PDA

View Full Version : Market Place Help

Blue Devil 2
08-26-2003, 05:18 PM
A buyer/seller rating would be ideal with so many users using the forum. Or even ways to leave comments, it's hard to figure out who is legit and who is not.

Ben
08-26-2003, 06:05 PM
We're working on something.

hjr
08-26-2003, 09:13 PM
good idea!

pinoyhero
09-24-2003, 08:17 PM
Great idea, not that I have had a bad experience or not but it would help. It would kinda be tough tocreate though since you could just get your friends to boost your rating. You would have to get around that some how..... hmmmmm.

szw
09-27-2003, 09:22 AM
seems kinda pointless to me. The whole rating thing is good for buying over the internet but almost all the sales here are completed in person.

ie...you see the product and pay at the same time. Don't have to worry about getting stuff damaged during shipping or not getting your stuff at all.

rage2
09-27-2003, 09:26 AM
Trying to figure something out where a rating would work, but wouldn't end up in a friggin' bash fest like every other thread lately.

Seanith
09-27-2003, 12:05 PM
I would like to put my rating in for blue devil 2.. that mike is a real asshole! scam artist! :D :rofl: :rofl: ;)

roopi
10-01-2003, 12:31 AM
I think it is a good idea to have something like this in place. One of the other forums I frequent has just created another section titled 'Feedback'.

The entire section is automatically displayed in alphabetical order and the title of each thread would be the persons username on the board who the feedback is being left for.

So for example if I bought a phone off of rage2 once the deal is done we would both goto the 'Feedback' section and check if there was already existing threads titled rage2 and roopi. if there is we would simply reply to the appropriate thread with the transaction details and feedback. if there isn't then we would start whichever thread is needed and title it rage2 or roopi. Since the section is sorted alphabetically it is easy to find if a person has feedback. Most people on that board just put a link to their feedback in there sig.

The basic rule is that you are only allowed to reply to a persons feedback thread if you completed a transaction with them. If you haven't and you do post then the post is deleted. If it continues just ban the person.

I hope this makes sense. It's late and I don't want to read it over.

Blue Devil 2
10-01-2003, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by ~$eanith~
I would like to put my rating in for blue devil 2.. that mike is a real asshole! scam artist! :D :rofl: :rofl: ;)

haha fucker :guns:

kenny
10-01-2003, 09:23 AM
Ive been looking at a real good system for this, the only downside is that it is based on the honor system. There is no way to stop someone from giving themselves positive feedback (with another account). It does however list the people that gave the feedback.

Personally I think this system may work even if people abuse it because you can easily see if people who are giving feedback are regulars or 0 post accounts.

Some thoughts on this before a ebay-esque feedback system is implemented?

max_boost
10-01-2003, 10:13 AM
roopi brings up a great idea. Depending on what the setup is like, each positive feedback will have a link to the original for sale thread.

kenny
10-01-2003, 10:28 AM
This system I am looking into replicates ebays system. You will see feedback like so:

Positive: 10
Neutral: 1
Negative 1

and each number will be a link. If you click on 10, you see a list of 10 threads that were all positive.

etc. etc.

This system isn't foolproof, but it would at least provide some sort of feedback / history for people to see. This would only help on big ticket items, which is pretty rare still on beyond. Most people aren't going to research a seller that is selling a $200 phone for example.

roopi
10-04-2003, 01:58 AM
kenny i think it is really worth implementing. even though most members are from the calgary area alot of us aren't and i think some people get a little scared buying from us. even if it is based on the honor system there will only be a few people who try and scam and it should be rather easy to detect.

also i think many people will take the time to look at feedback even if the amount is small.

we aren't all big ballers like you. :D

i can't afford no MB. just a lil ol LS. :(

kenny
10-06-2003, 10:00 PM
An Ebay style rating system has been implemented, to rate a user, just view their user profile and you will see it there.

http://forums.beyond.ca/misc.php?s=&action=faq&page=2#buysell

for an example, look at roopi's profile. I have added feedback to his profile.

-APEX-
10-06-2003, 11:04 PM
yea the ebay rating is good

403Gemini
10-06-2003, 11:38 PM
i dunt know if this is a good idea... i could be a cunt and just give you all low ratings. wouldnt be fair would it?

rage2
10-06-2003, 11:55 PM
And you would be banned very quickly.

eur0
10-07-2003, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by kenny
Ive been looking at a real good system for this, the only downside is that it is based on the honor system. There is no way to stop someone from giving themselves positive feedback (with another account). It does however list the people that gave the feedback.

Personally I think this system may work even if people abuse it because you can easily see if people who are giving feedback are regulars or 0 post accounts.

Some thoughts on this before a ebay-esque feedback system is implemented?

i think it should be fine, there is nothing stopping a person provding some names as a reference under their reviews...especially by someone that left good feedback with a high post account. nice work!

kenny
10-07-2003, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
i dunt know if this is a good idea... i could be a cunt and just give you all low ratings. wouldnt be fair would it?

True enough, but a whole wackload of ratings without a valid URL to an actual marketplace post would be pretty meaningless :)

403Gemini
10-07-2003, 01:52 AM
lol relax guys not saying i would ;) but wuts stoppin some idiot signin up and spamming everybodies ratings and doin this over and over again ?

edit: however i do find it a good idea to see who takes care of their car and says all info of whats wrong w/ it as opposed to purchasing and then "uh oh! i gotta pay 5k in repairs... damn he coulda said something..."

kenny
10-07-2003, 02:04 AM
Of course a system like this, we cannot prevent people from spamming the ratings but it will be obvious when the rating system has been spammed, if the spammer cannot provide any URLs for the item being sold or bought :)

roopi
10-07-2003, 06:14 AM
nice work guys! i really like the system. now if i could just remember everyone who bought one of my old phones i'd have a great rating already. :D

D'z Nutz
10-07-2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by kenny
Of course a system like this, we cannot prevent people from spamming the ratings but it will be obvious when the rating system has been spammed, if the spammer cannot provide any URLs for the item being sold or bought :)

Then why not make the URL a required field? Atleast that way it reinforces the point that the rating system must be for marketplace sales, and *every* comment can be checked up on by potential buyers/sellers.

Good job, nonetheless!

kenny
10-07-2003, 02:37 PM
Okay, the URL is now a required field. Thought there might be some reasons that a URL is not available but I'll leave it like this until we run into a problem like that :)

Blue Devil 2
10-07-2003, 02:39 PM
Nice job Kenny! :clap: