PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Subaru Saleman in Calgary?

orion747
06-15-2008, 01:04 AM
I know both dealers are dogcrap (Centaur moreso) but has anyone dealt with a salesdroid at either of these dealerships recently they'd recommend. May be looking at an Outback soon. A few guys I've talked to at both dealers are your stereotypical greasy car salesmen.

Why is such a great manufacturer represented by complete garbage dealers? Subaru Canada seems to be also pathetic, for not pulling the franchise earlier, but also for a lot of other bad decisions (like the current Forester sumo carwash commercials...)

That.Guy.S30
06-15-2008, 01:21 AM
i would buy from neither. they are all shady. dont bother going to terri at subaru of calgary either. sold me a lemon and didnt even bother to help me afterwards

Accord_tunerx
06-15-2008, 01:26 AM
doesnt bobby work at subaru?

redblack
06-15-2008, 06:27 AM
Yes bobby does workat subaru of calgary. He's a great guy to deal with, very professional and polite.

ExtraSlow
06-15-2008, 08:56 AM
Does this bobby guy have a last name?

Aleks
06-15-2008, 09:01 AM
His username on here is JdmXSi

PM him, I bought a Subaru from him as well. Very nice guy.

Deetz
06-15-2008, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Aleks

yes, great guy, give a pm

The Cosworth
06-15-2008, 09:09 AM
there is a 30ish year old guy at Calgary subaru with glasses, white, dark brown/black hair, who yanked me around for 3 weeks when looking for a car.

Personally no one seemed helpful at Calgary so I dont recommend them

D'z Nutz
06-15-2008, 09:14 AM

Yes, he's one of the few beyonders who's not a complete wiseass/dumbass/smartass. He'll certainly take care of you well. I also vouch for him.

He saves puppies in his spare time (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/222884/found-a-puppy-in-the-sw/) :)

JAYMEZ
06-15-2008, 09:15 AM
I would recommend Subaru in Edmonton , I will never again buy from any subaru dealerships in calgary.

EK 2.0
06-15-2008, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz

Yes, he's one of the few beyonders who's not a complete wiseass/dumbass/smartass. He'll certainly take care of you well. I also vouch for him.

He saves puppies in his spare time (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/222884/found-a-puppy-in-the-sw/) :)

I hear there is an all-star in the Subaru Calgary parts department too...

And I vouch for Bobby Clark as well...

orion747
06-15-2008, 11:41 AM
Thanks, I'll PM Bobby... might be one of the few Subaru salesmen that didn't come from the furniture dept at the Bay....

Man... the how have you guys found the service departments here? The complete ineptitude of the Subaru dealerships scares me. As much as you buy a car for the car itself, you also get stuck with the dealer as much. I've seen the horror stories of joyriding, but overall - are they as bad as it seems?

Seems like a shame to go with my 2nd choice, because dealers can't get it straight....

EK 2.0
06-15-2008, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by orion747

Man... the how have you guys found the service departments here? The complete ineptitude of the Subaru dealerships scares me. As much as you buy a car for the car itself, you also get stuck with the dealer as much. I've seen the horror stories of joyriding, but overall - are they as bad as it seems?

Being that I cannot comment on Centaur (I have no first hand experience with them). And MAYBE I am slightly biased towards Subaru Calgary, but I think the technicians are some of the most professional ones I have worked with.

And I have worked at a few dealerships where I can attest to the immaturity if a few of the techs.

clem24
06-15-2008, 12:03 PM
Bobby is a really nice guy. His manager (Mike I think?) seems really sleazy. When you talk to Bobby, you'll notice that he's quite down to earth and that he's not pushy.

But ultimately, Subaru of Calgary would not acknowledge that the used 05 LGT I was testing had what appeared to be an issue with the shifter (very notchy between 2nd, 3rd, and 4th). In the end, I went to the US to pick one up and saved me a bundle. If you're paying in cash or can get good financing from your bank, I'd totally recommend going to the US to pick up your car.

D'z Nutz
06-15-2008, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0
I hear there is an all-star in the Subaru Calgary parts department too...

Well, if we're talking about the parts department as well, those guys definitely deserve a shout out! :thumbsup:

max_boost
06-15-2008, 12:18 PM
Yeah Bobby Clarke at Subaru Calgary. Bought a WRX and Tribeca off of him. Easy guy to deal with. No BS.

4doorj
06-15-2008, 10:37 PM

:werd:
I bought my wrx from Bobby, hes awsome!!!
Very good guy to deal with:thumbsup:

That.Guy.S30
06-16-2008, 12:07 AM

Being that I cannot comment on Centaur (I have no first hand experience with them). And MAYBE I am slightly biased towards Subaru Calgary, but I think the technicians are some of the most professional ones I have worked with.

And I have worked at a few dealerships where I can attest to the immaturity if a few of the techs.

i dont know how long u have been working there but ive had my subarus worked on there for at least 5 years. and for the 5 years, ive seen enough techs/service department ppl go in and out. the service sucks period.

my last straw is when they damaged my dads outback. service manager paul didnt bother to do shit. and gave me "it aint our problem" company line. and tried to be a nice guy by saying he talk to the other manager to try to solve this for us. promised me he would call me back, the next day. guess what... about a month later.. nothing. no sorry, no call, no problem. f*ck subaru.

ExtraSlow
06-16-2008, 10:07 AM
Subaru Calgary is the one on Barlow south of 16th, right?
That's pretty close to me, I'll look Bobby up.

4doorj
06-16-2008, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
Subaru Calgary is the one on Barlow south of 16th, right?
That's pretty close to me, I'll look Bobby up.
yup thats the place

Perfect Dark
06-16-2008, 10:12 PM
I can vouch for Bobby as well, went the extra mile to find exactly what we were looking for! Great guy as well.

Oh, and I can also vouch for a certain someone in the parts dept...hooked me up with some gaskets just last week :D

EK 2.0
06-16-2008, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs

i dont know how long u have been working there but ive had my subarus worked on there for at least 5 years. and for the 5 years, ive seen enough techs/service department ppl go in and out. the service sucks period.

I have only been there just under a year in teh parts department. And as such, in the time I have been there the Scooby techs have been a staple. No one has really left outside of apprentices. I am sorry to hear of your poor experiences at the dealership though, I am not gonna lie. Because working in the parts and service industry for as long as I have in total, I do know it doesn't take much to screw a client relationship up. But takes years to rebuild it back.

Originally posted by Perfect Dark

I can vouch for Bobby as well, went the extra mile to find exactly what we were looking for! Great guy as well.

Oh, and I can also vouch for a certain someone in the parts dept...hooked me up with some gaskets just last week :D

Oh haha, that was you??...You should have let me know next time...

AutodreamMarvin
06-16-2008, 11:53 PM
I can vouch for bobby as well.

He bought his XSi off of me, really great guy, down to earth and well spoken.

If he was a girl I would fuck him.

jdmXSI
06-16-2008, 11:58 PM
^^ Thanks Marvin! I feel the same way.... You know if you were a girl and all;) lol

ExtraSlow
06-17-2008, 07:17 AM
If you were both girls, you'd be lesbians.

clem24
06-17-2008, 12:54 PM
Or if you were both guys, you'd be fags. Wait a minute...

teg_boya
06-17-2008, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by clem24

:rofl: :rofl:

bigboom
06-17-2008, 01:37 PM
i've bought my last two cars off bobby now and he's a great guy to deal with. he has a golf swing that's ugly as hell but he will help you a lot when buying a car :)

Perfect Dark
06-17-2008, 06:37 PM
Oh haha, that was you??...You should have let me know next time...

Yeah sorry I was in a bit of a rush on Friday, I will bring the finished product by sometime though :D

drtoohotty1
06-17-2008, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by clem24

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: priceless