PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody know where i can donate cloths to the homeless

krazynammer69
06-16-2008, 12:35 PM
I have a lot of cloths that i dont wear and would like to donate it to the homeless any body know where i can donate. I live in beddington so i would like to do it some where around my house thx

Irae
06-16-2008, 12:37 PM
I think you can donate straight to the Mustard Seed downtown...

or there are Blue colored bins (like the large green recycling ones) at Co-op grocery stores, or sometimes right next to the green recycling ones at shopping centers.

I think Canadian tire also has some smaller ones.

Tomaz
06-16-2008, 12:42 PM
Salvation Army. Beleiev there is a location by Auto Value on 32nd Ave NE

Kona9
06-16-2008, 12:42 PM
Salvation Army, Clothes drop boxes by recycling ( I know of one in Westhills beside the Sony Store (old Gap outlet), Mustard Seed.

badatusrnames
06-16-2008, 12:43 PM
Cloths?

Face or loin?

Eleanor
06-16-2008, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by badatusrnames
Cloths?

Face or loin?

Mental images of all the bums walking around downtown in loincloths :rofl:

adam c
06-16-2008, 01:09 PM
drive downtown and throw them on a park bench

Penis McNickels
06-16-2008, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Kona9
Salvation Army, Clothes drop boxes by recycling

There's a drop box in the parking lot of the Deerfoot Mall (NE corner)... that should be fairly close to Beddington...

SJW
06-16-2008, 01:24 PM
Goodwill

ExtraSlow
06-16-2008, 01:44 PM
You can also drop off Clothes, bedding, bicycles etc at the Drop In Centre. Even broken bicycles, since they run a repair shop there as well.
The Women In Need society runs a second hand clothing store in the South East near forest lawn, and they accept donations of larger furniture in addition to the usual stuff.

Kritafo
06-16-2008, 01:49 PM
http://www.calgary.ca/docgallery/bu/sws/recycling_opportunities.pdf

some organizations even pick up from your house. Just search for the clothing section

dragonone
06-16-2008, 02:11 PM
last time i checked, the organizations were very picky about what kind of clothes etc.

i was giving it away for free, if they want to be difficult, fuck it. i just left them in garbage bags beside the bin downstairs. it was gone in less than 2 hours lol.

analbumcover
06-16-2008, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by dragonone
last time i checked, the organizations were very picky about what kind of clothes etc.

i was giving it away for free, if they want to be difficult, fuck it. i just left them in garbage bags beside the bin downstairs. it was gone in less than 2 hours lol.

sweet man dumping isnt a dick thing to do :rolleyes:

if they dont accept your shit its for a reason, they arent really picky about clothes as long as they arent soiled and wearable but there are guidelines in regards to other types of items that are donated. in your case maybe you should clean up the skid marks before you try to donate your garbage.

Kritafo
06-16-2008, 05:33 PM

This is true, they are picky, because they don't want crap they have to fix and repair. Most of these place are run by volunteers and they can't afford to wash, sew and fix the clothing.

Graham_A_M
06-16-2008, 05:53 PM
^ They can afford to be picky as they recieve an asinine amount of clothing in the form of donations. (The Mustard Seed I mean by this). They recieve way more clothes then they could possibly ever use. Instead most are then given to Goodwill organizations that give them out internationally if the various shelters (locally) cant take them.
I used to volunteer at the Mustard seed (thats how I know this). Just give them to the Diabetes association, a "Goodwill" of sorts or Value Village.
Trust me, the Mustard seed has just & rooms & rooms full of spare clothing, with no real place to put most of the stuff.

dragonone
06-16-2008, 06:28 PM
y is putting it neatly beside the disposal bin a dick thing to do? why the fuck would i have skid marks on clothes? i never checked the condition of the clothes because they came outta my closet. u keep soiled full of skid mark clothes in ur closet? i didn't even bother bringing it to these organizations after calling them because i'm not bringing the clothes back for some stupid reason. i mean if you have ripped or clothing that needs repair, wouldn't u just throw it out? y would u wash it and stack it neatly in storage somewhere so you could donate it?

/rant

which is exactly why i left them downstairs, let the homeless ppl that's wandering do the sifting and sorting. chances are they can use it all

they should advertise that they don't need clothes, reading from this thread, it sounds like everyone thinks they needs countless amounts of clothing

liquidboi69
06-16-2008, 06:42 PM
y is putting it neatly beside the disposal bin a dick thing to do? why the fuck would i have skid marks on clothes? i never checked the condition of the clothes because they came outta my closet. u keep soiled full of skid mark clothes in ur closet? i didn't even bother bringing it to these organizations after calling them because i'm not bringing the clothes back for some stupid reason. i mean if you have ripped or clothing that needs repair, wouldn't u just throw it out? y would u wash it and stack it neatly in storage somewhere so you could donate it?

/rant

which is exactly why i left them downstairs, let the homeless ppl that's wandering do the sifting and sorting. chances are they can use it all

they should advertise that they don't need clothes, reading from this thread, it sounds like everyone thinks they needs countless amounts of clothing

Cuz by leaving it outside randomly for them to scrummage through they could make a fucking mess all over the parking lot bin.....

and whose going to clean this mess up afteR? You?? I think not... so best thing would be to donate to those organizations like 80% of the people have said

dragonone
06-16-2008, 07:14 PM
point taken, it's going directly in the trash next time
my donation doesn't make much of a difference anyways

bball2
06-16-2008, 10:15 PM
I got a call from the diabetes association a couple months ago asking for used clothing. I basically packed everything still usable in a box and they were more than happy to come by and pick it up when they went through our neighborhood. :thumbsup:

Supa Dexta
06-18-2008, 06:55 PM
Drive by a pack of them and throw it out the window/ yell free clothes.. Problem solved.

Make sure there isn't a cop around, or he'll get you for littering or some shit...