PDA

View Full Version : Found a Puppy in the SW

jdmXSI
06-15-2008, 01:56 AM
I found this little puppy about an hour and a half ago in the SW off crowchild trail and 33rd ave. if anyone knows whos dog this is feel free to contact me at 608-8672. Lets hope we can help it find its owner!

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s181/jdm_xsi/IMG_0793.jpg
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s181/jdm_xsi/IMG_0794.jpg

Accord_tunerx
06-15-2008, 01:57 AM
no tag? awww haha very cute

shirshamshir
06-15-2008, 01:58 AM
really cute dog, :(

jdmXSI
06-15-2008, 02:02 AM
There is a tag but not of much good its "Village of Keremeos 55" and that is all thats on there

shirshamshir
06-15-2008, 02:07 AM
google earthed it, its in BC :eek:

jdmXSI
06-15-2008, 02:11 AM
Yeah i've tried it too. I was thinking a retirement home but no luck...

kaput
06-15-2008, 08:39 AM

brown_guy
06-15-2008, 09:05 AM
Make sure you feed the little guy and good on you for helping out :thumbsup:

Kritafo
06-15-2008, 09:31 AM
I would try to get in touch with the town of Keremeos and see what you can find out. I mean the town has less than 1000 people in it.

sounds like someone either moved from there, or was visiting.

Do us a favor don't take the dog to the pound because there was a thread on here just a while ago where the guy lost his dog and humane society put it down like 3 days later.

The Cosworth
06-15-2008, 09:33 AM
^^

:werd:

szw
06-15-2008, 09:33 AM
http://www.keremeos.ca/municipal_council.php

I guess you could call that 'town center' and see if they know anyone who moved to Calgary or someone who is on vacation in Calgary. Sounds like a tiny ass place where people would know stuff like that. Even their town council members have their home phone numbers on that site.

jdmXSI
06-15-2008, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Kritafo
I would try to get in touch with the town of Keremeos and see what you can find out. I mean the town has less than 1000 people in it.

sounds like someone either moved from there, or was visiting.

Do us a favor don't take the dog to the pound because there was a thread on here just a while ago where the guy lost his dog and humane society put it down like 3 days later.

Thats probably the best bet idea to call the town. As for the pound, i even want the people from 311 to pick her up first cause thats where she'll probably end up. If anyone is in Glenmorgan are and sees someone looking for a dog, feel free to give out my #. Its kinda like Beyond CSI puppy stylz:D

frozenrice
06-15-2008, 10:25 AM
You probably did this already, but did you check the bulletin boards in the businesses around Marda Loop?

Kritafo
06-15-2008, 10:45 AM
http://www.rdos.bc.ca/index.php?id=250

Has a number for that town along with a phone number for dog licenses.

http://www.ibegin.com/canada/british-columbia/keremeos/south-valley-vet-hospital-704-7th-ave.html
there also appears to be only one Vet I would call that as well.

Just a thought...you may want to check with an animal hospital here, see if they can scan the dog for a microchip.

You have looked for a tattoo? Ear and belly are usually where they are done.

crx/gsr
06-15-2008, 10:53 AM
some chick called country 105 yesterday saying she lost her dog yesterday. might be the same one... i dunno. call the radio station.

Kritafo
06-15-2008, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by crx/gsr
some chick called country 105 yesterday saying she lost her dog yesterday. might be the same one... i dunno. call the radio station.

yes...that is how we got our dog back when I was a kid. Call them all.

Looks like it's a Bichon mix/ maybe with Havanese

jdmXSI
06-15-2008, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by frozenrice
You probably did this already, but did you check the bulletin boards in the businesses around Marda Loop?

No not yet, but good idea. I tried to call some radio stations but they are a bitch to get through to:banghead: So far lots of great ideas, thanks for the help! Oh and for some reason the Vet # in Keremeos is no longer in service:dunno:

Kritafo
06-15-2008, 12:19 PM
http://www.sunnyosoyoos.com/webpages/south_valley_vet.htm

Since the name of the hospital is the same and it's fairly close I would call the Vet there. Dr. Scheffler the other phone number is for Dr Bill Weiland.

jdmXSI
06-16-2008, 09:35 AM
Here's alittle update, i called osoyoos and refered me back to the village of Keremeos. The lady is going to get in contact with the owner and have them call me. So she should make it back home:thumbsup:

Kritafo
06-16-2008, 09:44 AM
Ooh thanks for the update...I was thinking about it this morning!

I am guessing there will be some happy owners!

Rat Fink
06-16-2008, 10:05 AM

5fivespeed
06-16-2008, 11:26 PM
Agreed, good job !

jdmXSI
06-16-2008, 11:29 PM
So i got in contact with the owner today through a few attempts with th humaine sociaty. I guess what had happened in the first place, was he let his dog off the leash to go pee while at a bon fire. She ended up running down the alley and he lost sight of her. He did spend sometime that night looking around for her but with no luck. Anyways, the dog is back with the owner now and seemed very happy to be reunited.

sevewone
06-16-2008, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Rat Fink
Awesome job man. 90% of the world wouldn't take the time to do what you did unless there was guaranteed money in it for them.

If that was my dog, I'd give you a kickass reward because most people wouldn't have done what you did.

so true. Not to many people would do what you did. My sister lost her dog and they were driving around looking for it, heard it barking, went to the door and i guess some family tried to steal it. When they went to the door the kids were sad cause "their" dog was being taken away, already re-named it and shit to. :rolleyes:

NewLextasy
06-16-2008, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by jdmXSI
So i got in contact with the owner today through a few attempts with th humaine sociaty. I guess what had happened in the first place, was he let his dog off the leash to go pee while at a bon fire. She ended up running down the alley and he lost sight of her. He did spend sometime that night looking around for her but with no luck. Anyways, the dog is back with the owner now and seemed very happy to be reunited.

GOOD JOB. I would only hope someone would do this for my dogs if they ever got out.

I have found at least 10 dogs that i have found owners for. Im a real dog lover and it makes me happy to see someone else do something liek this

Once again GOOD JOB MAN:clap: :clap: :clap:

Jlude
06-17-2008, 12:38 AM
Good Job!!!

Glad to hear everything turned out!

TomcoPDR
06-17-2008, 12:40 AM
Good job man. :thumbsup:

LadyTurbo
06-17-2008, 08:02 AM
Awwww, so happy this all worked out!

Tomaz
06-17-2008, 08:31 AM
Great work mate! There is hope for humanity if there are more people out there like you!

Accord_tunerx
06-18-2008, 04:51 PM
sell subaru by day and saves dogs by night!:thumbsup:

anarchy
06-18-2008, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Tomaz
Great work mate! There is hope for humanity if there are more people out there like you!

:werd: x 10.
:clap:

You should feel great about yourself, that is amazing deed you did.

I can only hope that if I ever lost my dog that she'd run into someone like you. I cannot for the life of me understand how anyone can find a dog and keep it without trying to find it's owner. I understand if they really tried and could not find the owner that they would keep it instead of being put down by the humane society, but without even trying!

One could not be more selfish by doing that. :guns:

Kona9
06-18-2008, 05:19 PM
Fellow dog owner here! Awesome work! The world needs more people like you.

I can not imagine how crappy I would feel if I lost my dog or something shitty happened to him.

CaptainReboot
06-19-2008, 10:18 AM
Great work!

I have a dog and I don't know what I'd do if she went missing.

Eleanor
06-19-2008, 10:23 AM
GG man! :thumbsup:

Chester
06-20-2008, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by sevewone

so true. Not to many people would do what you did. My sister lost her dog and they were driving around looking for it, heard it barking, went to the door and i guess some family tried to steal it. When they went to the door the kids were sad cause "their" dog was being taken away, already re-named it and shit to. :rolleyes:

Exact same thing happened to me when I was 12. I lost my dog, my sisters and I spent all day looking for him, we eventually found him chained up in someones garage. The kids had already claimed him as their own:rolleyes: