PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Pioneer Premier Double Din

JRSC00LUDE
06-12-2008, 10:44 AM
Not real high end, but I don't really care too much about all the bells and whistles:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.ca/POCEN/Products/Car+Audio+Video/Source/CD+Receivers/FH-P800BT

Thoughts/Reviews?

teggypimp95
06-12-2008, 10:51 AM
Looks pretty sweet! nice and clean

JRSC00LUDE
06-12-2008, 10:55 AM
Alternatively, what would be a good choice for one that's also a DVD player?

Gondi Stylez
06-13-2008, 12:23 AM
the new f-series?!

97'Scort
06-13-2008, 12:54 AM
New F-Series stuff is supposed to be amazing. Buddy of mine went to CES and loved them. Not in Canada for at least another 3 weeks (already had customers looking for them).

The double DIN that you posted is damn good too.

A little FYI: on some DVD decks, like Clarion, Panasonic, Kenwood; all they need to bypass the 'safety' is to ground out the safety cable. Alpine decks need a bypass module that mimics the brakes.

Pioneer Nav/DVD units CANNOT be bypassed. The unit can tell when the car is in motion via the Nav unit, and will turn off the DVD display on the main unit (other screens will still work).

Dj_Stylz
06-13-2008, 07:01 AM
I just put the D3 in and i like it quite a bit...

Sorry 97'Scort but the Pioneer is very easy to bypass.

infected
06-13-2008, 08:18 AM
I as well bypassed my Pioneer unit faily easily, no problems at all.

dawson13
06-14-2008, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by 97'Scort
New F-Series stuff is supposed to be amazing. Buddy of mine went to CES and loved them. Not in Canada for at least another 3 weeks (already had customers looking for them).

The double DIN that you posted is damn good too.

A little FYI: on some DVD decks, like Clarion, Panasonic, Kenwood; all they need to bypass the 'safety' is to ground out the safety cable. Alpine decks need a bypass module that mimics the brakes.

Pioneer Nav/DVD units CANNOT be bypassed. The unit can tell when the car is in motion via the Nav unit, and will turn off the DVD display on the main unit (other screens will still work).

i also have a few looking for the f series

97'Scort
06-15-2008, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Dj_Stylz
I just put the D3 in and i like it quite a bit...

Sorry 97'Scort but the Pioneer is very easy to bypass.

Not the new models (already out in the US, not Canada), according to my Pioneer rep.

SCHIDER23
06-15-2008, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by 97'Scort

Not the new models (already out in the US, not Canada), according to my Pioneer rep.

I heard of this is because of the gyro sensors inside of the unit, but there is a way now to change this :)

BTW JRSCOOLude I was going to purchase the same unit for my pops car, since my uncle has the same unit and it sounds really nice, but it was a bit pricy for limited functions :(