PDA

View Full Version : Recomendations for labor Lawyer

MintRacer
06-16-2008, 02:40 PM
I'm looking for a lawyer that handels cases for wrongful dismissal and such.

Boosted_TL
06-16-2008, 02:43 PM
Before you waste your coin, why dont you shed some light on what happened and I am sure some of us could help you out.

Canadian 2.5RS
06-16-2008, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Boosted_TL
Before you waste your coin, why dont you shed some light on what happened and I am sure some of us could help you out.

yeah because that usually works out :rolleyes: ...have you ever even read one of these posts?

You will have 12 different conflicting opinions (that is the key word here), and everyone else will just tell him to contact a lawyer and not listen to people on a car forum.

Pisshhh '04
;)

OP: sorry i cant help you with a lawyer but you are on the right track...find one and take his advice. Contacting a lawyer about legal matters is not a waste of coin...it's what people do in situations like this. It never helps your case to post it on beyond...unless you need some mad CSI skills that is.

Weapon_R
06-16-2008, 04:22 PM
Can you PM me more information? I might be able to help you.

Kritafo
06-16-2008, 04:22 PM
It would be a good read, but if you work for a big company you will almost be wasting your time. You will have to see if they use a risk management team.
Otherwise I would make an appointment with one of these, see if you have a case.

http://www.canadalegal.com/search.asp?f=25&a=29&s=5

BananaFob
06-16-2008, 06:39 PM
You might want to check with Alberta Employment Standards first. They will assign you a representative to seek arbitration first. I know because I've been taken to it as an employer before ;) They're down on 7th ave and 5th or 6th street.

http://employment.alberta.ca/cps/rde/xchg/hre/hs.xsl/1697.html

MintRacer
06-17-2008, 04:50 AM
I would say my company is fairly large but definately not a international company or anything. They definately do not have any risk management team. The owner has a lawyer that handles most of any issues that arise.

I don't think I would want to seek arbitration, as that would just get me the bare minimum compensation.

I was under the impression that most courts would side with the little guy as employers are more in postion to take advantage of the employee. So in turn you can actually sue for more than just the 2 or 3 weeks pay.

lint
06-17-2008, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by MintRacer
I would say my company is fairly large but definately not a international company or anything. They definately do not have any risk management team. The owner has a lawyer that handles most of any issues that arise.

I don't think I would want to seek arbitration, as that would just get me the bare minimum compensation.

I was under the impression that most courts would side with the little guy as employers are more in postion to take advantage of the employee. So in turn you can actually sue for more than just the 2 or 3 weeks pay.

Interesting that your first post talks about wrongful dimissal but now you're talking about suing to get the most out of a former employer. BTW, arbitration would get you fare compensation, not the bare minimum as you put it. Good luck trying to sue for more than 2 weeks compensation. And where did you ever get the idea that the courts side with the little guy?

bobby_lu
06-17-2008, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by lint

And where did you ever get the idea that the courts side with the little guy?

Judge Joe Brown!

lint
06-17-2008, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by bobby_lu

Judge Joe Brown!

I forgot, this is the TV generation.

MintRacer
06-17-2008, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by lint

Interesting that your first post talks about wrongful dimissal but now you're talking about suing to get the most out of a former employer. BTW, arbitration would get you fare compensation, not the bare minimum as you put it. Good luck trying to sue for more than 2 weeks compensation. And where did you ever get the idea that the courts side with the little guy?

Just to clarify I was looking for a lawyer that delt with the wrongful dismissal subject. I'm still employed however I'm definately being pushed to leave the company.

I was reading this article when I figured I should talk to a lawyer.

http://content.monster.ca/6607_en-CA_p1.asp?WT.mc_n=CRMCA000001

lint
06-17-2008, 10:41 AM
Talk to someone here:
http://www.mross.com/law/Expertise/Labour+%26+Employment

based on my conversations with them on a similar subject, I don't think they'll agree with all the points of the monster article. But good luck nonetheless.