PDA

View Full Version : Why are people such idiots to animals

civicman
06-15-2008, 11:43 PM
Well here is my Rant!!!
My wife works as a pet Groomer and both of us love animals. This is my rant if you can't take care of your animals then don't own them. Here is the story.....On Friday June 13th...someone in the south end of calgary was out walking...came upon a black plastic garbage bag...heard some little noises coming out of the bag and opened it to find 10 little newborn puppies. The good person that found them surrendered them to a local rescue who then took them in and got them checked out by a vet. Who could be so crule to throw away 10 2 day old puppies in a plastic garbage bag to sufficate? We don't know.... Why wouldnt they be responsible pet owners and get their dog fixed in the first place? We don't know...How many times have they done this ...we just don't know. Thank goodness that someone found them in time...they didn't deserve this at all. And to think..what is the momma dog doing? Frantically searching for her babies that she just had.....DISCUSTING!!!!!! These little ones are now split up in to 4 different foster homes and we currently have 2 beautiful baby girls that we are fostering! Please spread the word...if your not a breeder spay or neuter your dog!!!! Stop the stupidity and do your job as a pet owner..DON'T let this happen again.

civicman
06-15-2008, 11:44 PM
the other baby

cycosis
06-15-2008, 11:57 PM
cute pups man. good on ya for taking some of them in.

civicman
06-16-2008, 12:07 AM
Thanks man. If I could of took in more I would of but the 2 I have now are a lot of work to hand feed every 4 hrs. But it's all worth it. If anyone is looking to adopt these precious pups they will be up for adoption once there old enough. when adopted out they will have there first shots/Micro chipped/ and will be fixed. There are brown ones and black ones.

brown_guy
06-16-2008, 12:29 AM
I wish I could take one but no pets allowed where I live :(

Jlude
06-16-2008, 12:40 AM
Fuckin' pos who did that...

Glad they were rescued

SCHIDER23
06-16-2008, 10:25 AM
:thumbsup: Great work on rescuing the puppies, :thumbsup:

Oldskool
06-16-2008, 10:29 AM
I hate hearing shit like this.... Like when somebody dumped puppies into the outhouse...

Great job on your part for taking in a couple pup's:thumbsup:

treg50
06-16-2008, 11:33 AM
Ya seriously, having a pet is a big responsibility, they are an addition to your family. Yes it SOUNDS nice and they're cute when they are babies but it's a LOT of work, patience, time, and money (ie. food, vet bills, etc). All of this is well worth it if you accept these things 24/7 for the rest of your pet's life.

Just be honest with yourself whether or not you can commit to your pet --- if you really care about it you wouldn't want it to be mistreated or neglected by anyone including yourself.

civicman
06-16-2008, 07:30 PM
Exactly.....just like children anmials are not disposible....but some people would like to think they are and DO dispose of them. Its truly a shame. There are orgs out there that will help chip in for fixing dogs and cats. they just make it too easy for just "anyone" to get a pet.

ekguy
06-16-2008, 09:09 PM
any idea on the breed?

Ajay
06-16-2008, 09:26 PM
Good for you dude.

I would take one of these off your hands in a heartbeat if pets were allowed where I am.

Makes me sick to hear people can be so heartless.

DJ Lazy
06-16-2008, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by brown_guy
I wish I could take one but no pets allowed where I live :(

:werd: , atleast not the 4 legged ones..

zarge
06-16-2008, 09:36 PM
What I don't understand is.. can't you sell these puppies for a lot of money? I mean it's not that hard to adapt your life for a month or whatever it is to get them ready with shots etc..

I'm assuming they are degenerate alcoholic drug users who can't even take care of themselves

civicman
06-16-2008, 11:27 PM
I agree 100% with all that has been said! I think they are lab x shepard? But untill they get a little older we cant tell for sure :) And like i said before..once old enough they will be up for adoption and will come with shots, micro chips, and will be FIXED!!! Glad to see that there is some people who care about the little babies! New pics to come soon! Thanks for all your replies.

badatusrnames
06-16-2008, 11:29 PM
Who's Dwayne?

GQBalla
06-17-2008, 09:44 AM
good job on taking to two of the dogs.

what kinda dogs are those? they are cute.

stupid people....

die die die

ringer
06-17-2008, 11:14 AM
aww i want one
been thinking about getting a dog..

schurchill39
06-17-2008, 02:35 PM
Thats how we got our cat when I was a kid. My dad found a bunch of kids throwing a plastic tied up bag up in the hair so it would fall to the ground. He chased them away and found a kitten inside. Thank god it was alright and lived and healthy life but just the thought of it makes me sick.

Good on you for helping rescue and raise these puppies! Hopefully they find a good caring home!

francisc006
06-17-2008, 02:50 PM
I would take one but im stuck with these two MONSTERS.... sure they look all cuddly and cute in the pic but once they wake up they are like the energizer bunny on STEROIDS...lol

Those people will pay for it sooner or later! I mean even if you can't afford them or any reason... take them in for adoption or something...ARGHHH DIE :banghead: :guns:
(I've heard all stories when it comes to pets but this is just plain CRUEL...I've heard stories of people abandoning their Cats because it doesnt match their new furniture :guns: )

http://photos1.hi5.com/0029/765/785/FDo0Nb765785-02.jpg

E46..sTyLez
06-17-2008, 03:13 PM
...makes you wonder how many times this happens and no one is there to rescue them.

Good on ya man

civicman
06-18-2008, 08:15 AM
2 female pups 7 days old!

tatime
06-18-2008, 02:45 PM
Pat on the back to everyone involved in saving these little guys :D

but I'm a little lost here... getting the puppies microchipped? I think I have an idea what that is, but can anyone explain what it is and what's it for?

pyroza
06-18-2008, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by tatime
Pat on the back to everyone involved in saving these little guys :D

but I'm a little lost here... getting the puppies microchipped? I think I have an idea what that is, but can anyone explain what it is and what's it for?

I think it's something like putting a chip inside your pet so you can always track them down if they get lost or something

Kloubek
06-18-2008, 03:27 PM
The microchip is to be used on the event you lose your credit card. You can just run the puppy through the scanner.

403Gemini
06-18-2008, 04:42 PM
What breed are these? they're pretty cute :)

Glad the pups were found and are okay now. I hate neglegent people. All they would have had to do anyways is surrender them over to a shelter if they didnt want them... why leave them to die? :(

civicman
06-18-2008, 07:26 PM
Ya they have 2 ways of keeping a pet identified...one is a tattoo either on the inside of the leg or inside an ear. After a while tattoos fade or after healed don't come out all that well. The easier way is to get the dog micro chipped. They insert the micro chip with a needle between the shoulder blades of the animal. It doesn't hurt the animal, its just like getting the animal vaccinated. Once the information on the animal and the owner had been entered in to the system, no matter where the animal goes all they have to do is scan it with the micro chip scanner and all the info on the pet and owner comes up! A micro chip last the life of the animal...where a tattoo might not. Every pound, shelter and vet clinic has the micro chip scanners.