PDA

View Full Version : Question for the RHD guys!

Bling
06-22-2008, 10:22 AM
Other than the noticable problem with drivethru's and ATM's, does it take a long time to get used to making left turns on busy 2/4 lane streets and passing people on 2 lane highways? I'm asking as you have a huge disadvantage not being able to see past if it safe to pass or turn. Unless of course you have a passenger as a look out!

pf0sh0
06-22-2008, 10:24 AM
Well, left hand turns are kind of shitty, even with a passenger
( can you trust em') haha. But I dunno, you just can't be no pussy biyatch when you turn left on a solid green.

Oldskool
06-22-2008, 10:30 AM
Left hand turns are nothing to worry about.

If you do traveling on two lane highways, and you don't have a passenger, its nearly impossible to pass. If you come behind a big slow moving truck, have fun...

When i had my RHD the highway thing was annoying, I neved did drivethrews, except for ATM drivethrews, where i would jsut back up,(not a big deal) but pay-stations were a bitch to get out of the hospital/school parking lot...

BlackFyre
06-22-2008, 10:46 AM
You can still do drive-thrus, you just have to unbuckle and lean way over, paying for parking and such sucks because you do usually have to get out, but oh well. Left hand turns are ridiculously easy, and anyone that says they aren't needs to learn how to drive. All you have to do is over-estimate the curb and you'll never hit it or any vehicle. The highway is a bit of a pain in the arse, but taking a passenger (a trusthworthy, intelligent one) usually solves this, I'm going to be installing a rear-view camera to my DVD-deck in my car, and place it inside my side mirror and see how well that works for seeing around, but other then that, that's all I've got. :D

XtraX
06-22-2008, 10:55 AM
RHD is better than weight watchers!
Cut my take out habit in half.

RHD will always have it's disadvantages in a LHD world but if I having to walk my lazy ass into the McDicks isn't going to kill me.

As of highway passing. It takes some getting used to but it's also easily learned.

dj_rice
06-22-2008, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by XtraX
RHD is better than weight watchers!
Cut my take out habit in half.

RHD will always have it's disadvantages in a LHD world but if I having to walk my lazy ass into the McDicks isn't going to kill me.

As of highway passing. It takes some getting used to but it's also easily learned.

Just always go to Peters Drive In, its RHD friendly :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Bling
06-22-2008, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the info. I think before I venture into the big city, i'll get used to driving around town here.

brown_guy
06-22-2008, 05:41 PM
Man I go to London all the time so fo me its easy :thumbsup:

XtraX
06-22-2008, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

Just always go to Peters Drive In, its RHD friendly :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That place always gives me the shits. Great Food though.