PDA

View Full Version : DieCast Car Models

Ben
08-07-2002, 02:02 AM
Wheres a good place to buy these...

I would like Audis, Porsches, BMW's Skylines and RX7's...

Dont care what make they are, as long as they are decent detail...

1:32 or 1:24 size...

Dont want to pay more than $30 per car...

James
08-07-2002, 02:13 AM
Metal or Plastic? :dunno:
Theres a place on the west side of Mcleod just North of Chinook. "______ hobby shop" forget the name, was in there last week, they have alot of models. Seen several Skylines,RX7's, Supras, etc... Next time your in Edmonton, theres a pretty good place in WEM that has a huge selection of model cars, I actually Found a Model of an '88 MR2, didnt think I would come across that anywhere.:thumbsup:

Redlyne_mr2
08-07-2002, 09:27 AM
walmart ahs a ton of them..I bought the hotwheels civic diecast there, an f50, an mr2 spyder, a 300zx, an rx7, a skyline, they have everything

bol
08-07-2002, 09:49 AM
I second the place just north of chinook and I can't think of the name either for some reason. It's hard to miss though.

PM has some decent models, but most are expensive, sometimes you can find good deals though, like my $20 BMW 328Ci! In piss yellow though...

Ferio_vti
08-07-2002, 09:51 AM
There's Chinook Hobbies on Macleod. Hobbies guys on 16th ave ne. Pm hobbycraft (formly known as PMS hobby) on 32 ave, they have the best selection. Get ready to see moths fly out of your wallet. I've never seen so many sweet cars.

$30?? I'd go with Redlyne and check walmart. Diecast cars aren't cheap, good one run about $60+.

If you have time and patiences get a plastic model. PM has some nice JDM cars in stock. EK-9 TypeRs, Evo v,vi and VII, RX-7s, Skylines, Imprezas. Even a few Honda Odesseys.

I've got a few models, though I haven't got around to building this year.

Davan
08-07-2002, 01:40 PM
I've recently done an SLK, 68 Mustang, and am working on a 68 Charger. I got them all from either Zellers or Wal-Mart! :)

Ben
08-07-2002, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Davan
I've recently done an SLK, 68 Mustang, and am working on a 68 Charger. I got them all from either Zellers or Wal-Mart! :)

Yes, thats what I'm talking about!

I'm gonna go blow some coin at Zellers!

D'z Nutz
08-07-2002, 02:25 PM
Superstore carries some good ones once in a while. I picked up a CLK-GTR for like $8 a few years back (with the use of the gas station coupons).

Davan
08-07-2002, 03:37 PM
Yeah, you gotta get lucky. One zellers won't have the same models as another zellers. If you're looking for a particular car, you may have to do some driving around. :)

The SLK I did recently was right on 30 bucks. The charger and mustang were closer to 20 a peice.

4wheeldrift
08-07-2002, 05:28 PM
Speedville carries a few. They had them on sale last time I was in, got a die cast model of a Lancia Stratos for $45.

HRD2PLZ
08-08-2002, 08:05 AM
There is also a place on Elbow Drive (just off Anderson Road) I forget what they are called. Used to be in Southcentre Mall. All they sell is die-cast car models.

Oh- Its called Car Collectibles

sometimes you can also find these at Wal-Mart, Superstore and Toys R US.

PMS Hobbycraft in the North (32nd Ave before Barlow Tr) also carries a whole bunch of these...