PDA

View Full Version : Psyc 205

clutch
06-19-2008, 10:53 AM
Hey ppl,
i'm planning on taking PSYC 205 this summer with Melissa Boyce. I couldn't find any info on ratemyprof website. Has anyone taken it with her before?
Is PSYC 205 a demanding course?
Just need some advice, working a full time job and taking another course on top of this one.

Thanks

colinxx235
06-19-2008, 10:59 AM
Me and a friend did this course 2 years ago, unfortunately I cannot remember the teachers name. We ended up with C+ but did not show up to many classes/pay attention or study. I was working full time + taking Engg 205 so didn't have the most time for it. In general the class wasn't difficult, i'd say it requires 5-6 hours of reading a week (we were doing the sat morning 8-12 morning class) and then you should do fine. But i will say it requires more reading then an easy option like geog205/glgy 209 haha =(

schocker
06-19-2008, 11:00 AM
I cant speak for that prof but I took it a few years ago with Boyes. It is a pretty straight forward class. He had posted point form notes for the class, and along with the text book, it was pretty easy. Just a little bit of reading every once in awhile and paying moderate attention in class is all it takes.

BrknFngrs
06-19-2008, 11:12 AM
I think a good indication is whether or not the notes are posted online for the class. When I took it they were all posted online at the beginning of the course.

I attended none of the classes except for scheduled exams and studied about 3-5 hours for each test, easy A. Course material is a breeze, the prof seems to be the deciding factor. A friend of mine took it with a different prof, the notes weren't posted. He went to every class, studied about the same and got a B+.