PDA

View Full Version : collision confusion

hustler
06-11-2008, 09:53 AM
Well here is how the story goes…I got rear ended after the calgary flames playoff loss in downtown and went through the usual procedure of exchanging information etc…I kept in touch with the other party involved just to let him know what was going on…I got three quotes and let him know approx. what the expense would be he said that most likely he would like to not go through his insurance as the damage was only about $500…now it seems he is stalling when I spoke to him and more recently it seems he is avoiding my calls and is impossible to get a hold of….what can I do? I feel like my hands are tied and I will never see this money :confused:

GQBalla
06-11-2008, 09:56 AM
leave a message saying that if he doesn't reach within x number of days you will either report this to insurance and let insurance deal with it.

thus screwing him over because your making his isurance rates higher

japan_us
06-11-2008, 09:57 AM
First of all, you already did too much for the guy by getting three quotes. He's the one at fault, so why are you running around wasting your time trying to make life easier for him???? Go with the shop that's going to do the best job, and if he doesn't like it, tough - maybe next time he'll keep a safe distance from the car in front of him.
Just leave him a message and tell him that if you don't hear back from him within 24hrs, you're going to go through his insurance company.

Masked Bandit
06-11-2008, 10:01 AM
Assuming you still have his insurance information, call him and tell him that if he doesn't take care of this right away, you'll just call his insurance company.

If you need a phone number, just let me know the name of his company and I'll see what I can find for you.

hustler
06-11-2008, 10:05 AM
ok thanks guys this is a good start...unfortunatley he doesn't have voicemail so I won't be able to leave him a message...is there any way he can screw me now? I guess could he pretend it didnt happen?

Thaco
06-11-2008, 10:09 AM
did you file a police report?

that'd be your first step, then they'll contact him for his side, then he'll know you're serious, if he still ignores you after that, got to insurance.

You're trying to do him a favor and he obviously does not appreciate it, so fuck him

japan_us
06-11-2008, 10:09 AM
If he trys to pretend it didn't happen, then ask him how the heck you have all of his info.

He won't be able to pretend it didn't happen.

Tik-Tok
06-11-2008, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by hustler
what can I do? I feel like my hands are tied and I will never see this money :confused:

Just call his insurance directly... he had his chance, he blew it. Or even better, call your insurance company to deal with it, it's what you pay them for.

Ferio_vti
06-11-2008, 10:35 AM
Screw him, just like he did with you. Like everyone else said, just go thru and let insurance deal with it.

rmk
06-11-2008, 03:11 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but if there was no police report filed, is it not a "he said, she said" thing and nothing can be done? Especially, if this happened back in April-ish?

I wouldn't warn him about your next move at all. Continue the process and let him find out the hard way. No room here to be a nice guy.

japan_us
06-11-2008, 03:44 PM
If the offender denies the incident, how will he or she explain how the OP managed to get all of his or her insurance info?

ralliart_girl
06-11-2008, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by rmk
Correct me if I am wrong, but if there was no police report filed, is it not a "he said, she said" thing and nothing can be done? Especially, if this happened back in April-ish?

Well, if the initial damages were only like $ 500, there is no need for a police report, they don't care unless it is over $ 1000 or there are injuries, or hit and run. Plus, rearend accidents are typically straight follow.

Originally posted by japan_us
If the offender denies the incident, how will he or she explain how the OP managed to get all of his or her insurance info?

Trust me, there are tons of people like that...that is why no one should ever walk away from an accident without the other's insurance info.

I agree with contacting his insurance...I think you have given him more than enough time to deal with it.

hustler
06-13-2008, 08:11 AM
thanks guys...i thought i would give him one more day and again no answer so now its insurance time!