PDA

View Full Version : Close call with the Volks!

Ben
08-06-2002, 11:37 PM
Well, almost wrote off the VW tonight!

I'm cruising up 68th st NE to drop of a friend at her house...we were talking about people following too close and how I hape people who tailgate and stuff.

Speed limit was 60, I was doing 65 and following an old woman going identical speed, in a green SC2...there was no other cars on this section, no one beside us, no one behind, and we were approaching a stop light which was about a quarter mile away.

Out of nowhere I see her back end raise up, she had slamed on the brakes...and I slammed on mine, locking them up...came to a stop about 4 feet from her bumper. At this time I had yelled out my usuall "What the fuck!!!" out the window, as there was no car right in front of her, and nothing I could see on the road...we had been stopped for about 30 seconds and I was just about to get out of my car and check to see if this old bags pacemaker was still working when she pulled out and around 2 reflective road markers that had been placed on the road. Small ones, about the size of a 250mL juice box...

I just about lost it! She had the whole fucking road to her self, and half a mile to see them and at the last minute she slams on her brakes all of a sudden! I had no way of seeing that they were there as her car was in the field of view. I couldn't believe it! She could have gone left, right, or just driven over them! But no, she slammed on her brakes and I almost wasted her.

So me, I roar out of there, and catch up beside her, and oh to my surprise, there she was, YACKING ON HER FUCKING CELL PHONE with a big smile on her face, laughing. My friend fingered her...she was just about as angry as me.

So yeah, her and I found it amusing that not 15 seconds before that we had just finished a big talk about asshole drivers and how bad it is to tailgate...

That is a prime example to leave ample room...

max_boost
08-06-2002, 11:42 PM
I guess everything must have happened so fast. Glad everything is ok.

BarryBeach
08-07-2002, 12:06 AM
Benny, you shoulda Capped her, Done us all a favor J/K :D

James
08-07-2002, 01:41 AM
Shit, i hate close calls like that:thumbsdow just because people arn't paying attention, I had one last week on Blackfoot, this newer Camaro just decides to drift over in to my lane in the middle of an intersection,:madred: I had to slam on my brakes(which startled him, and he darted way back over into the next lane) and if i didnt react so fast he would have sent me into the light pole. Pretty sure he was drunk too, or just really afraid, because he took a sharp right into an area with no houses at all, and it was 1:30am. I was sooo pissed.:guns:

Ben
08-07-2002, 02:03 AM
Well what sucks worse is that It would have been my fault even though it was her stupidity!

James
08-07-2002, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by Benny
Well what sucks worse is that It would have been my fault even though it was her stupidity!

Yeah, thats true, retared but true, see in a case like that, with no witnesses you just kill the stupid bitch, and go home!:thumbsup:

OPGForce
08-07-2002, 10:25 AM
good thing nothing happend man.:thumbsup:

something stupid like this happend to my friend when he was turning left on a dual turning intersection. this old bag went right into his lane, and cut him off. when he got beside the "old bag", what do u know, biatch is on the "cell phone" yacking away. i roll down my window, and yell, "watch where the fuck ur driving u fucking old bag...ur fucking dead...:madred: :madred: :devil: ", she quickly sped away. i swear, fucking "old ppl" drive like shiet!

speedracer
08-07-2002, 10:29 AM
The driving here isn't as bad until you've had a taste of LA driving :rolleyes:

SoSlowDx
08-08-2002, 12:59 AM
:thumbsup: glad you're ok Benny

Dope Dealer
08-08-2002, 01:04 AM
Here is a personal story about road rage.

My dad and I were just coming back from a dealership where he bought his brand new car. We were on the way home on 16th ave when this young guy cuts off this other guy in a 4x4 Jeep. This guy is going absolutely ballistic, then I look at the guy who cut him off and his girlfriend rolls down the window and fingers him. Then we get to a stop light and she is still fingering him. This guy in the 4x4 jumps out of his car, runs to this guys vehicle and reaches into the guy's car and pulls out his keys and throws them in the ditch! (His window was rolled down). The guy walked calmly back to his car and sped off.

Then some other guys from across the street (Also in a car) got out and ran to the guy who cut the Jeep off and helped him look for his keys. Haha, funniest thing ever.