PDA

View Full Version : Honda Issues TSB For Faulty Transmissions

slowboy
06-19-2008, 08:24 AM
Brought the TL to Northwest Acura this morning for this issue (wife and I are experiencing the third gear pop) and the Service Advisor told us that the TSB only applies for US vehicles. Is there something else we can do? Thanks

Ntense_SpecV
06-19-2008, 08:31 AM
Go to the service manager and don't take anything short of yes we will fix it. I mean, is the car still under warrenty? If so and they still refuse to fix it call the head office for Acura. Go higher and higher until you reach someone that will do something about it.

Or you can try to go to another dealer, and see if they will fix it first before you escalate the situation.

slowboy
06-19-2008, 08:39 AM
Yes, it still has 2yrs (or 160K) left in the warranty . Car is completely stock. We'll try Silverhill. If that still doesn't work, we'll be making calls.

bobby_lu
06-19-2008, 09:29 AM
Heh, we went all the way to Honda Canada with our transmission problems and they basically said to f-off even though a million people have had the same problem. :rolleyes:

Eleanor
06-19-2008, 10:33 AM
Silly slowboy, honda's don't have problems :rofl:

HRD2PLZ
06-19-2008, 10:38 AM
When I had my TL I took it to Silverhill (they even had on file the numerous times I voiced concerns about my transmission) but they wouldn't do anything. I took it to Northwest and the same thing. Send off a letter to Honda Canada and next thing you know, my car is in for a new transmission.

heavyD
06-19-2008, 10:54 AM
Honda's been selling cars with faulty transmissions for years. Why would they bother fixing them as long as the public still have the illusion that they build better cars than everyone else.

slowboy
07-17-2008, 08:16 AM
Update: Just got the car back from Northwest Acura with a brand new transmission under warranty. Shifter is smooth as butter now and third gear grind and popping issue is gone.

n1zm0
07-17-2008, 08:26 AM
i remember seeing so many TLs/CLs/MDXs come in for tranny recalls, any tranny attached to that 3.2-3.5 L V6 (odyssey's too) had that problem, a few were fixed with oil jet kits but it was pretty much 1 everyweek for about 8 months. :nut:

the labour hours were billed warranty so there were some pissed off techs.

slowboy
07-17-2008, 08:28 AM
Mine took a week. At first they tried rebuilding the tranny but the problem still persisted so they decided to order a brand new one.