PDA

View Full Version : LOTR : Twin Towers..

fast95pony
08-27-2003, 07:44 AM
Picked it up yesterday. Awesome movie !! I saw it at the theatre , but I didn't remember some of the scenes. The neighbors were at work,so I cranked up the surround sound,disconnected the phone , and watched the whole 3 hours uninterrupted. The special features DVD is good too..

Any other Lord of the Rings fans ???

Moonracer
08-27-2003, 07:46 AM
I'm not a huge fan but I certainly like it and can't wait to play it on the ol' surround system though should be awesome!

accordboi_02
08-27-2003, 09:32 AM
I'm not buying it.
They are releasing a Special Edition again with all of the deleted scenes, so no point in wasting money on this one when I can get a MUCH better version of the movie in a couple months!

:thumbsup:

lammer
08-27-2003, 09:33 AM
I can't wait till the return of the King.

The fight scenes in the Twin Towers were totally amazing.

B17a
08-27-2003, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by accordboi_02
I'm not buying it.
They are releasing a Special Edition again with all of the deleted scenes, so no point in wasting money on this one when I can get a MUCH better version of the movie in a couple months!

:thumbsup: Ditto! I bought the Extended Version of Fellowship of the Rings, soooo much better. It's long as hell but explains a lot more. I wasn't into it at first but I'm all over it now, can't wait for Return of the King!

LUDELVR
08-27-2003, 10:11 AM
I've only seen half of it but that was on vcd so I'm loooking forward to watching it again! Only thing is that I'm gonna wait to buy the second edition again, cuz I was fooled by the first one! Fucking shitty ass producers, always trying to make a buck!! haha, you buy the first one and then on that dvd they tell you to watch for the better version coming out in 6 months!!! stupid fuckers!!! :rofl: :rofl:

DJ Lazy
08-27-2003, 10:26 AM
I will be buying it... today after school.. I didn't give a shit about the extras that came on the first SPECIAL EDITION... so no point in waiting to get this one... I just want the MOVIE.. LOL:rofl:

mwmhong
08-27-2003, 10:31 AM
Solution: RENT the theatrical edition and BUY the extended edition. :thumbsup:

Looks like they've gone a bit overboard with the extended version though:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000A36J5/qid=1062001342/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2/104-3360030-7720725?v=glance&s=dvd#product-details

Collectible Gollum polystone statue created by Sideshow Weta

Exclusive bonus DVD on the Weta Workshop and how the Gollum statue was created

Who wants a stupid statue and a DVD talking about the stupid statue? :confused:
Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt!

RC-Cola
08-27-2003, 10:38 AM
I got it yesterday at lunch. Watched again last night... The scene at Helm's Deep is so awesome on my sound system!

The extra features are ok, the short film by Sean Astin is lame and the preview of The Return of the King is oretty cool but not that informative. It's kind of a cock tease more than anything.

DJ Lazy
08-27-2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by mwmhong
Solution: RENT the theatrical edition and BUY the extended edition. :thumbsup:

Looks like they've gone a bit overboard with the extended version though:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000A36J5/qid=1062001342/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2/104-3360030-7720725?v=glance&s=dvd#product-details

Who wants a stupid statue and a DVD talking about the stupid statue? :confused:
Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt!

Looks like a bunch of :bullshit: on disc's 3 and 4... from looking at the info on that www.amazon.com site... :thumbsdow

fast95pony
08-27-2003, 10:57 AM
The three hour long version is enough for me....unless the Kings neice gets nekkid and does the wild thing with a horse or something.....:eek: :rofl:

sexualbanana
08-27-2003, 11:46 AM
I got both editions last year and I still haven't gotten around to seeing everything on those disks and I didn't think the extended scenes actually did anything.

Originally posted by fast95pony
unless the Kings neice gets nekkid and does the wild thing with a horse or something.....:eek: :rofl:

A HORSE!?!?!

fast95pony
08-27-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

A HORSE!?!?!

Well, just to add some variety...:dunno:

:bigpimp:

B17a
08-27-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by fast95pony

Well, just to add some variety...:dunno:

:bigpimp:

Liv Tyler yes, horse no.

accordboi_02
08-27-2003, 01:00 PM
I got both editions last year and I still haven't gotten around to seeing everything on those disks and I didn't think the extended scenes actually did anything.

If you actually read the books, the extended version is MUCH, MUCH better than the theatrical release.
If you haven't read the books, then you probably won't care.
Read the books, then watch the original, then the extended, I guarantee you the extra scenes are well worth it!

sexualbanana
08-27-2003, 01:06 PM

If you actually read the books, the extended version is MUCH, MUCH better than the theatrical release.
Read the books, then watch the original, then the extended, I guarantee you the extra scenes are well worth it!

I've read the books, but the thing I noticed is that there were large chunks of the book that were pretty useless and I'm sure were just there for filler.

For example, the parts with Tom Bombadil were kinda useless and confusing but it was there for a fairly large chunk of the first book.

LUDELVR
08-27-2003, 01:06 PM

For sure man, like in the first one when they stumble upon those ogres that had turned to stone that Bilbo encountered!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Zephyr
08-27-2003, 02:11 PM
ehh my bro buys all the dvds in my house so i dont care haha, i read the entires series..probably only book i actually read by myself.... load of cut scenes...

DJ Lazy
08-27-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by B17a

Liv Tyler yes, horse no.

:werd: , Liv Tyler :hitit: FO SHO!!, but a horse.. :thumbsdow :nut: :eek:

DJ Lazy
08-27-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by LUDELVR

For sure man, like in the first one when they stumble upon those ogres that had turned to stone that Bilbo encountered!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Your thinking of The Hobbit... :thumbsup:

fast95pony
08-27-2003, 03:28 PM
The horse thing was just a warped joke from watching too much Monty Python as a kid.

Besides , women with donkeys are far more erotic....:rofl:

accordboi_02
08-27-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by DJ Lo-Tec

Your thinking of The Hobbit... :thumbsup:

No... in Fellowship Frodo and all come into the same spot where Bilbo had escaped in the Hobbit... they see the ogres that turned to stone...

For example, the parts with Tom Bombadil were kinda useless and confusing but it was there for a fairly large chunk of the first book.

You're right, that was a pretty useless part, but apparently the reason why they didn't put it into the movie was b/c they were afraid that viewers wouldn't get all of the poetry and song... hahaha!
But there were a lot of other parts not found in the orignal, like the gift-giving scene with Galadriel... in the theatrical version, it only shows her giving Frodo the light... but they filmed the gift that she gives to each member, and you can see it in the extended scene... and it helps make sense for Two Towers with Sam and his magic rope.

bigboom
08-27-2003, 03:39 PM
the tom bombadil parts were one of my favorites in the book...i cant believe they left it out!

James
08-27-2003, 05:06 PM
BEST MOVIE I'VE EVER SEEN!! ( inside joke, gavin and a few others know what im talking about) :rofl:....ive never read the books at all (not into that stuff), but i still thought it was a really good movie, lots of wicked action! :thumbsup:

l/l/rX
08-27-2003, 06:48 PM
yea we bought it here to. ionno i find the moving kind of boring, and just drags on during the movie, until the ending the last fight scene. cant get enough of that scene its sooo wicked!!! but yea cant wait till for the next one! WOOP