PDA

View Full Version : golf clubs

s2k_boi
06-13-2008, 09:58 AM
Hey, need some insight / suggestions from some pro golfers here.

I am looking at the Taylor made r7's. but whats the huge difference between the regular r7's and the r7 draws?

Also I have a co-worker thats looking to get rid of his taylor made os2's for $300. Is this a good deal?

Or anything else I should be looking at or where to get the best deal? thx.

*edited* should mention these are iron sets.

1-Bar
06-13-2008, 10:03 AM
easy, r7 draws will draw the ball....more forgiving club for beginners....

IMO I wouldn't opt for it unless you don't want to progress your game. Try to hit a proper fade with that club and you'll be 0% successful.....kinda sux to have to buy new clubs as your game gets better.

ShOwOfF
06-13-2008, 10:55 AM
OS2's are beginner-intermediate clubs, and I'm pretty sure that I saw them at Golftown being blown out last year for $300 - $400 brand new. I'll agree with the above post in that the Draw clubs from Taylormade are not going to be good to you if you're looking to improve your game as time goes on.

If you are looking to actually play better I would pay the extra money and get the basic R7 irons or even the Burner irons.

ExtraSlow
06-13-2008, 11:16 AM
Pick up Golf magazine, I belive the current issue has the annual club reviews in it, and that will help you educate yourself on the different types of clubs availible.
I don't think irons will really "wear out" too fast, so a used set might be a good idea if you are just getting into it.

And, if you are going to be an occasional golfer, go ahead and get the draw clubs, or any other type of improvement clubs you can find. Golf is frustrating enough without using equipment designed for a better player than you are. If you find yourself playing twenty or fifty times a year, and you are getting your handicap down, you will have no problem buying a new set of sticks.