PDA

View Full Version : Flights into Europe, cruise.

gkAeris
06-19-2008, 12:41 PM
Hey Guys

i'm totally unfamiliar with Europe,
i'm planning a flight into Rome (FCO) to board a cruise ship in Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy?

is the best way to work around this to fly from YYC to FCO? because tickets are roughly $2100 for flight alone and i heard its a taxi ride of 1 hr to get to the port which is roughly $200cdn, is it cheaper if i fly into somewhere else in europe and take the eurorail?

as well has anybody been on this type of cruise before and pointers or things i should do in Rome if i stay there for a few days after?

Ship Name: Legend Of The Seas
Departure Port: Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
Ports of Call: Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy; Portofino, Italy; Livorno (Florence/Pisa), Italy; Messina (Sicily), Italy; Split, Croatia; Venice, Italy; Dubrovnik, Croatia; Naples, Capri, Italy; Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy

thanks
Cheers

buh_buh
06-19-2008, 01:32 PM
sign up for the Air Canada websaver specials and wait for a deal. You can probably get a flight for half that.

kaput
06-19-2008, 02:11 PM

arian_ma
06-19-2008, 02:24 PM
2100?!?!?! WTF
Haha I got a non-stop ticket from Calgary to Munich for $847 taxes included! Even if the train costs you $1000 to take you from Munich to Rome (Which it freaking won't) you would still save money hahahaha!!!

CLiVE
06-19-2008, 02:27 PM
Check out http://www.flyzoom.com/
New service from Calgary to Europe direct. Reasonable prices.

Mitsu3000gt
06-19-2008, 03:02 PM
We took an air transat flight direct from Calgary to Munich. Takes about 9.5 hours. We didn't pay more than $1500/person and we booked on short notice, not taking advantage of any deals or anything.

PS for a flight that long, book the fire exit seats if you can - it's worth it for sue.

-QA-
06-19-2008, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by arian_ma
2100?!?!?! WTF
Haha I got a non-stop ticket from Calgary to Munich for $847 taxes included! Even if the train costs you $1000 to take you from Munich to Rome (Which it freaking won't) you would still save money hahahaha!!!

whed did you travel? that will make a big difference in the prices? i'm thinking of landing somewhere in frankfurt this summer but it's mad expensive, cheapest i found was around 1500(2way). 847$??Who did you fly with?

arian_ma
06-19-2008, 10:47 PM
I am leaving end of August. I am going with Air Transat as mentioned by Mitsu3000gt. It's supposedly a big plane as well. Direct flight no stops 9.5 hours.
I did book it over 2 1/2 weeks ago though so you are kind of booking a bit late here man. Go to a travel agent. They may be able to help you out better.

-QA-
06-20-2008, 01:25 AM
^thanks for the info man, i didnt book yet cuz of my aunt in germany she has some health problems and this is all for her daughter's wedding. They were origionaly going for a summer wedding but aunt just had surgery a few weeks ago, i just got an email from them and it looks like it's going to be sometime in the fall. Thinking wether i should still go now or not to just visit.

Bump for the OP...i hope you can find a better deal :thumbsup:

zarge
06-20-2008, 03:05 AM
Take the cheapest flight to anywhere in western europe and fly where you need to for like 100 pounds.

Grogador
06-20-2008, 03:11 AM
As mentioned look into London, Amsterdam or Frankfurt flights... but honestly, even as much as I love trains, that would be one hell of a train ride and at least $300... look into a cheap flight down to Rome, lots of the discount Euro airlines go there like SkyEurope, Easyjet, Ryanair, uhh those are the only names that come to mind, was a while ago :) Will probably cost you half and take 1/10th the time. G'luck!

Edit: I did a $826 return Calgary/Amsterdam in mid-July and Budapest to Rome for $45cdn using SkyEurope.