PDA

View Full Version : Got pulled over!

kenny
08-07-2002, 02:44 AM
I got pulled over today because someone in a stang decided they wanted a piece of the AMG tonight. As we both coasted towards the red light I spotted a cop waiting at the light so when the light turned green I just accelerated until speed limit and cruised, the stang beside me gunned it and let off when he saw the cop (too late!). The cop pulled up behind him and I continued cruising along when the cop kept following me! ok, so he wanted both of us to pull over.

I sat there with my window down as the cop got out of his car and walked up to the mustang. "Z28 Killer huh? Is your car a Z28 killer" the cop asks the driver. His plate is "Z28KILR" if you're wondering. The cop continues asking for license, registration, yadda yadda, and then goes on to look for tint, illegal bulbs, etc while I am sitting bored out of my mind.

10 minutes later the cop walks up to my window and asks if I knew the guy. I told him no I didn't, and he asks for my license, registration and tells me I took off rather fast from the light. I told him I never stopped because the light turned green before I got there and I was going well below the limit. He then gives my back all my stuff and says I am free to go. What a waste of my time considering I didn't do anything wrong! :angel:

This is the third or fourth time I've been pulled over when I was innocent, and everytime they let me go. Why do I keep getting dragged into these things? Haha.

Wonder if that person is on performance-shop? :)

RX-7_TWINTURBO
08-07-2002, 02:51 AM
i know that person

shadowz
08-07-2002, 04:38 AM
Shit like that happens a lot

G
08-07-2002, 08:53 AM
Maybe the Cops just want to take a look at your AMG :nut:

Redlyne_mr2
08-07-2002, 09:21 AM
when it comes to young guys in expensive cars you ahev to be prepared to take a beating once in a while:thumbsdow

B17a
08-07-2002, 09:47 AM
Damn white man getting you down!

Redlyne_mr2
08-07-2002, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by B17a
Damn white man getting you down!
ahahahahahahahha

Cal
08-07-2002, 04:54 PM
Stuff like that sucks:thumbsdow but ya stuff like that happends alot like Shadowz said.Not sure why though:dunno: I bet the cops are probably just bored:

[GaGe]
08-07-2002, 05:42 PM
I'm lucky I ride a skateboard.. It's impossible for me to go above speed limit.. :thumbsup:

Unless I build a mini engine and get some nos.

Ben
08-07-2002, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by [GaGe]
I'm lucky I ride a skateboard.. It's impossible for me to go above speed limit.. :thumbsup:

Unless I build a mini engine and get some nos.

You know what sucks worse?! Gettinga speeding ticket on a bicycle...I must have argued with the guy for 20 min...

300rwhp
08-07-2002, 06:22 PM
that was me.......... i didnt go over the speed limit either. he was just being an asshole. he checked everyone of my lights, turn signals, brake lights ,and my tint. he new i wasnt speeding so all he gave me was the tint ticket. $35 not to bad

lammer
08-07-2002, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Cal
Stuff like that sucks:thumbsdow but ya stuff like that happends alot like Shadowz said.Not sure why though:dunno: I bet the cops are probably just bored:

cops will pull you over for nothing because i think they have a montly target of __ number of tickets they hav eto give out..not sure but ya thats what i heard.

max_boost
08-07-2002, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Benny

You know what sucks worse?! Gettinga speeding ticket on a bicycle...I must have argued with the guy for 20 min...

WTF?!?!?
Where was this? How the hell does that work?

Fat Dave
08-07-2002, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by 300rwhp
that was me.......... i didnt go over the speed limit either. he was just being an asshole. he checked everyone of my lights, turn signals, brake lights ,and my tint. he new i wasnt speeding so all he gave me was the tint ticket. $35 not to bad

That sucks - sounds like he was on a fishing expidition. There are enough bad drivers out that SHOULD be given tickets without having to pull people over randomly and LOOK for something wrong. Total BS.

Ben
08-07-2002, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

WTF?!?!?
Where was this? How the hell does that work?

I got a ticket for "Reckless and Dangerous use of Alberta Public Ffacilities" or something close to that title for doing 71km/h on my bike down the hill at diamond cove and accross the river from the douglas dale driving range.

I was floored, but when he showed me the posted limit of 15 I was like "Well not all bikes have spedos" and he explained that at 71km/h I should have known was going over 15. He had a bloody radar gun too...

Long story short, I photocopied the ticket, mailed it into the address along with a not saying "I am hereby declaring that I will not pay this, nor will I ever pay this" I never heard back and this was 2 years ago...

James
08-07-2002, 08:59 PM
Benny, Who was that ticket issued by?.......I remember cruising down that hill when i was younger wondering how fast i was actually going, figured it to be atleast over 50:dunno: .....71 nice! :thumbsup:

[GaGe]
08-07-2002, 11:28 PM

Speaking of bikes.. I always ride without helmet.. The cops don't fine me. They just warn me.. I've been warned well over 20 times.

LUDELVR
08-08-2002, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by kenny
This is the third or fourth time I've been pulled over when I was innocent, and everytime they let me go. Why do I keep getting dragged into these things? Haha.

Innocent huh? :confused: You mean like the time we were downtown on 9th when that police SUV pulled outta the alley and gave you a ticket.....sorry, a warning! and the rest of us just stayed behind....or rather couldn't keep up!! hahaha! Yah, I'd say you're innocent!!! hahahahahha:rofl: :thumbsup:

Dope Dealer
08-08-2002, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Fat Dave

That sucks - sounds like he was on a fishing expidition. There are enough bad drivers out that SHOULD be given tickets without having to pull people over randomly and LOOK for something wrong. Total BS.

Calgary drivers are horrible. Take today for instance. I am sitting at a red light (It's around 10:00 PM at the time) and this old lady (REAL Cougar she was) pulls up beside me. She is in an older Civic (1980's -- All rusted and whatnot) and she starts revving her engine at me and then I see her lunge forward and almost go through the red light (She must have put it in 1st gear instead of neutral). It was priceless. Although that is not really a good example of 'bad driving' ;)

rage2
08-08-2002, 01:29 AM

The SLK 320 poser couldn't catch you tonight... need my real AMG!

RX-7_TWINTURBO
08-08-2002, 01:38 AM
i saw you two :bigpimp: 's tonight I was riding in the stang

kenny
08-08-2002, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by LUDELVR

Innocent huh? :confused: You mean like the time we were downtown on 9th when that police SUV pulled outta the alley and gave you a ticket.....sorry, a warning! and the rest of us just stayed behind....or rather couldn't keep up!! hahaha! Yah, I'd say you're innocent!!! hahahahahha:rofl: :thumbsup:

I didn't do anything wrong there either, I didn't screech my tires when I started, and I didn't exceed the speed limit either. He threatened me with a stunting ticket and asked for a reason for me to not get one, I told him that I wouldn't do it again. He then let me go because he had absolutely nothing on me. Unless they are gonna start posting maximum G's you're allowed to pull when accelerating I think they should focus on more important traffic infractions.

kenny
08-08-2002, 01:45 AM

Yeah I noticed him checking all your stuff out, and how he was asking you if you were a Z28 killer. He even asked if I had tint when I obviously did not. Good to hear you came out pretty much unscatched. I thought I heard him saying you were getting a ticket for speeding, bulbs and tint.

redline
08-08-2002, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by LUDELVR

or the time on 8th street or more like 10th ave by the time the cops caught up and you were in the car wash and the rest of us got stoped! :banghead: :burnout: :thumbsup: :rofl:

Rydog
08-08-2002, 08:29 AM

I got a ticket for "Reckless and Dangerous use of Alberta Public Ffacilities" or something close to that title for doing 71km/h on my bike down the hill at diamond cove and accross the river from the douglas dale driving range.

I was floored, but when he showed me the posted limit of 15 I was like "Well not all bikes have spedos" and he explained that at 71km/h I should have known was going over 15. He had a bloody radar gun too...

Long story short, I photocopied the ticket, mailed it into the address along with a not saying "I am hereby declaring that I will not pay this, nor will I ever pay this" I never heard back and this was 2 years ago...

a cop gave me a warning for doing 77km's down the 14th street hill by SAIT a couple of years ago. he caught up to me and told me that he could technically give me a ticket for speeding and i was like 'WTF?'. i was kinda laughing cause i thought it was cool that i reached that speed, but he didn't think anything was all that funny. i love that hill (going down it that is!).

Redlyne_mr2
08-08-2002, 10:07 AM
rage and the rest of the mods need to start paying off the cops...you get pulled over and all you need to do is flash your beyond.ca membership card and your on your way

Rydog
08-08-2002, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
rage and the rest of the mods need to start paying off the cops...you get pulled over and all you need to do is flash your beyond.ca membership card and your on your way

:rofl: :rofl:

kenny
08-08-2002, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by redline

or the time on 8th street or more like 10th ave by the time the cops caught up and you were in the car wash and the rest of us got stoped! :banghead: :burnout: :thumbsup: :rofl:

Hahah I learned about hiding in a car wash bay when being pursued by cops from someone else on this forum :rofl:

Ben
08-08-2002, 12:44 PM

Hahah I learned about hiding in a car wash bay when being pursued by cops from someone else on this forum :rofl:

That was funny as hell!

"Do you want a speeding ticket?!"

"...no..."

"DO YOU WANT A SPEEDING TICKET!?!?!"

"NO!!!"

Ben
08-08-2002, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Just_d16n

a cop gave me a warning for doing 77km's down the 14th street hill by SAIT a couple of years ago. he caught up to me and told me that he could technically give me a ticket for speeding and i was like 'WTF?'. i was kinda laughing cause i thought it was cool that i reached that speed, but he didn't think anything was all that funny. i love that hill (going down it that is!).

HAHAHAHA, yeah, I got it on the way home from work Ry...I think you were still there at the time, I had owned my Nitro for like a month or 2...I was impressed...but those damn Kevlar Veloceraptors on there are about as smooth rolling as a shoebox

Rydog
08-08-2002, 12:52 PM

HAHAHAHA, yeah, I got it on the way home from work Ry...I think you were still there at the time, I had owned my Nitro for like a month or 2...I was impressed...but those damn Kevlar Veloceraptors on there are about as smooth rolling as a shoebox

ahhhh the Veloceraptors, how i liked those tires. i had City Slickers on when i reached my max speed. now they're on Shar's bike and mine is set up for freeriding mayhem!!http://skins.hotbar.com/skins/mailskins/em/033102/033102bigtong_1_prv.gif

Toms-Celica
08-08-2002, 01:07 PM
I clocked myself on my bike at 65, I thought I was fast :D This was flying down Fish Creek Hill. I was getting rained on by sand and my front wheel was getting a little tipsy. I ride a Schwinn....

szw
08-08-2002, 01:32 PM
My driving instructor told us they regularly have radar on bike-trails. He told us, if we ever got caught, just say you don't have your licence and make up a name and address. THen smile and thank them. haha

Redlyne_mr2
08-08-2002, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by szw
My driving instructor told us they regularly have radar on bike-trails. He told us, if we ever got caught, just say you don't have your licence and make up a name and address. THen smile and thank them. haha
was your driving instructor a dark skinned philipino guy who enjoyed hitting on the female and sometiems male students:rofl:

Hakkola
08-08-2002, 02:49 PM
I wanna hear more about this hiding in the car wash bay. What happened? Sounds interesting.

bol
08-08-2002, 03:49 PM

:confused:

Ben
08-08-2002, 03:54 PM

Yes, except you got the door closed in time...

boi-alien
08-08-2002, 03:59 PM

THIS sounds interesting!! i think i'll have to buy u a bowl of pho kenny! :D

OMOYYC
08-08-2002, 04:00 PM
That's if there is a carwash close by too!

bol
08-08-2002, 04:25 PM
hawcs can't see you either :P

Rydog
08-08-2002, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by bol

unless they see you pull into the wash bay. then..."You're surrounded!!":thumbsdow

kenny
08-09-2002, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by bol

Yep, pop in $1, select the spot free rinse and mist the air so the heat sensing camera cannot see your car either. :thumbsup:

Ben
08-09-2002, 02:04 AM

Yep, pop in $1, select the spot free rinse and mist the air so the heat sensing camera cannot see your car either. :thumbsup:

Thats right! I keep a couple of Loonies duct taped to the underside of my dash for instances such as these!:thumbsup: :angel: