PDA

View Full Version : The GTI Invasion has begun!

rage2
06-17-2008, 09:20 PM
One of the mods picked this up and stopped by my place. Everyone loves the GTI!

http://www.virgeweb.com/rage2/gtiwhite.jpg

Fully loaded with DSG and Leather. What a pimp car! Gonna do a proper photoshoot in the next few days. Gotta wash my car first!

Aleks
06-17-2008, 09:33 PM
Nice! Someone needs to buy a red one and a silver one next. :rofl:

Wheels look great. I don't think I've seen mirror caps on a GTI before.

PS did he get the new 2.0 TSI engine in it?

D'z Nutz
06-17-2008, 09:47 PM
Finally! :hitit:

CSMRX7
06-17-2008, 10:05 PM
After the ride along today at the track I am considering one as my new daily driver too!

ryanallan
06-17-2008, 10:08 PM
I like the RX8 in the background

rage2
06-17-2008, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Aleks
PS did he get the new 2.0 TSI engine in it?
Nope. FSI engine, chippable. Revo going in!

ZorroAMG
06-17-2008, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by ryanallan

Eww, really?

Nice GTI

nbaker00
06-17-2008, 11:31 PM
Nice nice,
That car in white/smoked wheels looks sweet....
Should have gone out with you in your GTI today on the track. Shawn was really surprised at your car's performance/handling. Maybe that was just the driver though:D

nismodrifter
06-18-2008, 04:09 AM
VW4LIFEFOOLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Good to see more VW's in the moderator crew.

Aleks
06-18-2008, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by rage2

Is TC all setup for it now?

redline
06-18-2008, 07:11 AM
how much do the interiors change from the base to the GTI? I was looking for a new winter beater and had considered the GTI but after sitting in a base car, i was not that impressed... and decided to move on...

heavyD
06-18-2008, 07:12 AM
Do you all have the 4-door models?

rage2
06-18-2008, 07:16 AM
Is TC all setup for it now?
Almost. I'll let you know when they are.

Originally posted by redline
how much do the interiors change from the base to the GTI? I was looking for a new winter beater and had considered the GTI but after sitting in a base car, i was not that impressed... and decided to move on...
I'm not a fan of the base interior (plaid cloth seats? comeon! haha). I opted for leather which is really nice since it comes heated seats (a must for a winter beater) and a sunroof. Only complaint is no power seats, and you have to adjust the seat tilt with that annoying big wheel. Not a huge deal, since I only setup my seat once anyways.

The '08's also come with the new dual zone climate control, which is awesome. I really like the interior in the leather package. They even have LED's that shine onto the interior to make it look pretty sweet at night.

Originally posted by heavyD
Do you all have the 4-door models?
Yep.

Aleks
06-18-2008, 07:34 AM

Are you asking from Base as in Rabbit to the GTI or GTI with leather vs non leather. Interior from Rabbit to GTI is quite a bit different. I've had both and while the Rabbit was a more comfortable car the GTI is a whole different car. I can't believe the HP rating is only 30hp apart. :banghead: :rofl:

Anyways the cloth seats in the GTI are ok but the leather ones are a lot nicer with bigger bolsters and nicer headrests in the front and back.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v481/gtileo/CIMG0965.jpg
http://photos-211.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v78/127/42/591750211/n591750211_814153_8032.jpg

VS

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk138/vdub2o3/IMG_0625.jpg
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w247/vbon28/Backseats.jpg

4doorj
06-18-2008, 07:41 AM
sweet car!

Redlyne_mr2
06-18-2008, 07:48 AM
I dont care what anyone says.. Ben started it all.

Nice car;)

tabouli
06-18-2008, 08:13 AM
These are nice cars, and I love the wheel color scheme on a white car.

It's confusing how someone with a mutant M3 has such an interest in the GTI.

rage2
06-18-2008, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by tabouli
It's confusing how someone with a mutant M3 has such an interest in the GTI.
Don't forget the Yaris, I fucking LOVE the Yaris too! :love:

What can I say? I love cars. The M3 is fun, but really, it pretty much rapes everyone on the road regardless of skill. That gets old day in and day out. Gotta mix it up here and there! The GTI and the Yaris is a totally different type of fun. I was lapping faster than a C4S in the GTI yesterday, and that's fun!

redline
06-18-2008, 08:31 AM

Are you asking from Base as in Rabbit to the GTI or GTI with leather vs non leather. Interior from Rabbit to GTI is quite a bit different. I've had both and while the Rabbit was a more comfortable car the GTI is a whole different car. I can't believe the HP rating is only 30hp apart. :banghead: :rofl:

Anyways the cloth seats in the GTI are ok but the leather ones are a lot nicer with bigger bolsters and nicer headrests in the front and back.

ok it is back to the VW dealer....

Who is the beyonder that works at a VW dealer and which dealer?

rage2
06-18-2008, 08:41 AM
ok it is back to the VW dealer....

Who is the beyonder that works at a VW dealer and which dealer?
If you wanna check the car out, you can beat the crap outta mine. I think we live pretty close so you can stop by whenever.

BTW - I have your ipod thingy for the M3. Been sitting at my house since DTP.

analbumcover
06-18-2008, 08:45 AM
One of the mods picked this up and stopped by my place. Everyone loves the GTI!

http://www.virgeweb.com/rage2/gtiwhite.jpg

Fully loaded with DSG and Leather. What a pimp car! Gonna do a proper photoshoot in the next few days. Gotta wash my car first!

wow that looks insane!

SOAB
06-18-2008, 08:51 AM
i'm a parts guy at South Centre Fine Cars.

i'm not sure what kind of deal you could get on a GTI though.

spyce
06-18-2008, 08:53 AM
Are you still able to pick it up in that orange color?
That would be a sick color to have for it

rage2
06-18-2008, 09:06 AM
There's not many deals to be had on the GTI. They're selling like hotcakes. You pretty much have to wait ~1 month to get the color combo you want. Cars on the lot sell fast, under a week.

The orange color is the Fahrenheit Edition. Only 1200 of them, and it's about $2500 above a fully loaded GTI. It comes fully loaded (Leather/DSG) with orange stitching throughout the car (even the floor mats), orange interior trim, and a serial # plate on the steering wheel. It also comes with a Fahrenheit specific wheels.

There's one rolling around Arbour Lake. Looks awesome.

Tik-Tok
06-18-2008, 09:27 AM

Screw the warranty, go for the APR Edition 30/S3 upgrade :bigpimp:

heavyD
06-18-2008, 09:35 AM
There's not many deals to be had on the GTI. They're selling like hotcakes. You pretty much have to wait ~1 month to get the color combo you want. Cars on the lot sell fast, under a week.

The orange color is the Fahrenheit Edition. Only 1200 of them, and it's about $2500 above a fully loaded GTI. It comes fully loaded (Leather/DSG) with orange stitching throughout the car (even the floor mats), orange interior trim, and a serial # plate on the steering wheel. It also comes with a Fahrenheit specific wheels.

There's one rolling around Arbour Lake. Looks awesome.

Man you are starting to sound like a VW salesman lol. I see that orange one all the time in the NW and surprisingly it looks really good.

Aleks
06-18-2008, 09:47 AM
Now lets see who's VW breaks down first :rofl:

rage2
06-18-2008, 10:03 AM
Man you are starting to sound like a VW salesman lol. I see that orange one all the time in the NW and surprisingly it looks really good.
hahaha ya, if only I got paid for it LOL. Honestly tho, I wouldn't praise a car so much unless I really loved it. Look at how much I've talked about the GTI since I got it vs the M3. I barely talked about the M3 (other than SMG).

And ya, that Fahrenheit is the shit. It's a great color, not your typical pylon orange orange.

Now lets see who's VW breaks down first :rofl:
I'm pretty sure I've driven mine the hardest. Smoke was pouring from my brakes by 9am yesterday.

D. Dub
06-18-2008, 10:22 AM
Love the classic plaid cloth seats!!!!! :eek:

Reminds me of the seats in my GTI back in ummmmm

Ok so I'm old.

GQBalla
06-18-2008, 10:26 AM
looks nice!

im loving the new GTI's

heavyD
06-18-2008, 10:49 AM
Look at how much I've talked about the GTI since I got it vs the M3. I barely talked about the M3 (other than SMG).

How does the DSG compare to the SMG? Does either have a S-sport mode (I don't believe the DSG does) like the TC-SST that shifts faster in automatic than you can in the paddles.

max_boost
06-18-2008, 11:39 AM
Which mod are we congratulating on the new car? :D

I have always liked the way they look. It looks best in white. I still need to drive one to see what all the hype is about. :burnout:

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
I dont care what anyone says.. Ben started it all.

haha true that. Him and Fluidic_Digital have always been all over the VW's.

Aleks
06-18-2008, 11:47 AM
Whatever happened to F_D?

danno
06-18-2008, 01:16 PM
so how many 07-08 gti's are there now on beyond??
i'm about to get my 32000km service figures are crossed on a cheap bill

rage2
06-18-2008, 01:38 PM
How does the DSG compare to the SMG? Does either have a S-sport mode (I don't believe the DSG does) like the TC-SST that shifts faster in automatic than you can in the paddles.
DSG is better in every way. A lot of people will complain that the DSG is too smooth, because it almost feels like a full automatic on upshifts. The SMG hammers on the clutch in 60ms on a shift so you really feel it. Downshifts, DSG takes it, u don't have to heel-toe to initiate a rev match. For some bizarre reason, you have to heel toe to match revs on the SMG-2. The SMG-3 (new M5) does it automatically, like the DSG. These 2 reasons alone make the DSG a perfect track tranny. Smooth == no upsetting of the chassis. You can shift mid corner and won't feel a thing.

For Auto mode, the DSG feels 95% like a normal automatic. The SMG feels like ass. DSG FTW, which is prob why BMW is going with DSG... err... M-DCT for the new M3.

Originally posted by max_boost
Which mod are we congratulating on the new car? :D
It's another guessing game.

rage2
06-18-2008, 01:52 PM
Nice! Someone needs to buy a red one and a silver one next. :rofl:
Oh ya, I hear rumors of a Silver one coming... and another white one. Multiplying like rabbits.

benyl
06-18-2008, 02:00 PM
I saw the car at TC Motorsports as it was being lowered.

15kms on the clock and it was lowered, with wheels and clear front markers. The owner wasted no time at all.

max_boost
06-18-2008, 02:05 PM
I'm guessing Kenny!!

BTW, how much is a loaded GTI out the door? Sunroof, leather, heated seats etc. No Nav (not sure if that's an option)

Any finance or lease deals right now?

benyl
06-18-2008, 02:12 PM
I'm guessing Kenny!!

Nope, try again... lol

rage2
06-18-2008, 02:13 PM
~$35.5k out the door with those options. No Navi from the dealer, but you can buy upgraded OEM ones and install it yourself. Perfect fit. I can get you $1k off if you swap the wheels out for 16 or 17's for winters.

Finance up to 3 yrs at 0.9%, lease is 4.9%.

Holy fuck I do sound like a VW sales guy.

Aleks
06-18-2008, 02:17 PM
I'm guessing Kenny!!

BTW, how much is a loaded GTI out the door? Sunroof, leather, heated seats etc. No Nav (not sure if that's an option)

Rough estimate from memory.

2 dr base is 27.9K
4 dr base add another 1K
DSG 1.4K
Leather/SR 2.6K
18s 1K

mid 30s all in for a loaded one.

kenny
06-18-2008, 02:29 PM
I'm guessing Kenny!!

I wish I was a mod, I'm just in First Gear :P

Team_Mclaren
06-18-2008, 02:45 PM
BebeAphrodite - no idea
Ben - Audi? still?
buh_buh - Some shoe
cocoabrova - x5
D'z Nutz - WRX?
defekt1 - no idea
EK 2.0 - some rice out civic with blue rims
eur0 - no idea
gkAeris - doesnt know how to drive so no
JAYMEZ - imaginary Supra that possibly doesnt exist
kevie88 - STi
LUDELVR - anything that moves
max_boost - SLK, Civic, WRX
nismodrifter - TDi fanboy
Redlyne_mr2 - some toyota
Superesc - no idea
Team_Mclaren - rental car
Weapon_R - civic
Zephyr - IS

unless there are other mods out there, which there are i know, i dont know who else ... lol

max_boost
06-18-2008, 03:13 PM
It might be Cocoabrova since he works at VW I believe.

So has anyone ran the GTI at race city yet? It's turbo so they must be mod friendly. Is it as simple as buying some software, plug it in, get an exhaust and an instant +70hp? Reliable? Won't get in shit from the dealer kind of deal?

rage2
06-18-2008, 03:44 PM
Cocoabrova told me today that Aleks ran a 13.9 at race city in his bone stock? That's the same speed as a E46 M3. Explains why I couldn't pull on mine when it was stock.

Eleanor
06-18-2008, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by kenny

I wish I was a mod, I'm just in First Gear :P

Hey you finally made 100 posts! (In 6 years :rofl: ) Congrats :thumbsup:

calgarydub
06-18-2008, 04:58 PM
Nice. I wish I could join the super cool MK5 GTI beyond club.

Mk4 life. :nut:

bart
06-18-2008, 05:20 PM
the gti is the new civic on beyond ;) haha

QuasarCav
06-18-2008, 05:26 PM
Cocoabrova told me today that Aleks ran a 13.9 at race city in his bone stock? That's the same speed as a E46 M3. Explains why I couldn't pull on mine when it was stock.

Holy shit! Is that with the Azeni's and suspension?

It walked away from the GSR like it was standing still in 2nd gear.

danno
06-18-2008, 05:31 PM
does concept one still do free trials on chips??? i remember hearing about it but not checking it out.

i'm ready for the mk5 gti meet.:D

schocker
06-18-2008, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by danno
does concept one still do free trials on chips??? i remember hearing about it but not checking it out.

i'm ready for the mk5 gti meet.:D
i think they still do the apr trial.

danno
06-18-2008, 06:03 PM
ok i thought it was apr, but wasn't sure. i'll try to call tomorrow and check

calgarydub
06-18-2008, 08:23 PM
Yeah its APR. I have the 93 and 91 octane programs for my 2002 GTI and they are pretty good. I love that I can switch between programs through my cruise control.

http://concept1.ca/Eng%20Chips%20DETAILS/APR%20Chip%20Tuning%202-0T%20MK5.htm

Some nice numbers too.

EXAMPLE RESULTS

2.0T MK5 GTI
93 Octane Tuned Program: Car now produces 252 hp / 303 lb-ft
91 Octane Tuned Program: Car now produces 246 hp / 282 lb-ft

Aleks
06-18-2008, 08:31 PM

I wish.

It was 14.7 which on that night was on par or slightly quicker than the MS3 that was there and about a second + than the SI

I am probably going to head out again Friday. You guys should come out, no better way to break the white one in right?

danno
06-18-2008, 10:24 PM
i'll try and make it to race city i have a white 2 door with black 19's so almost the same car in the first post.

aleks i see you in the morning some times, although i'm in my work van so you wouldn't notice my car.

those are some sweet numbers for $800 or so.

Aleks
06-19-2008, 07:04 AM
i'll try and make it to race city i have a white 2 door with black 19's so almost the same car in the first post.

aleks i see you in the morning some times, although i'm in my work van so you wouldn't notice my car.

those are some sweet numbers for $800 or so.

Sweet, If you come I'll see you there.

I have a boost gauge thats sitting in my basement that I'm gonna put in. Without it I have no idea what the car is doing. I am going to try out the Revo as well, as soon as the guys at TC ready for it.

Supa Dexta
06-19-2008, 07:26 AM
Off topic, but what ever happened to rage taking the 3 to the track for one blast? Any plans? I don't think I missed it.

rage2
06-19-2008, 07:31 AM
I haven't gone yet. 6 weeks of rain didn't help. Still gotta practice my launches.

Supa Dexta
06-19-2008, 07:35 AM
Yeah I hear ya.. I haven't seen the sun here in NS for 2 weeks. I'll be bouncing around calg/edm and van island the next month or so, hopefully I land in calgary when it runs. :burnout:

Tik-Tok
06-19-2008, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by bart
the gti is the new civic on beyond ;) haha

Are you kidding? With the Rage2 seal of approval, it's going to be the new BMW 3 series :rofl:

max_boost
06-19-2008, 12:30 PM

I wish.

It was 14.7 which on that night was on par or slightly quicker than the MS3 that was there and about a second + than the SI

I am probably going to head out again Friday. You guys should come out, no better way to break the white one in right?

That was bone stock right?

It'll be exciting to see your numbers after some mods :D:burnout:

blinkme_210
06-19-2008, 07:33 PM
The more you guys talk & post pics of the GTI, the more I want one. Would never expect it to beat a stock E46 M3.

Herb
06-19-2008, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by calgarydub
Nice. I wish I could join the super cool MK5 GTI beyond club.

Mk4 life. :nut:

MKV Rabbit, Close Enough, one day ill be keeping up with you guys C2Motorsport Stage 2 Turbo - 250whp+, one day
:poosie:

Aleks
06-19-2008, 08:40 PM

yeah
I don't know how much more modding the GTI will get. The car is a perfect blend of luxury and performance for me the way it is. I am thinking of picking up another cheaper car to occupy my time. :D

danno
06-19-2008, 09:48 PM

yeah
I don't know how much more modding the GTI will get. The car is a perfect blend of luxury and performance for me the way it is. I am thinking of picking up another cheaper car to occupy my time. :D

that's exactly what i think to, except i will get a bike as my toy. but i would like to see what it's like with a chip....

Aleks
06-19-2008, 10:04 PM

that's exactly what i think to, except i will get a bike as my toy. but i would like to see what it's like with a chip....

Call andrew at C1 and make an appt for a trial. it's free and it will last 6 hours of driving time.

redline
06-19-2008, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Herb

MKV Rabbit, Close Enough, one day ill be keeping up with you guys C2Motorsport Stage 2 Turbo - 250whp+, one day
:poosie:

waste of time just sell the car and buy a GTI

Herb
06-20-2008, 12:46 AM

waste of time just sell the car and buy a GTI

Where the fun in that, ill rather build a fast car then buy one

gpomp
06-20-2008, 12:55 AM

Where the fun in that, ill rather build a fast car then buy one your attitude will change after you void your warranty and your car breaks down.

SR20B13
06-20-2008, 01:05 AM
HEy seen this car in Hidden Valley today/tonite pretty sick ride. when i worked for veedub thats all i did was drive these and the Ferinheit ones

heavyD
06-20-2008, 07:15 AM
Where the fun in that, ill rather build a fast car then buy one

You want to learn the hard way do you?

fast stock car > modded slow car

redline
06-20-2008, 03:58 PM

You want to learn the hard way do you?

fast stock car > modded slow car

:werd:

Redlyne_mr2
06-27-2008, 08:27 PM
Marc installs KW variant coilovers.. removes the rear perch to slam it
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3080/2596274934_9f42628f3b.jpg

and his oldschool whip
http://fatlace.com/arcenal/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/bug1.jpg

2002civic
06-28-2008, 08:02 AM
i love driving these at work

cam_wmh
06-28-2008, 11:52 AM
oh damn that bug is hot.

ThisPersian
06-28-2008, 12:02 PM
the red lines on the exterior gives it soo much character
whoever thought it up, was genius

TomcoPDR
08-03-2008, 03:35 PM

This thread has my interest... friend in the East has one (Fahrenheit) and these things can boogy (the GTI's general)

Pretty good bang for the buck...

But when you say only 1,200 are you talking about worldwide? Cuz the serial # on his says (his#) out of 150 :dunno:

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/100_2208.jpg

Aleks
08-03-2008, 04:05 PM

14.4 @ 97 with just the 91 octane program. 2.3s 60ft. With drag radial low 14s/ high 13s are within reach. The car surprises a lot of people. We'll see how it holds up.

max_boost
08-03-2008, 05:32 PM

14.4 @ 97 with just the 91 octane program. 2.3s 60ft. With drag radial low 14s/ high 13s are within reach. The car surprises a lot of people. We'll see how it holds up.

So Cobb Stage2 WRX still a bit faster eh? :D :burnout:

Aleks
08-03-2008, 05:50 PM

So Cobb Stage2 WRX still a bit faster eh? :D :burnout:

It's fairly close. The GTI right now traps higher than my WRX ever did. :D If I could get the GTI to run a 60 foot like I had with my WRX it would be in the 13s most likely.

gpomp
08-03-2008, 05:50 PM
what did the wrx trap?

Aleks
08-03-2008, 05:53 PM
94-95 mph with Stage 2

gpomp
08-03-2008, 05:56 PM
3 mph is quite a bit faster

pinoyhero
08-03-2008, 05:59 PM
Looks great, love that interior

GTI_Fahrenheit
08-03-2008, 10:04 PM
150 for Canada,
1,200 for US

Originally posted by TomcoPDR

This thread has my interest... friend in the East has one (Fahrenheit) and these things can boogy (the GTI's general)

Pretty good bang for the buck...

But when you say only 1,200 are you talking about worldwide? Cuz the serial # on his says (his#) out of 150 :dunno:

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/100_2208.jpg

TomcoPDR
08-03-2008, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by GTI_Fahrenheit
150 for Canada,
1,200 for US

Thx, my friend cleared that up tonight too.

So I'm guessing you're one of the 150 owners too :)

And the US got the yellow Jetta's Fahrenheit too apparently

GTI_Fahrenheit
08-03-2008, 11:08 PM

tawheed
08-03-2008, 11:16 PM
my buddy has a an '07 with VERY little km on it for sale, still under warranty for a good price if anyone is looking?

DeeK
08-03-2008, 11:40 PM
Awesome, More VW's maybe we will see you guys at Das Volks next year?

Skip the GTI, go with the R32 :P

Lex350
08-04-2008, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by ryanallan

I sear that's my old RX8 in the background...looks like the strakes are color matched. :dunno:

BTW....the GTI looks good.

Repofspeed
08-04-2008, 05:40 AM
Out of curiosity does anyone know if the US market navi's work in Canada?

rage2
08-04-2008, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by DeeK
Awesome, More VW's maybe we will see you guys at Das Volks next year?

Skip the GTI, go with the R32 :P
The R32 is slower than a GTI at this elevation.

Quickstrike
08-04-2008, 10:05 AM
The Golf MKVI is in the works. Here (http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1441) are some screens and info.

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/2081/attachmentes3.jpg

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/3896/attachmentuz8.jpg

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/8921/attachmentvn7.jpg

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/8792/attachmentcp7.jpg

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/9484/attachmentqc0.jpg

Photos of the all-new sixth generation VW Golf have leaked out just a few days prior to its official media release. Set to make its public debut in Paris this October, the hugely important Golf VI represents VW's best selling model as well as one of the best selling models in the world.

Despite positive reviews from the press for its driving performance and attractive interior, exterior design was to blame for the slow selling Golf V in Europe. Additionally, blaming high production expenses as a result of a lengthy per unit manufacturing time, VW brass set out to cut their losses and push development of a new MK VI Golf which is based on the current MK V platform – just nipped and tucked in all of the right places for a faster turnaround time.

For the exterior design, which was overseen by Volkswagen's head designer, Walter de Silva, top execs sought a design that was conservatively evolving off of the MK V yet somewhat sexier with a more aggressive stance as the vehicle gets a more purposeful looking front end plus a hovering slammed effect as the wheels fill the wheel arches nicely.

The Golf VI will have three and five door versions, a rumoured cabriolet and of course the GTI which may get a glass roof. A new 1.6-liter TFSI engine is also said to be on the plans generating about 200 bhp, however, the Golf VI is set to get a new entry level engine below the 1.4-liter TSI found in the current generation. According to Wolfgang Steiger, VW's manager for powertrain research, tells the new generation Golf will offer either a 1.0-liter or 1.2-liter engine producing 75 horsepower. A final decision on which displacement will be used is yet to be finalised. It will depend on whether VW management decides on three or four cylinders.

Diesel engines are also expected to equip the hatchback, both in BlueMotion and twin-drive plug-in hybrid versions which are scheduled for release from 2010. The GTI will get even more power than the current model with an engine delivering 230 hp, and an even hotter 4Motion performance edition along the lines of the current R32 producing 265 hp following later.

Source. (http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1441)

ragu
08-04-2008, 01:53 PM
MKV looks better IMO...:dunno:

Quickstrike
08-04-2008, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by ragu
MKV looks better IMO...:dunno:

Keep in mind that is just the plain-jane golf/rabbit body. Usually the GTI/R32 variants look more aggressive/better.

thordin
08-05-2008, 02:21 AM
wow. Fahrenheit sounds and looks dope. Now that my car was written off. Maybe I'll b the next owner... if any are left. Doubtfully tho.