PDA

View Full Version : Looking for summer and beyond employment...

ekguy
06-09-2008, 05:54 PM
Well I applied here and there without any success....Well only applied at one place really haha. But I am looking for a decent summer job where I could stay on part time during college next semester. If anyone knows of anything from Chaparal up to Chinook as long as it's walkable from C-train station then it would be ok. I'm looking for pretty much anything but would prefer serving in a restaurant. This is not a asking for a job thread. But more of did anyone hear of anything available so I can cut down on looking time and go straight to jobs that are actually hiring. I would also consider light labor jobs as well.

ekguy
06-09-2008, 06:45 PM
I'm talking about pretty much anything. Someone must know something. Monster is useless until I'm done college and even then I'm going to find my own gig. But right now I just need a quick job for the summer.

scortracer
06-10-2008, 08:18 AM
you fail at life theres like 300 resturants between chap and chinook go in and apply

ekguy
06-10-2008, 12:49 PM
i have gone to some and some aren't even hiring. Versus wasting my time walking to each one I was asking if people knew if any were hiring. A lot of people who quit East Side's at the same time as me have been having no luck since most places say they have a full staff...The only place I know of I could get in is Montana's but it's past Mackenzie Town and have no clue how to get there or back with no car.

bobby_lu
06-11-2008, 11:59 AM
If you want to work for beyond just send rage your resume.

b18cr
06-11-2008, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by bobby_lu
If you want to work for beyond just send rage your resume.

what exactly do you do?

sputnik
06-11-2008, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by b18cr

what exactly do you do?

He confuses dense people.

Tik-Tok
06-11-2008, 12:06 PM

what exactly do you do?

You make sarcastic comments about people's thread title's
"Looking for ....... beyond employment"

Pay is really shitty though, I think you end up owing Rage money in the end.

ekguy
06-11-2008, 01:19 PM
hahahah well i'd be more than happy to contribute to beyond but I can't end up owing money to rage2 haha. I don't have money to owe haha. Either way I'm going out to look today have a pile of resumes ready. If anyone has any suggestions for places to apply in the shawnessy area shoot me off a pm or post in here.

bobby_lu
06-11-2008, 02:27 PM

what exactly do you do?

Sanitation Engineer

Super_Geo
06-11-2008, 02:48 PM
Go work pipeline construction as a labourer... you don't need prior experience, just the ability to work a shovel. You don't even have to leave town, there are plenty of construction companies that do work locally.

I worked was a labourer/pipefitter's assistant/swamper for a summer... easy as shit, leaves you exhausted, long days, big paycheques, etc etc. Easily had enough at the end of summer to cover $8k for tuition.

ekguy
06-12-2008, 04:27 PM
thanks for the suggestions guy I got a job. Applied at 2 places the second one hired me on the spot. Doing what like which is serving and eventually bartending. Looks like I got my job for my next 2 semesters at SAIT.

shirshamshir
06-12-2008, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Super_Geo
Go work pipeline construction as a labourer... you don't need prior experience, just the ability to work a shovel. You don't even have to leave town, there are plenty of construction companies that do work locally.

I worked was a labourer/pipefitter's assistant/swamper for a summer... easy as shit, leaves you exhausted, long days, big paycheques, etc etc. Easily had enough at the end of summer to cover $8k for tuition.

any names to begin with?
seems interesting
and how much pay?

4lti7ude
06-12-2008, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by ekguy
thanks for the suggestions guy I got a job. Applied at 2 places the second one hired me on the spot. Doing what like which is serving and eventually bartending. Looks like I got my job for my next 2 semesters at SAIT.
Im interested too!!