PDA

View Full Version : Bike Jacket

9taccord
06-21-2008, 04:29 PM
I'm registered for Too Cool Basic course on July 19th and 20th.
So far I only have a helmet. (got a HJC AC-12)

I only need the basics because I can't even afford a bike now, just getting the licensing out of the way first.

Just going to go with jeans and hiking boots for the course. I'll need to pick up a pair of gloves and a decent jacket though.

I've heard bad things about J-Rocket and Dainese seems too pricey for now. What's a good AStars leather jacket in the 300 dollar range? Probably going to order from Knee Draggers. com
Where's a good place in the city to find the jacket size so I can order? Who carries the most A-Stars?

pyro
06-21-2008, 04:40 PM
try out blackfoot or walt heally they have alot of the astars and icon, prices are around $300 range there to depends what kind

drtoohotty1
06-21-2008, 04:44 PM
alright so for gloves they have them there to rent so you can save some $$ there and as for a jacket its really personal prefrence they fit everyone different so best bet would be to go to any bike shop GW walt healey blackfoot bowcycle and try stuff on and go home and find it on kneedraggers i know thats what alot of people on here do, i know i did! if your trying to save money look at some textiles some may impress you, other then that all i can say is good luck and watch out for those damn cagers!

Graham_A_M
06-21-2008, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by pyro
try out blackfoot or walt heally they have alot of the astars and icon, prices are around $300 range there to depends what kind

walt healy is basically sold out of any (street) Alpinestars gear. I was there looking for a two-piece, and no luck. Apparently a shipment is coming in but :dunno:

Also check out www.newenough.com for gear. Dianese isn't expensive if you order it online. The W-Frame is around $3k or so locally, or $1800 online. :thumbsup:
Definately savings to be had if you dont mind shopping online.

Eleanor
06-23-2008, 03:33 PM
You wouldn't happen to be taking the classroom session on the 11th would you?

85regal
06-23-2008, 06:42 PM
Nothing wrong with joe rocket gear...icon is more fashion then function, stay away from their helmets, they are total crap and tons of wind noise. Talk to guys who have been down in various gear and they will tell ya what works and what doesn't.

Graham_A_M
06-23-2008, 06:55 PM
^ take a serious bail in Joe rocket gear and see how you still feel about it. There is a reason you rarely find it in 600 & 1000cc road racing.

theken
06-23-2008, 08:16 PM
i bought an icon helmet for night riding, so fucking loud, i love my alpinestar jacket

9taccord
06-23-2008, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Eleanor
You wouldn't happen to be taking the classroom session on the 11th would you?
Yes I am!
I'm registered in that class with my girlfriends brother.

Are you in that class too?

Eleanor
06-23-2008, 09:28 PM
Yeah, I am. I'm doing weeknight lot sessions though.

Eleanor
06-23-2008, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by theken
i bought an icon helmet for night riding, so fucking loud, i love my alpinestar jacket

which model out of curiosity?

theken
06-29-2008, 09:51 PM
helmet or jacket? helmet is an 08 airframe. jacket i cant remember

Eleanor
07-03-2008, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by theken
helmet or jacket? helmet is an 08 airframe. jacket i cant remember

Sorry I meant helmet, I was looking at an airframe the other day, but didn't end up going with it in the end anyway.

Dumbass17
07-03-2008, 01:18 PM
i have a red/white leather teknic up for grabs
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/224698/fs-teknic-leather-motorcycle-jacket/

9taccord
07-12-2008, 05:39 PM
I bought an ICON Accellerant from Blackfoot, seems like a great jacket, fits me great too.
I also had my class with Trevor last night at the Best Western, great class and an even better instructor!! Cant wait to be on the bikes next weekend!!

SOAB
07-12-2008, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by 9taccord
I'm registered for Too Cool Basic course on July 19th and 20th.
So far I only have a helmet. (got a HJC AC-12)

I only need the basics because I can't even afford a bike now, just getting the licensing out of the way first.

Just going to go with jeans and hiking boots for the course. I'll need to pick up a pair of gloves and a decent jacket though.

I've heard bad things about J-Rocket and Dainese seems too pricey for now. What's a good AStars leather jacket in the 300 dollar range? Probably going to order from Knee Draggers. com
Where's a good place in the city to find the jacket size so I can order? Who carries the most A-Stars?

how tall are you and what do you weigh? i may have some stuff that might fit.

9taccord
07-12-2008, 08:50 PM
I think I'm good for gear at least for now, thanks for the offer though! (I'm 6'3" and 205lbs just in case)

Eleanor
07-14-2008, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by 9taccord
I bought an ICON Accellerant from Blackfoot, seems like a great jacket, fits me great too.

That's exactly what I ended up with as well. Fit me perfectly.

Cody D
07-14-2008, 04:37 PM
I found the Dainese jacket fit me the best, I didn't really want to spend the money but I'm glad I did, I probably should have shopped around more though. I went down at 120km/h 7 years ago in an HJC jacket and it held up really well, I actually used it for another couple years after getting it fixed up at a leather shop.

I bought Dainese gloves and so far I'm not impressed, my Alpinestar are more comfortable. I bought Dainese boots and I really like them.

Helmet I went with Shoei (RF-1000). I have two HJC helmets, I found they fit most of my face great but they put a lot of pressure on my forehead and I get a headache if I wear them too long. The Shoei is very comfortable.