the Hells Angels or other bikers.

I guess they dont get caught as often??

That's because there aren't that many white gangsters in Calgary, they're too busy killing/beating their wives and kids...

ZorroAMG
06-09-2008, 11:42 PM
It wasn't a joke, it was blownz showing who he really is, not receiving the response he thought he would, then backpedaling his ignorant ass back to his trailer.

JRSC00LUDE
06-09-2008, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Eleanor

Raciest! :nut:

Fixed, learn to spell. :)

szw
06-09-2008, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Ben
Or is it only when a Honkey beats on a *insert visible minority here*

The study here: http://www.statcan.ca/Daily/English/080609/d080609a.htm

Whitey is fairly represented as a victim it seems. More victimized than aboriginals and mixies.

The study does state that methods of reporting and determining root cause of crimes may affect the results.

01RedDX
06-10-2008, 12:00 AM

g-m
06-10-2008, 12:32 AM
i swear to god i havent seen a black person in at least 6 weeks and counting

Jlude
06-10-2008, 12:48 AM
cold water's not hot... had to

Donmega
06-10-2008, 01:11 AM
http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/507/hahahauv1.jpghttp://www.democraticunderground.com/top10/06/268_nelson1.gif

msommers
06-10-2008, 02:12 AM

We were talking about this at our dinner table tonight. The news was talking about swastikas which raises an interesting point. If for example, some moron paints 10 garages in a line with swastikas, is this 10 reported incidents or 1? Would RCMP or CPS handle/count this differently? Do Calgarians just report more crimes than other cities? All possibilities to consider I suppose but I wasn't remotely surprised when I first heard this. Isn't Canada supposed to be the more diverse country on the planet? I wonder why some people still cannot accept different ways of life.

DayGlow
06-10-2008, 07:31 AM
actually that is a good point. Each victim would generate their own file number and it would be a stat of 10 individual files, so the one incident would be reported as 10 in the database.

szw
06-10-2008, 07:56 AM
if you're really interested you can probably find the answer somewhere in here (http://www.statcan.ca/cgi-bin/imdb/p2SV.pl?Function=getSurvey&SDDS=3302&lang=en&db=IMDB&dbg=f&adm=8&dis=2)

Gainsbarre
06-10-2008, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by 01RedDX
Did you know that Calgary is the whitest city of over 1 million in North America? True story.

Really? Not too surprised, although I figured that Montreal would be pretty close -- I think both Montreal and Calgary are at least 80% white (or should I say, non visible minority).

Actually, I found this -- it puts Calgary at about 22% visible minority and Montreal at about 16%.

http://www12.statcan.ca/english/census06/data/highlights/ethnic/pages/Page.cfm?Lang=E&Geo=CMA&Code=01&Table=1&Data=Count&StartRec=1&Sort=11&Display=Page&CSDFilter=5000

It's 2006 data though...still minute proportions when compared to Toronto and Vancouver.

blownz
06-10-2008, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
It wasn't a joke, it was blownz showing who he really is, not receiving the response he thought he would, then backpedaling his ignorant ass back to his trailer.

Well if it makes you fell better to think that then go ahead. I use that smilie a lot at the end of posts that are of a joking tone. Sure it may not have been in good taste, but still, once again you need to relax. You get so worked up there on that high pedestal you stand on. :thumbsup:

Toms-SC
06-10-2008, 11:16 AM
"Young people aged 12 to 17 were more likely than older age groups to be accused of hate crimes."

My nigga

rmk
06-10-2008, 12:38 PM
once again you need to relax. You get so worked up there on that high pedestal you stand on. :thumbsup:

:rofl:

finboy
06-10-2008, 01:04 PM

Well if it makes you fell better to think that then go ahead. I use that smilie a lot at the end of posts that are of a joking tone. Sure it may not have been in good taste, but still, once again you need to relax. You get so worked up there on that high pedestal you stand on. :thumbsup:

yea, he doesn't even own a 3 series, how dare he speak down to you

The_Rural_Juror
06-10-2008, 01:09 PM

finboy
06-10-2008, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by The_Rural_Juror

Wait. I thought a G35 is the standard nowadays.:dunno:
same pile ;)

blownz
06-10-2008, 02:09 PM

yea, he doesn't even own a 3 series, how dare he speak down to you

Car has nothing to do with a post on the site. What he drives or I drive makes no difference. Some people... :dunno:

DonJuan
06-11-2008, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by g-m
i swear to god i havent seen a black person in at least 6 weeks and counting

maybe that might change if you didn't suffer from agoraphobia :D

Rstar
06-11-2008, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by jay42w8

That's because there aren't that many white gangsters in Calgary, they're too busy killing/beating their wives and kids...

Cause beating your wife/kids is a full-time affair...

The killing part of the statement is even more brutal since its so soon and because the murder/suiside last September in Victoria was an asian family.

g-m
06-11-2008, 11:57 PM
the whole point of that post was the murder/suicide reference
jesus some of you seriously need to grow thicker skins, nothing in this thread should offend anyone

and hey man i go out all the time they're just hiding or something!
low calgary population would be my guess