PDA

View Full Version : Missing plastic underside of car.

MikeAg
06-11-2008, 09:20 AM
I was driving on 16th one day and I was hearing this scratching noise from under my car on the road, so I pulled over thinking something was dragging from my car and I noticed the plastic cover under my car a bit ripped off. I just ignored it and a few days later it ripped more and became a bigger piece of plastic, so on my next oil change I told them to rip it off because it was annoying. They said to replace this chunk of plastic missing from the left underside of my car would cost $80 and I didn't bother. Now I'm wondering if this missing piece would affect my car since there have been large puddles on the road.

Tomaz
06-11-2008, 09:27 AM
it really depends if it would be putting large amounts of water onto parts suchs as alternator, or if you have a cold air intake. other than that water wont be affecting your car too much. That plastic plate, however, would be protecting exposed parts from debis on the road, or light chances you bottom out on speedbumps or potholes.

Personally i would get another one, mostly casue my oil filter is right at a spot where i somhow picked up a rock and punctured it. (That was messy). Depending on the car, some manufactures make steel or aluminum skid plate to replace factory plastic ones.

gretz
06-11-2008, 09:49 AM
"if it falls off, it wasnt meant to be" Ron Jeremy