PDA

View Full Version : Tiger

rmk
06-16-2008, 02:31 PM
Clutch

:eek:

Super_Geo
06-16-2008, 02:35 PM
So what now? Another 18 hole tie-breaker?

edit- Nevermind, last I checked they tied on the 18 holes, didn't hear that Tiger took it down already... nice!

98type_r
06-16-2008, 02:46 PM
It would have been a much better finish if he sank that last putt instead of leaving it a couple of inches short.

88CRX
06-16-2008, 02:48 PM
Was watching the golf yesterday with my Dad and just before Tiger took that last put on 18 we were discussing if he'd make it or not... haha. Guys a frickin machine.

Hands down Tiger Woods is by far the most clutch athlete in sports.

bigboom
06-16-2008, 03:07 PM
fuck...i had this taping at home and tried avoiding this thread but i clicked on a news link and my eyes scanned "tiger outlasts mediate"

i was pulling for rocco but at the same time i wanted to see tiger do this to get him closer to Nicklaus' record. i think Tiger really needs to work on that driver of his...but those two eagle putts on saturday were ridiculous enough.

Penis McNickels
06-16-2008, 03:08 PM
Tiger Uppercut!!!

http://www.geocities.jp/redcyclone0601/syokaifile/sagat/sagat.jpg

syeve
06-16-2008, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX

Hands down Tiger Woods is by far the most clutch athlete in sports.

QFT

buh_buh
06-16-2008, 06:18 PM
Rocco collapsed under the pressure. He played well to come back and even came out ahead, but the playoff hole of the playoff round he never even made it on the fairway. But that was probably one of the best rounds of golf I've seen in a long time.

Team_Mclaren
06-16-2008, 06:40 PM
werd, that waas exciting shit, i have been following sine day 3 or the opens and today was just absolutely amazing. Rocco couldve won it but Tiger, wow, just wow.

95teetee
06-16-2008, 07:32 PM
man I was pissed off yesterday when I found out it was an 18 hole playoff TODAY:banghead:

and then they end up going to a sudden death hole anyways:rolleyes:

the margin between Tiger and the next best in his sport may be the widest we've ever seen- forget MJ and the also-rans, or Gretzky and the others- the Tiger gap is huge. Especially when they're up against him (credit to Rocco for actually staying in it- someone like Hefty would have been 10 shots back by the time they made the turn today.)

Ajay
06-16-2008, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by 95teetee

and then they end up going to a sudden death hole anyways:rolleyes:

The reason for the extra sudden death hole was because it was still tied after the 18 hole playoff. All other tournaments and Majors only involve sudden death but the US Open is different in the sense the playoff is a full round.

Even if Tiger was -6 and Rocco was +6 after the first 6 holes they would have played the full 18.

What set's Tiger apart from all the other clutch players like MJ, Gretzky, Montana, Bird....etc is the fact that he goes at it alone. So not only is he fending off the competition but he's competing against the golf course. If any of the above mentioned players had a bad game they still have teammates that can step up to the plate. Tiger doesn't.

I think Tiger and Roger Federer are two of the absolute best athletes of all time because their mental toughness is unmatched. If only Federer could find a way to beat Nadal on clay.

dezmarez
06-16-2008, 09:45 PM
ya man
tiger is the best athlete of all time
like honestly who else dominates

buh_buh
06-17-2008, 11:54 AM
Federer's been losing a lot lately. I think he's got a ways to go before he gets to the Pete Sampras level. But yeah, Tiger is the most dominant athlete maybe of all time.

teg_boya
06-17-2008, 11:59 AM
tiger ftw with one knee!

95teetee
06-17-2008, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Ajay

The reason for the extra sudden death hole was because it was still tied after the 18 hole playoff. All other tournaments and Majors only involve sudden death but the US Open is different in the sense the playoff is a full round.

Even if Tiger was -6 and Rocco was +6 after the first 6 holes they would have played the full 18.

yep I get that- but if the USGA did it like other tournaments, either sudden death or a 3-or-4 hole aggregate, then people could still see it:)

treg50
06-17-2008, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by teg_boya
tiger ftw with one knee!

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/images/Products/UFS%20Art/Street%20Fighter/SF084.jpg

max_boost
06-17-2008, 03:10 PM
Tiger is so gangster. So tough. He'll get his 20 majors, 100 tour wins, bank a billion dollars (if he doesn't already have it) and just retire, all before age 40. I don't think we'll see him on the Champions Tour lol

Rocco may never have another look at a major. He played so well but just not enough man.

I don't like the USGA format. 18 holes, too much. The next day as well, totally kills it. Still, probably the best US Open ever.

bigboom
06-18-2008, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
Tiger is so gangster. So tough. He'll get his 20 majors, 100 tour wins, bank a billion dollars (if he doesn't already have it) and just retire, all before age 40. I don't think we'll see him on the Champions Tour lol

Rocco may never have another look at a major. He played so well but just not enough man.

I don't like the USGA format. 18 holes, too much. The next day as well, totally kills it. Still, probably the best US Open ever.

rocco kept it simple...but he couldnt drain putts, saturday and sunday he had a few 3 or 4 foot putts he didnt make. if he made jsut one of those he would have won. and thats why tiger is clutch...because he can putt.

B17a
06-18-2008, 10:23 AM
Looks like Tiger is done for the season. The tourney really bunged up his knee it seems.

syeve
06-18-2008, 11:36 AM
watch the ratings drop like a rock...pga will hurt from this.

Ajay
06-18-2008, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by syeve
watch the ratings drop like a rock...pga will hurt from this.

I don't know if it will hurt that badly. There's a lot of big draws still out there.

Phil Mickelson, Bubba Watson, Boo Weekly....those guys are all fan favorites as well and not half bad. They just aren't as fan favorites as Tiger is.

With Tiger out for the year that kind of levels the playing field. If Tiger was in a tournament he was your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choice to win it but with him out it's more open.

That US Open must have really did a number on his knee.

95teetee
06-18-2008, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by syeve
watch the ratings drop like a rock...pga will hurt from this. yep- even when he's out of contention on a Sunday the ratings fall like a rock- I know I don't watch golf unless Tiger's in the hunt (or Weir or Ames, but how often does that happen)

phrozen
06-18-2008, 06:07 PM
Tiger Woods sucks, no offense but I'm sure if golf was a true sport it would be in the Olympics.

buh_buh
06-18-2008, 06:11 PM
yes I guess baseball, football, tennis, soccer, rugby among others aren't true sports either.

95teetee
06-18-2008, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
yes I guess baseball, football, tennis, soccer, rugby among others aren't true sports either. but ping pong, archery, and ice dancing are:rofl:

syeve
06-19-2008, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by phrozen
Tiger Woods sucks, no offense but I'm sure if golf was a true sport it would be in the Olympics.

Originally posted by buh_buh
yes I guess baseball, football, tennis, soccer, rugby among others aren't true sports either.

Originally posted by 95teetee
but ping pong, archery, and ice dancing are:rofl:

phrozen, are you an ice dancer?

:D