PDA

View Full Version : cut out issue

The Cosworth
06-14-2008, 09:43 AM
so my speakers are cutting out and i dont understand why. I checked the ground on the deck and it is ok.

I have one speaker crackle on startup and then none of the speakers drive anything. However I do drive my sub so it sounds pretty funny.

Here is the kicker however, I have done basic checking on the wires to the door and behind the harness to no avail, however it is a gamble if the stereo is going to work. More often than not the stereo works perfectly (pounds hard too) with no hickups. Then randomly it will cut out again.

Also it ALWAYS happens on startup, it never cuts in and out once the deck is operating/not operating

I dont get it and it is really pissing me up :cry:

dj_rice
06-14-2008, 11:00 AM
Did you wire the deck yourself?And you said you checked the ground on the deck, but where on the cars frame did you ground it?Is your cars grounding system good

The Cosworth
06-14-2008, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by dj_rice
Did you wire the deck yourself?And you said you checked the ground on the deck, but where on the cars frame did you ground it?Is your cars grounding system good

yeah I wired it myself, used a harness converter. I grounded the deck to the frame that holds the dash pieces in place.

As for the grounding system. To be honest I just assume it is good, wouldnt expect otherwise out of a brand new car.

I am wondering if their is an intermittent fault on the front right speaker (the one that crackles) and it causes the deck to go into thermal overload.

dj_rice
06-14-2008, 11:29 AM
I know with my old 240sx, it had to be wired a special way since the stock speakers were factory amplified

06-14-2008, 11:47 AM
do you have the sun and sound package? ie: rockford fosgate factory amped system?

The Cosworth
06-14-2008, 12:32 PM
fixed it.

The front right speaker was grounding out on the chassis (the holes for the speakers are not circular, the are triangular) and the negative was terminating on it, sending the deck into thermal overload.

WOOT!

410440 no i dont have the RS package, it wasnt available yet when I bought my car.