PDA

View Full Version : Home audio subwoofer probmem? Help?

D_flore
06-20-2008, 12:14 PM
I have a subwoofer hooked up to my mini system at home. I cranked up the volume on my mini system really quickly and my subwoofer had just enough time to turn on and then it stopped working. It still shows that it is on however it does not put out any sound. Does anybody know what may have happened? I was thinking a fuse but I dont know where that would be? Thank you for any help

gretz
06-20-2008, 12:26 PM
is the sub for home audio? - probably running at the incorrect ohmage, blew the fuse in your head unit/amp - take the head unit apart and check

D_flore
06-20-2008, 12:32 PM
yes it is for home audio. I have taken it apart but do not see any fuses. I have been running this sub like this for 5 years so I dont think it could be an ohm problem espically becuse it is home audio. two cords... one power and one signal to the mini systems subwoofer output. I have also hooked it up to another mini system and it does not work there either. thanks!

gretz
06-20-2008, 12:47 PM
sorry, i was unaware of the 5 year hookup - could have been useful info. Trying the sub on a second unit - also could have been useful.

its not the head unit - the sub is probably done if you've been running it for 5 years - take the enclosure apart

spike98
06-20-2008, 03:06 PM
There may be an internal fuse. Take the panel with the connections on it off and take a peek.

D_flore
06-23-2008, 11:11 AM
yeah i did that but couldnt find anything. would the fuse look like a normal car fuse

D_flore
06-23-2008, 11:45 AM
ok i just checked the fuse with a voltmeter and it says there are ohms across the fise meaning that it is still good right? so any other suggestions? o and i kind of cracked the silocone panel when trying to remove the power wire but it looks ok..? maybe?

Grogador
06-23-2008, 11:59 AM
fuse should have zero or a couple ohms across it, no more... if you set your multi to continuity mode, it should beep.

D_flore
06-23-2008, 02:04 PM
ok thanks fuse seems good any other suggestions on what the problem may be?