PDA

View Full Version : Ejoyed some fantastic restaurants while in Vegas

89coupe
06-17-2008, 09:21 PM
If you are in Vegas and want to try some great restaurants here are some that we tried.

1.) L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon - This was the best restaurant experience I have had in Vegas and on par with Lumiere's for taste, satisfaction and service. Absolutely an amazing restaurant. We had the Discovery menu which is a 10 course meal and for fun added an extra dessert because of how cool it was...lol. I even took a video of the final dessert because of the presentation. Stupid me though, I had my mini camera sideways to get everything into the video and so you have to turn your head sideways to watch it. I'm not sure how to flip it right side up, if you know how let me know?

Dessert video - http://www.designsanew.com/L'Atelier.wmv (Basically it was a vanilla chocolate shell encasing a scoop of freshly made vanilla ice cream and fresh raspberries, they poured a hot raspberry sauce over the shell that broke it open to expose what was inside)
Menu - http://www.designsanew.com/lasvegas/IMG_2691s.JPG
Menu up close - http://www.designsanew.com/lasvegas/IMG_2693s.JPG
The kitchen which u sat around http://www.designsanew.com/lasvegas/IMG_2696s.JPG

2.) Michael Mina's - This was our 2nd pick for fine dining. Again we tried a tasting menu, The Cookbook menu, it was a 5 course meal and with it we got the wine pairings. The food was very nice, but I felt the service could have been a little more intimate and personal for the price you were paying. The overall setting of the restaurant was a little too bright for me and took away from the dining experience IMO. I don't think I would go back.

Menu - http://www.michaelmina.net/mm_lasvegas/pdf/cookbook_menu.pdf

3.) Mesa Grill - This is Bobby Flay's restaurant in Caesar's and it was excellent! We had lunch here and the food and service was top notch. For an app we had the Blue Corn Pancake and for our main dish I had the Barbecued Lamb Cobb Salad & the GF had the Grilled Mahi Mahi. I would definitely go back here.

4.) Joes Seafood Prime Steak & Stone Crab - If you are really hungry and want to get stuffed, this is the place to go. HUGE portions of food for a reasonable price. The Stone Crab was to die for.

5.) Wolfgang Pucks, Spago - We had lunch here and well, wasn't overly impressed. For an app I had a dozen iced otter oysters which were very good and for a main course had the Alaskan Halibut and the GF had the Margherita Pizza. The food was ok but not what I was expecting from such a famous chef's restaurant.

schocker
06-17-2008, 09:29 PM
I certainly hope those were all $95 w/o drinks

first one looks quite good though

max_boost
06-18-2008, 12:07 AM
Joes Seafood Prime Steak & Stone Crab

Loved this place!! 100% agree on the stone crab. I want some now. :drool:

JordanEG6
06-18-2008, 08:36 AM
Where is Joes Seafood Prime Steak & Stone Crab located??

89coupe
06-18-2008, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by JordanEG6
Where is Joes Seafood Prime Steak & Stone Crab located??

The Forum Shop's by Caesar's

Tik-Tok
06-18-2008, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by 89coupe

5.) Wolfgang Pucks, Spago -

I had a thumb war with his hand at the entrance :rofl:

For sushi...

Shibuya (MGM Grand) - We had the chef's menu, 10 course meal. BEST sushi I've ever had in my life :drool: . No price on it though, when the bill came I felt like 89coupe. (total with drinks and tip was $430 for 2 :eek: )

So yeah... don't go unless you have money to burn.

JordanEG6
06-18-2008, 09:29 AM

The Forum Shop's by Caesar's

Excellent. We're planning on staying there at Ceasars anyways, that just makes it more convenient now. I think I'll check it out.

89coupe
06-18-2008, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by JordanEG6

Excellent. We're planning on staying there at Ceasars anyways, that just makes it more convenient now. I think I'll check it out.

Be sure to try Mesa Grill, even better then Joe's.

Joe's is best for its Stone Crab, the rest of the food was good but not fantastic.

Blue CRX
06-18-2008, 11:51 AM
Nobu's at the Hardrock was very good. $50 an ounce for kobe beef was to die for

max_boost
06-18-2008, 12:56 PM
Just a question about the tasting menu. Is the price listed?

I don't mind spending $600+ or whatever but just like to know how much I'm paying ahead of time. :D

89coupe
06-18-2008, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Just a question about the tasting menu. Is the price listed?

I don't mind spending $600+ or whatever but just like to know how much I'm paying ahead of time. :D

You asking me?

If you are, yes.

L'Atelier's was $148/person plus tip and taxes.
Michael Mina's was $125/person & an extra $75/person if you got the wine pairing plus tip and taxes.

My bill for L'Atelier's was $529.00 total and the Michael Mina's was $520.00. We had drinks and an extra dessert, so that upped the bill a little.

max_boost
06-18-2008, 04:34 PM
^^^

Cool.

What are the portions like on a tasting menu? Are they bite size? I mean do you actually get full off of a 5-10 course meal? I take it you are supposed to eat slowly to really taste the quality right? I don't know if I should even really try some of these higher end places. I like having food in front of me and I eat fast! Typical Chinese style lol

brown_guy
06-18-2008, 04:39 PM
Tamba is real good if you like brown food make sure you get the cherry Naan bread it's ...........like so good:drool:

89coupe
06-18-2008, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
^^^

Cool.

What are the portions like on a tasting menu? Are they bite size? I mean do you actually get full off of a 5-10 course meal? I take it you are supposed to eat slowly to really taste the quality right? I don't know if I should even really try some of these higher end places. I like having food in front of me and I eat fast! Typical Chinese style lol

They are tasting portions, so not a lot, but by the end your are indeed full.

ekguy
06-18-2008, 07:06 PM

They are tasting portions, so not a lot, but by the end your are indeed full.

I would hope so for a 10 course meal tasting menu or not hehe. Looks like you enjoyed some good food.

npham
06-21-2008, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

I had a thumb war with his hand at the entrance :rofl:

For sushi...

Shibuya (MGM Grand) - We had the chef's menu, 10 course meal. BEST sushi I've ever had in my life :drool: . No price on it though, when the bill came I felt like 89coupe. (total with drinks and tip was $430 for 2 :eek: )

So yeah... don't go unless you have money to burn.

That place is amazing. The apps and the Miso was easily the best part of the meal. Not the best sushi I've ever had, but it was still better than anything from Calgary. The dining experience was easily one of the best ones I've ever had too.