PDA

View Full Version : Seinfeld show well worth it!

James
08-25-2003, 01:32 AM
Just got home from seeing Seinfeld tonight, awesome show! :thumbsup:..just as funny as i expected, only downside was that i had seen about 1/3 the material already from when he did the tonight show around a month ago, still funny the 2nd time though!., had a few funny jokes about Calgary, even wore a cowboy hat when he came out for the encore, he looked retarded :rofl:, the warmup act was great too.....on a side note relating to cars, i felt so out of place when i was leaving the parking lot! ...i swear i had the ONLY car made before '95!, like half the cars were mercedes, BMW, Audi etc.., just a bunch of PIMP old guys cars!

B17a
08-25-2003, 07:40 AM
:werd: Well worth the $125! The guy is amazing, he's just so smooth! I went to the Saturday 9:30pm show, nice silver Ferrari in the parking lot that night!

rage2
08-25-2003, 09:40 AM
hehe yea, both my wife and I both noticed a lot of old material... seen a lot of it on the tonight show as well as his standup special on HBO. I was at the 6:30pm Sunday show.

Well worth it. As for the cars in the lot, there were tons of SUV's. I parked right by the exit of the parkade, and there were at least 4 escalades that SUV'd over the curbs to get a quicker exit right beside me :).

the-240sx-guy
08-25-2003, 10:13 AM
i thought the first 10-15mins or so was not that funny, but it still got laughs cuz hes seinfeld

i guess i went in there with huge expectations, i mean it was still funny, but not as funny as i would expect out of seinfeld.

his jokes are very clever, and peiced together in a very exacting way.

i only spent 90 bucks on my tickets, and got stuck up in the nose bleeds, wish i would have spent more and sat up close. but overall, money well spent to see a great entertainer

rage2
08-25-2003, 10:48 AM
I was telling everyone not to expect a super hilarious show. Seinfeld has always been weak in the stand up area, the humor is totally different than his sitcom. His current stand up show is made up of all new material (as of 3 yrs ago anyways), and it's progressed a lot better than what it was 3 years ago.

hjr
08-25-2003, 02:37 PM
i have the old seinfeld standup CD from like 5 years ago. That was freakin funny. If it was anything like that the show was worth it.

Akagi Redsuns
08-25-2003, 02:40 PM
Yeah I have the DVD version of that too. It's called "I'm telling you for the last time", some HBO special where he retires his old jokes and material and telling them for the last time. Pretty funny stuff.