PDA

View Full Version : Avcr

Redlyne_jr
06-14-2008, 12:58 AM
alright i tried getting my avcr going tonight and i jsut cant get the darn thing to turn on.. from what i can see everything looks to be hooked up right and i connected my illumination to an ACC wire turn the key and i get nothing.... what am i doing wrong anyone got any tips?? where does the avcr get power from is that all obtained through ignition power or whats going on... i cant see any problems with my wiring i just cant get it to turn on.. at first i thought it was my illumination wire so i jumped it direct to battery and still nothing.. any tips... or what not..:dunno:

Redlyne_jr
06-14-2008, 12:59 AM
i guess my basic question is what is the aboslute necessary wires that i need to have hooked up to get it going?? is their some fail safe like if one wire doesnt have a very good connection the whole thing wont turn on..??

dj_rice
06-14-2008, 01:28 AM
Ground

jza71
06-14-2008, 08:35 AM
Why are you connecting the AVC-r to an illumination wire? all of your wiring connections should be made at the ECU. Do you have the vehicle specific wiring diagram for your car? And yes, grounding is very important on any of the Apex'i products. One wire has to be grounded closer to the ECU than the other or it won't work.

Redlyne_jr
06-14-2008, 08:48 AM
all of the grounds wires are made at the ecu excluding the illumination wire that i tapped into ACC so when i turn my car on it does aswell.. illumination is really just for the LED light and Audio i believe... as for the frounds i will look a little closer , i know when i cut the ecu ground wire i attached one ground to each cut half..

jza71
06-14-2008, 09:00 AM
The AVC-r does not require an illumination. The lights are on all the time. You should not have cut the ECU ground. You should have just attached the wires to the ground wire. ALL connections should be done at the ECU, no where else. You have not wired it properly, follow this link to get the vehicle specific wiring diagram:

http://www.apexi-usa.com/pdfWiring/8.pdf

you should be using the "T5-b" diagram. be sure to read the instructions thoroughly and follow them precisely.