PDA

View Full Version : Assumable car payment question.

Darkane
06-17-2008, 09:55 PM
Was just wondering, If I were to assume somone's payments, could I go to the dealership and pay out the remaining balance instead of the payments?

I know I could just pay the person but they always want to make a grand on top it seems.

Thanks

That.Guy.S30
06-17-2008, 10:25 PM
^ well technically, wouldnt u have to transfer everything over, to get the title, bill of sale, etc. if so, then wouldnt u transfer the remaining of the loan into your name?

that aside, you need his account number. you cant pay the dealership since they go through different loan companies. once u have the account number u can call in for the balance. send them a check. they will send u a letter confirmation. you can also ask for another letter so you can get the tittle at the regsitry.

nbaker00
06-17-2008, 10:32 PM
^^
I believe you would have to actually go through the entire finance process. Complete credit app, sign all papers etc, then you can pay out the loan to the finance or lease company..
Or you can just get the current owner to get the payout, and just get him to pay it out, and you buy it off him..

Either way...