PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Shaw HD Box (no PVR)...

crewchaud
06-14-2008, 03:33 PM
Good day folks,

Looking to see if there are any good deals out there as I am just switching to Shaw in the next week or so.

Keep in mind that the new Shaw HD/PVR box is available via Visions for $348 so please offer your price accordingly.

Thanks in advance,

tictactoe2004
06-14-2008, 04:23 PM
Soundsaround is $298 FYI.

crewchaud
06-14-2008, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by tictactoe2004
Soundsaround is $298 FYI.

Yes, for the HD only box new.

Basically what Im looking for is a used HD only box at a decent price.

If I was going to buy brand new then I would buy the HD PVR for $50 more.

If no decent priced "used" ones come up then I will just go buy the HD PVR for $350

Pihsiak
06-14-2008, 04:56 PM
where can you get the HD PVR for $350?
I'd like one.

last time I checked HD PVRs went for $598

SD PVRs are like 350 if that is what you mean

crewchaud
06-14-2008, 04:59 PM
Visions has in on for $350. It's a sale until Jun 25ht if Im not mistaken.

Its the newest HD PVR, not sure who manufactures this one because its not a Motorola.

A few other of my accounts that I deal with also have it on for the same price.

bluetek
06-14-2008, 05:00 PM
As per the Visions website:

SHAW HD PVR - 598.99

SHAW HD - 349.99

Not sure where you pulled those prices from.

Pihsiak
06-14-2008, 05:25 PM
The Pace Taho was on sale a while back... but they are in Non Digital Markets

like banff or Drumheller

but the sale is over and they are also back up to 598

crewchaud
06-14-2008, 05:44 PM
Ok, let me put it this way folks...

One of my accounts: Otto's Electric in Olds has it on for $348 (straight purchase, no contract) as per a price match they were doing against Visions. The price is good until June 25th

If anyone is interested, head down to Old's or shoot me some cash and I will gladly pick it up for you. I will be there on Tuesday doing a store visit and can have it in your hands on Wednesday evening.

Send me a pm if your interested.

Pihsiak
06-14-2008, 11:26 PM
Okay let's put it this way.

If you head to Olds (which is a non digital market) and come back with a new Motorola 3416 or 6416. Fine I'll give you 350 heck even 400 for it.

If you come back with a Pace branded HDPVR then you are fucked. B/c it WILL NOT in Calgary which is an ALL DIGITAL Market.

And if Visions is doing that price why not just buy it here?
Oh wait, because they are not selling for 350 at Visions

https://www2.visions.ca/catalogue/category/Details.aspx?categoryId=1413&productId=1414&menuId=''&parentId1=''&parentId2=''&parentId3=''&menuLevel=''

https://www2.visions.ca/catalogue/category/Details.aspx?categoryId=1413&productId=2397&menuId=''&parentId1=''&parentId2=''&parentId3=''&menuLevel=''

the only thing Visions have for 350 is the non PVR HD terminal
https://www2.visions.ca/catalogue/category/Details.aspx?categoryId=1413&productId=1413&menuId=[/url]''&parentId1=''&parentId2=''&parentId3=''&menuLevel=''

And how come this thread went from you looking for a HDPVR to you offering to buy one on someone's behalf after they give you money?

crewchaud
06-15-2008, 12:23 AM
Well if you back track in the thead there was a post by you asking for one if such a device existed for that price therefor I offered to pick one up for you :D

Olds is a digital area. It may not have been at one point but it is now. Falls under the same service area as Red Deer.

Did you call Shaw this afternoon? I find it hard to believe that a Shaw account rep would be pushing a service in an area that can't support it.

As for Visions.... This could be a tier 2 market offer only and specific to certain areas.

FYI...

I am not hear to argue the logistics behind were Shaw digital works and dosent work. Just trying to see if someone is offering a used HD (non-PVR, never said I wanted a HD/PVR, try reading again) box for a decent price.

You obviously do not have one for sale so any further posts on your part would only be a wast of your time. If in fact you do have lots of time on your hands and wish to continue shitting on my thread then please feel free sir.

Thanks