PDA

View Full Version : Milestones - Market Mall

DJ_NAV
06-17-2008, 08:55 AM
Heard good things about it so took my parents there for fathers day:
Service : 2/5. Appy's took about 45 minutes. It was nice that the manager comped them for us. But the entrees took about another 45 minutes after the appy's came out. Was not happy.

Quality/taste: 3.5/5. Appys were good.. I had the garlic bread and the south asian chicken. Entrees-->I was expecting it to be better, it was very simple, no surprise(or secret) ingriedents to make it special. They presentation was simple but it works.

Price : 3.5/5. Appetizers were about $9 and entrees ranged from $10 to $20. I had the pasta, red curry rice bowl and a sante fe breakfast burrito(all was shared). Total bill came to about $55 after tip and the comped appys.

Overall: 3/5. Would go there again for the ambiance... nice large windows, really nice lighting, tvs, bathroom. A good stop for drinks after a day of shopping. But for food maybe not... maybe it will be better on a weekday.

bulaian
06-17-2008, 09:03 AM
I've been there twice now and both times have been very good.

Our server was very attentive and prompt with drink orders, apps and entrees

I would definately recommend going on a weekday, or non holiday

ExtraSlow
06-17-2008, 09:07 AM
Don't go anywhere on a holiday in calgary.

teg_boya
06-17-2008, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
Don't go anywhere on a holiday in calgary.

^^ thanks for the great advice

GQBalla
06-17-2008, 09:26 AM
yeah milestones in market mall is just okay...

the one on 8th ave is way better much faster, less young buck kids that don't know how to do anything.

first and last time i went there
to start me and the gf ordered bombay gin and tonic, and 2 apps, some cheese bread and some platter with pita and like corn, mangoes and stuff ( i forget what it was called)

got the drinks after 20 minutes of being there, and after reminding the waitress 3 times..

got the drinks but no lime...or even a lemon...

20 minutes later or apps come out....still no lime..

reminded the waitress again. she comes back 10 minutes later saying they ran outta limes and the bartenders are cutting them.

i look over at the bar ( young buck guido kid trying to mack on his gay guido bar assistant laughin and trying to tap each others nuts....) i did this in high school....

asked the waitress for limes...again

finally 15 minutes later 2 limes come out on a plate that are honestly like sliver thin...
left with no tip....

Service : 1/5. apps too long to come out - no limes for A LONG FUCKEN TIME

Quality/taste: 3.5/5. Appys were good..

Price : 4/5. average price for apps
2 gin and tonics and 2 apps came to about 40 dollers

Overall: 2/5 wont be my choice to go back

analbumcover
06-17-2008, 11:46 AM
you rry rike rimes eh

teg_boya
06-17-2008, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by analbumcover
you rry rike rimes eh

:english:

403Gemini
06-17-2008, 03:05 PM
Have to agree with GQBalla, the one downtown is awesome, but the marketmall and the south centre one are atrocious.

QuasarCav
06-17-2008, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
Have to agree with GQBalla, the one downtown is awesome, but the marketmall and the south centre one are atrocious.

:werd:

You think with the demographic that they are targeting and the price they charge the food would be much better than your standard BP's. The new commercials make you think your eating lunch with 89Coupe.

GQBalla
06-17-2008, 03:35 PM
^^^:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Euro838
06-24-2008, 09:41 AM
I'd say those are excellent ratings for going on Father's day!

How long have they been open now? I think I'll give them another couple of months before going to the Market Mall location. The one on 8th is quite good.

mac_gurl
06-24-2008, 11:34 AM
We went to the milestones by southcentre. Sat down in the lounge for 20 minutes, and no one said ANYTHING to us... we looked over at the bar, and they were all goofing of. We left, knowing we will never be back there again.

Proyecto2000
06-24-2008, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

The new commercials make you think your eating lunch with 89Coupe.

:rofl:

ralliart_girl
06-24-2008, 12:15 PM
I love the one downtown.

Been to the in Market mall location twice....I honestly don't think that I will ever go there again...

JRSC00LUDE
06-24-2008, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by ralliart_girl
I love the one downtown.

Been to the in Market mall location twice....I honestly don't think that I will ever go there again...

That's just because I haven't offered to take you yet. ;)

ralliart_girl
06-24-2008, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

That's just because I haven't offered to take you yet. ;)

Well, in that case....I may have to reconsider....or suggest we should go elsewhere LOL

Trini
07-06-2008, 06:44 PM
lol

went on Sat. wasn't all that bad.
service was good, some nice eye candy..food nothing special to be honest

turbotrip
07-06-2008, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
The new commercials make you think your eating lunch with 89Coupe.

:rofl: :rofl:

Neil4Speed
07-06-2008, 08:29 PM
I have been to Milestones for dinner on Denman in Vancouver (the first one I believe) and the food was alright - slightly better than earls.

Me and a buddy on the Saturday morning after the bar were craving some breakfast. To our surprise Milestones was open for our favorite meal of the day. I was totally blown away, one of the best breakfasts I have ever had. It was a great mix of Sausage and Hashbrowns, topped with two eggs sunny side up and a hollandaise sauce. A great thing was that it was really well priced too, only a few bucks more than the trough (Dennys). Brilliant.

We had awesome service from a guy named Jay who moved here from one of the Vancouver locations - really chilled out server who was helpful.

Anyways Milestones breaky for the win.