PDA

View Full Version : Custom cabinet recommendations

TrailBlazerSS
06-20-2008, 11:50 AM
Looking for some recommendations please...

I'm in need of designing, purchasing and installing custom kitchen cabinets for a walk-out basement (in-law suite). I'm currently working with Home Depot on a design, but their price seems to be high and I'm looking for other estimates.

We want a full kitchen with a breakfast bar island. The size of the kitchen is approximately 13 x 10. The basement is already completely developed with rough in electrical and plumbing in place for the kitchen.

Let me know if you guys have any suggestions and/or first hand experience.

THANKS!

frozenrice
06-20-2008, 11:53 AM
That's ironic that you find Home Depot expensive. Working for a builder, I'm used to hearing people use Home Depot as their comparison when complaining about pricing.

TrailBlazerSS
06-20-2008, 12:25 PM
Maybe they see 'sucker' written on my face? They also quoted me $10,000 for air conditioning... I know my house is larger then average, but I'm certainly not paying $10K for A/C!

dj_rice
06-20-2008, 12:40 PM
My parents went to Cabinet Solutions for their custom kitchen

Ukyo8
06-20-2008, 01:07 PM
My father owns a woodshop, and has many years of experience of building custom cabinets.

He is one of the best out there.

PM me if you would like more info.

malbadon
06-20-2008, 01:31 PM
2nd for cabinet solutions, we liked what we got for the price paid compared to any of the other places in that build quality of cabinet. They had some good suggestions on layout changes that we hadn't thought of as well.