PDA

View Full Version : ATTN Idiots taking photos on the tracks at lunch

Go4Long
06-09-2008, 04:30 PM
I know the 4 sets of tracks through downtown are SOOO tempting to take pictures on guys, seriously. But next time it might be smarter to not do it within plain sight of the CP Rail head office building(you know, the one with the great big steam engine out front.) do it down by staples and you probably wouldn't have had the railway police and CPS coming down the tracks at you.

Thanks for the lunch hour entertainment though, we had a good laugh watchin our CP Police guy trudgin down the tracks.

The Cosworth
06-09-2008, 04:31 PM
what were they taking pictures of?

Go4Long
06-09-2008, 04:37 PM
one guy was just strikin poses on and around the rails while the other guy took photos, they were out there for quite a while...Railway police waited for CPS to show up, then headed out there and they were still out there right over top of 5th St...then they made their getaway in a dodge minivan that was parked at the boots store :poosie:

-QA-
06-09-2008, 04:41 PM
i had no idea takin photos on the tracks was illegal? interesting

Go4Long
06-09-2008, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by -QA-
i had no idea takin photos on the tracks was illegal? interesting

you mean the fences going down both sides of the track everywhere didn't tip you off? the entire right of way is CP Rail property from fence to fence...so yes...being on the tracks is illegal, taking photos on the tracks is silly, but hey, I'm sure it makes for a nice photo, doing it within sight of Gulf canada square, that's just plain stupid.

BerserkerCatSplat
06-09-2008, 05:04 PM
Depends on where you are. I've taken pics with other photographers at the tracks, we just wandered down from the old brewery until we got to the switching yard and then we went into the maintenance area as well. Everybody there was cool and then we went on our way.

Maybe we just looked pro. :rofl:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a318/CatSplat/37f66d92.jpg

Bukka
06-09-2008, 05:13 PM
I've taken photos down at the train yards too.
everytime I was stopped I was told to just stay clear of the moving trains.

Go4Long
06-09-2008, 05:20 PM
the yards would actually be a safer place to do it than the tracks out there...in the yard you can't exceed 15mph and you are looking out for other trains and what not...on the track out where they were trains are doing closer to 40 mph...meaning it'll take em a long ass time to stop if you happen to trip on the tracks or something...

just my 0.02...like i said, I'm sure it made a good photo, but it would have been much smarter to do it further down.