PDA

View Full Version : Iron Horse Sunday Opinions

Renagades
06-10-2008, 07:30 PM
It's that time of year again. Time to roll out the wheels and get riding. But wait.. my POS stinky just crapped out again. Anyways i have been looking for a new bike for awhile now and have come across an oddity. So far Iron Horse has not been a great bike name but now that Sam Hill has been wrecking the competition on a Sunday I got to wondering. Is it worth buying a bike from SPORTCHECK (only canadian seller) that is reletivly untested a good thing? Another con is they do not carry it in stock so there is no way of test riding one before a purchase, thats a problem. Whats the general opinion on the Sunday?

Spoons
06-10-2008, 09:11 PM
Buddy has one for sale, really good shape, and some upgraded parts.

He liked it, but you still want to move up. I rode one for a few years when I was still biking, decent, but personally I would just spend some more money for something better.

Renagades
06-10-2008, 09:36 PM
What modle year and trim level is his and what did you find was wrong with the bike. What else would you recomend (and nothing ridicoulous like a v-10 i'm not that rich). I am looking for a race bike that is as light as possible.

Spoons
06-10-2008, 10:29 PM
Its a 2006 with a race kit.
Selling it for 2800. I didn't like mine because I grew out of it to fast, as in skill. But I have rode his before with the race kit and it felt more in my skill level.

Renagades
06-10-2008, 11:11 PM
I'm more concerned with the frame than the kit because because if its as light as they claim (39lbs) for the WC then i'm going to be breaking small stuff often. What fork and shock combo does your buddies have?

bashir26
06-11-2008, 12:24 AM
I thought you meant Iron Horse as in the bar in edmonton lolz . shit bar by the way

Spoons
06-11-2008, 06:58 PM
Boxxer teams and progressive 5th

http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/327594/

Renagades
06-11-2008, 08:12 PM
haha yea i aws looking at it yesterday actually but the 16 inch frame might be a problem. I'm 6'4" and need a little larger frame. I was mainly looking for opinions anyway. Thanks for the offer though.