PDA

View Full Version : Cactus Club Cafe: review

ekguy
06-10-2008, 05:47 PM
- Macloud trail
- Food rating 5/5
- Ambience 4/5
- Service 3/5

Went for my birthday with family and girlfriend. They brought my appetizer after my main course after being asked if it was coming 3 or 4 times, forgot my dad's vegetables with his wings (which took a long ass time because they were all frozen), forgot our drinks a couple times. My cajun chicken fajitas were amazing as were my drinks.

My girlfriend had the Teryaki Chicken bowl and it was also very good.

Music was too loud for a sunday afternoon. All in all restaurant was nice, bathroom was ok even though it was voted swankiest bathroom by FastFWD magazine. But taking longer for yam fries than a fajita dish is un-acceptable. Forgetting drinks for a table of 10 is definitely something you don't do.

All in all wasn't a bad experience. Won't go back but would still tell people to go for a decent date.

dj_rice
06-10-2008, 07:43 PM
Food rating 5/5....wow thats pretty high

riced
06-10-2008, 07:45 PM
It's a nice place. The servers I've had each time I went there seemed pissed off or too stuck up to serve anybody.
The food is definitely great though, the gf loves it there and the bathroom is toooooo crazy, I love it.

badatusrnames
06-10-2008, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by ekguy

- Service 3/5

Went for my birthday with family and girlfriend. They brought my appetizer after my main course after being asked if it was coming 3 or 4 times, forgot my dad's vegetables with his wings (which took a long ass time because they were all frozen), forgot our drinks a couple times. My cajun chicken fajitas were amazing as were my drinks.

All that clueless service and they still get a passing grade? Was the rest you didn't mention outstanding?

Originally posted by dj_rice
Food rating 5/5....wow thats pretty high

:werd:

5/5 would be food that you could have at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Bulli

or

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fat_Duck

copynpaste
06-10-2008, 07:50 PM
Barlow one is much better.

Toms-SC
06-10-2008, 07:53 PM
I love the food there

mazdavirgin
06-10-2008, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Toms-SC
I love the food there

We all know you go there for the food... :)

ekguy
06-10-2008, 09:06 PM
yeah the food was great. Like has been said the service is somewhat stuck up. The hostesses seemed soooo bitchy. Our server was hot, and nice, but so clueless as to how to properly serve a table. I am hoping to have another serving job within the week since I find it so easy to make good tips in this city.

TeamBestBud
06-11-2008, 12:14 AM
Cactus Club on Barlow is kick ass. Always get awesome service there and the four mushroom sirloin is fucking awesome:drool:

bobby_lu
06-11-2008, 07:52 AM
Creole Steak/Blackened Chicken ftw

spyce
06-11-2008, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by bobby_lu
Creaole Steak/Blackened Chicken ftw

Hahaa yes!!!
Thats all I ever get when I go there :drool:

LadyLuck
06-11-2008, 08:44 AM
I usually go to the Barlow one
i love their Bellinis!!!:drool:

Super_Geo
06-11-2008, 08:51 AM
The Barlow location is a fucking talent factory! Do some stretches before hand boys, don't want to walk out with a sore neck ;) It's one of my favorite lunch spots in the NE. They have great calamari, their steaks are quite good for a non-steakhouse place. Oh, and did I mention the service staff is :eek: Almost on par with Belgo.

If I didn't want to spend $500 on lunch, this would be the next best spot!

gpomp
06-11-2008, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Super_Geo
If I didn't want to spend $500 on lunch why not? are you broke or something? :rofl:

Thaco
06-11-2008, 09:48 AM
I've been to the NE one 3-4 times, i always find everything to be great, food is usually very good, service is fine, "scenery" is very nice, i was actually surprised a couple of the times they had someone holding the door for people as they entered/exited... and the prices aren't completely unreasonable considering the quality.

3g4u
06-11-2008, 10:23 AM
I have never had anything but the teriyaki rice bowl there.:drool: So good.

Stunt66
06-11-2008, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by gpomp
why not? are you broke or something? :rofl:

He's obviously a broke ass student if he's eating there.

Cactus on barlow is definately a good place to chill at. Good service and hot chicks is a win win situation.

Hey Thaco what the hell is with that shit underneath your name? is that true?

Thaco
06-11-2008, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Stunt66

Cactus on barlow is definately a good place to chill at. Good service and hot chicks is a win win situation.

Why, you interested?

It's just Rage fucking with me... i'll pull up the thread.

I put it in my Sig so people don't have to ask anymore :p

analbumcover
06-11-2008, 11:05 AM
i love macloud trail!

macloud trail is my favarite

all you do is cry about the service but then say overall it was a decent experience? LOL

i dont know who has more confusion issues. YOU or YOUR stupid ass webchat girlfriend...

rmk
06-11-2008, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Stunt66

Dumbass :rofl:

dj_rice
06-11-2008, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Thaco

Why, you interested?

It's just Rage fucking with me... i'll pull up the thread.

I put it in my Sig so people don't have to ask anymore :p

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: