06-18-2008, 03:29 AM
Year : 1992
Make : Honda
Model : Civic
Type : Hatch right hand drive
Color : Dark Blue
Interior : Tan
License Plate : VGJ 170
Specifics : White 15 inch Enkei NT03 (+M?), Fujitsubo exhaust, J's racing intake (whale penis), JDMSource stickers on the rear side windows, lowered and the window visors are no longer on the car.

Stolen in front of my house as I ran after it, 28th Ave and 56st N.E. behind the Leisure Centre @ 1:30am. They hit my van while taking off so there's damage to the front right (missing turn signal).

Last seen running a red light through Rundlehorn Drive and 36 St. N.E.

**Update**
Whoa, CPS and RCMP were on their game on this one. The asshole ditched the car around High River with RCMP in pursuit and the CPS K9 unit is searching the area now.

Damage is unknown at this point but he did go off the road. All the constable said was he hot wired the car.

Thanks, Ricardo
http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/9137/eg6zl7.jpg

Stealth22
06-18-2008, 09:02 AM
Glad to hear the cops spotted it! Hope the damage isn't bad! :thumbsup:

jdmakkord
06-18-2008, 09:05 AM
Do any of these "JDM" cars that have been jacked this week have alarms?

gretz
06-18-2008, 09:07 AM
im in high river, where did it happen? Hope the get him/her

teg_boya
06-18-2008, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by jdmakkord
Do any of these "JDM" cars that have been jacked this week have alarms?

ya i was wondering the same thing. it seems like these RHD vehicles are being targeted more then any other type of car. is it because insurance companies deal with these cars differently or just because thieves like jdm?

revelations
06-18-2008, 10:07 AM
Ask yourself if your insurance deductible for theft is less than the price of an immobilizing alarm system (at least the simple ones to deter the opportunists) and do the math.

My 2500$ truck has one....simply because I dont want to deal with the scenario.

95EG6P
06-18-2008, 10:15 AM
I'm glad they found the car, you need an alarm on your baby.

jdmXSI
06-18-2008, 10:19 AM
Wow thats crazy, i saw your car when i was coming home around 12:30-1am. Glad to hear you got her back though! Should get a "club" or something.

alloroc
06-18-2008, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by teg_boya

ya i was wondering the same thing. it seems like these RHD vehicles are being targeted more then any other type of car. is it because insurance companies deal with these cars differently or just because thieves like jdm?

They are targets for a couple of reasons.

First they have to be 15+ years older to import. Most newer cars have engine immobilizers, or intrusion alarms and are keyed slightly better. I know my (North American) purchased supra -1985 gets broken into bi-weekly in the summer time.
I accidently locked my keys in the car and was able to get in in a matter of seconds as the older locks are both worn and second rate...

The car really is a worn out dirty POS, I am sure once anyone gets inside all they really want to do is get out. I have nothing of value in it and the only time the prowlings becomes a problem is when the thieves leave my door open and the battery dies. Truthfully if they stole it I would get more cash from the insurance than I would from parting it out (which I am going to do in the next few weeks anyway)

On the other hand most of the imported cars are a little nicer, have mods, stereos, and some change laying around in a console, but they are still easy to break into.

Of course they are going to be a target.

nine5ej1
06-18-2008, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by gretz
im in high river, where did it happen? Hope the get him/her

They found the car in High River but it happened in the N.E.

Thanks guys and no it did not have an alarm. I know... I know.

The RCMP said the damage is minimal but I won't be able to see it until forensics is done and it's brought back to Calgary.

Just a heads up guys, this douche bag was riding with 2 other guys that were following him in a white eg. I didn't get a clear view of them as they blew through many red lights as I chased them.

Fuck, if I was 2 minutes faster this mother fucker would have met my 9 iron...

nine5ej1
06-18-2008, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by jdmXSI
Wow thats crazy, i saw your car when i was coming home around 12:30-1am. Glad to hear you got her back though! Should get a "club" or something.

Depending on the damage I might not put her back on the road. If I do I won't drive it until it has alarm, fuel cut, removable steering wheel and some other surprises.

BTW I've seen your teg, nice :thumbsup:

alloroc
06-18-2008, 01:53 PM
I'm thinking i am going to soak my Supra interior, seat bottom and steering wheel, with Red Penetrant testing dye just for kicks.

So if you happen to see one in the junkyard in 4 months check before you sit in it. :eek: