PDA

View Full Version : Why so much JDM/RHD hate?

Pages : [1] 2 3

XtraX
06-22-2008, 07:57 PM
I'm not exactly new here but I don't post often. After a couple years of lurking I have to ask.

Why is there so much hate for the JDM/RHD crowd?

Before the flames start, I consider my self an auto enthusiast I'm not particularly biased to a group or classification of vehicle. I do own and regularly drive a JDM Toyota Soarer. I'm not 16, and yes I did buy it because I couldn't afford an equivalent car in the LHD fashion.

misterrick
06-22-2008, 08:01 PM
uh oh, this could be brutal....

"misterrick clicks on subscribe"

Oldskool
06-22-2008, 08:11 PM
People hate on RHD, because there are some relativly nice cars for cheap... But also, some of them are complete shit. I bought a fairlady a couple years ago, and I loved having so much horsepower, but the fucking thing was in the shop at least a week a month(like a goddamn woman). I spent so much money on that POS just to keep it on the road. Then the flood hit, it got flooded, I got insurance, and bought myself something else.... I've never been happier.

If you're mechanically inclined, a RHD car could be right for you (except when you can't find parts).

Kavy
06-22-2008, 08:15 PM
Its not JDM/RHD hate.

A few individuals think that having the steering wheel on the right side can allow them to act like a total douche and drive 200km down deerfoot and residential streets.

Hence why the hate exists.

black13
06-22-2008, 08:18 PM
^^ That and the fact that some people here just don't seem to like anything but domestics.

HillBilly
06-22-2008, 08:18 PM
JDM = Fucking gay looking driving down the street on the wrong side of the car. If you can't afford that model in Canada, then you need a better job.

That and it is total rice. Even a bone stock JDM car is rice IMO.

Skylines used to be neat before there were 14,237 of them on the streets of Calgary. Now, they are just another car from the 90's that you see as often as a sunfire.

em2ab
06-22-2008, 08:33 PM
There is no hate on the cars. There's just hate for the douchebags that tend to rush to buy them and it's easier to classify. It's like if you have a huge barrel and all kinds of idiots start jumping into it. You're going to say, "I hate the idiots in this barrel." It has nothing to do with the barrel, nor the car, it's the idiots that congregate as a result.

Kona9
06-22-2008, 08:44 PM
Also it's no different then the mass hate on Civic owners. The retarded RHD drivers have over powered the Civic name with higher levels of said douche baggery.

This is unfortunate for the true enthusiasts of any brand or style of vehicle. A pile of idiots will tarnish any name.

misterrick
06-22-2008, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Kona9
Also it's no different then the mass hate on Civic owners. The retarded RHD drivers have over powered the Civic name with higher levels of said douche baggery.

This is unfortunate for the true enthusiasts of any brand or style of vehicle. A pile of idiots will tarnish any name.

wow people must really think im a douche. i have a rhd civic. thats double douchebaggery!

lmao feel free to quote that one

badatusrnames
06-22-2008, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by HillBilly

:dunno:

So I can drive a stock North American 300ZX and it isn't rice, but if I drive a stock Fairlady, it suddenly becomes rice?

Same goes for a GS300 versus an Aristo?

Maybe it's a disagreement over semantics here, but I thought rice was this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/81/Delsol.jpg

Not this:

http://www.ezcarz.biz/images/carmodels/aristo.jpg

It's not the cars - it's the people in my opinion...

mazdavirgin
06-22-2008, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by black13
^^ That and the fact that some people here just don't seem to like anything but domestics.

:rolleyes: Yeah beyond is a big proponent of GM/Ford! I donno what you have been smoking mate but last I check this place is a Honda/BMW forum mostly.

b18cr
06-22-2008, 09:06 PM
JDM = Fucking gay looking driving down the street on the wrong side of the car. If you can't afford that model in Canada, then you need a better job.

Skylines used to be neat before there were 14,237 of them on the streets of Calgary. Now, they are just another car from the 90's that you see as often as a sunfire.

first off.. ill show u rice
http://www.mike.vcn.com/tmp/ricer_civic_2.jpg
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/attachments/mustang-lounge/26467d1176754225-i-have-located-ricer-stang-ricer-48377.jpg

honestly.. u see like 6 skylines a day.. there not often seen as a sunfire..

these cars come cheap for the amount of hp in them.. thats awesome!

Primer_Drift
06-22-2008, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by badatusrnames

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/81/Delsol.jpg

Why always the del sol?? :cry: :cry:

canadianskyline
06-22-2008, 09:21 PM
I like my car, I don't hate on half the garbage most of beyond drives.

Just let guys do their thing. Doesn't really affect you.

And for the billionth time.....RHD does not automatically mean a car is gonna be junk. People are cheap, which means people buy the cheapest cars possible, I've imported a bunch of cars myself and they were all in very good condition.

Anyway.

finboy
06-22-2008, 09:28 PM
same reason people hate bmw's, suv's, mini vans, lifted diesel trucks, etc.

badatusrnames
06-22-2008, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by finboy
same reason people hate bmw's, suv's, mini vans, lifted diesel trucks, etc.

Douchebags and/or shitty drivers I'm guessing?

Bling
06-22-2008, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by canadianskyline

Just let guys do their thing. Doesn't really affect you.

And for the billionth time.....RHD does not automatically mean a car is gonna be junk. People are cheap, which means people buy the cheapest cars possible, I've imported a bunch of cars myself and they were all in very good condition.

Anyway.

I agree totally with you. If I could afford to take a stock North American car and dump $1000's into it, then I would. Maybe then I wouldnt have an MX-3. I went with something different than the common cavalier, civic, etc. NOT to say I dislike those cars.

As far as JDM's go, if I can find a stock one with low km's, decent shape, lower price than what I would have to spend on a N.A. model, then hell yeah I'm going JDM. And save myself huge cash!

silviafreek89
06-22-2008, 10:27 PM
If you can't afford that model in Canada, then you need a better job.

I don't even know what to say to that...funny looking faces are much better.:confused: :dunno: :confused:

Freestylin
06-22-2008, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by b18cr

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/attachments/mustang-lounge/26467d1176754225-i-have-located-ricer-stang-ricer-48377.jpg

honestly.. u see like 6 skylines a day.. there not often seen as a sunfire..

these cars come cheap for the amount of hp in them.. thats awesome!

Batman?? Is that you??!?!!

Matt Rock
06-22-2008, 11:15 PM

HillBilly just a heads up on your sig...

VTECH is a cheap cordless phone, and judging by your sig the reception is shit until about 3/4 of the way across the graph.

VTEC is the valve train system.

AliXJ
06-22-2008, 11:25 PM
One of my most loved cars is a 300ZX TT, I did not buy one because in any website I looked at, there were 18 Fairladies that look like they were held together with chicken wire for sale to every one LHD 300Z. It made me Hate JDM. There are plenty of good cars here. Leave the Shitboxes where they are. Also most JDM drivers (not all) drive like douchebags, same goes for most (not all) drivers of lifted Dodge Rams.

pf0sh0
06-22-2008, 11:35 PM
Another one of these? WHY

TeamBestBud
06-22-2008, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Matt Rock

VTECH is a cheap cordless phone, and judging by your sig the reception is shit until about 3/4 of the way across the graph.

LOL, 08.

NRGie
06-22-2008, 11:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oiSet8YdJE&watch_response

drewb
06-23-2008, 01:09 AM

I still don't know what kind of crack everyone on here is smoking, but not counting mine, I see mabey one other skyline a week.

phrozen
06-23-2008, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by misterrick

wow people must really think im a douche. i have a rhd civic. thats double douchebaggery!

lmao feel free to quote that one

Noted. rofl. double douchebaggery,

Just admit it people you get jealous when you
aren't on the opposite side of the car.

Ukyo8
06-23-2008, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by drewb

I still don't know what kind of crack everyone on here is smoking, but not counting mine, I see mabey one other skyline a week.

+1

jdmSiR
06-23-2008, 03:12 AM
up here in the NW there is an overpopulation of JDM RHD cars swarming the communities of citadel, royal oak, hawkwood and tuscany.
You cant go 15 seconds without hearing some spoilt rich kids car hauling down a main road, with their 4inch exhaust and beloved BOV.

Just venting.

woosah.

heavyD
06-23-2008, 07:07 AM

I see one or two a day easily commuting from NW to NE. They are pretty common IMO. If you are talking about how many I see that don't look like junk I would say one a month.

Supa Dexta
06-23-2008, 07:29 AM
ha.. truf^

skylines = the new sunfire, cheap piles that kids think are race cars.

JordanEG6
06-23-2008, 07:37 AM
Because alot of them suck, and people are so blinded by the fact that they're RHD, they go ahead and buy them because they think they're so special. Hypebeasts over-hype them like crazy and it gets annoying. And this results in an over population of shitty Skyline GT-S's and when the owners realize the car is garbage, they eventually go up for sale. And alot of them think they require special 'JDM' engine parts/wheels/suspension etc. etc. and mechanics (LOL). Other than the RHD interior, it's no different than a USDM car.

And, I'm not personally attacking the R32 owners, but the majority of the GT-S/GTR owners think they're hot shit driving down Macleod going 100km/h. When really, they're just kids in shitbox japanese beaters, driving on the opposite side.

And this post is brilliant and sums it up for you:

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/173647/ekizzles-jdm-rant-/

n1zm0
06-23-2008, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by Kavy
Its not JDM/RHD hate.

A few individuals think that having the steering wheel on the right side can allow them to act like a total douche and drive 200km down deerfoot and residential streets.

Hence why the hate exists.

+1, some of these kids (not all) are driving 200-300 hp cars for their FIRST car, to really appreciate something, you should have a beater for your first car like most of us did when we learnt how to drive, learn the characteristics of how a vehicle handles or you end up like half the RHD Z32/R32s i've seen at a friend's shop with one rear wheel like this /

also what blows my mind is they spend their years savings on one of these right away as soon as they hit 8-9 grand, instead of saving up for a winter beater.
Then come winter time, are stuck driving a 300zx with 300HP, 18" rims and sport tires and are 2wice as much a hazard on the road now.

Toms-SC
06-23-2008, 08:15 AM
HillBilly said everything I would but better.

/thread

ZorroAMG
06-23-2008, 08:33 AM
The worst part is most RHD'er are friendless and it makes for a very difficult ordering of a jr bacon cheesburger.

It's ok, the fad is dying anyway.

JRSC00LUDE
06-23-2008, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
The worst part is most RHD'er are friendless and it makes for a very difficult ordering of a jr bacon cheesburger.

It's ok, the fad is dying anyway.

That's why most of them like to eat footlong subs. Well, I don't think that's the only reason......

r3cc0s
06-23-2008, 08:50 AM
Personally...
most RHD drivers have an attitude like most BMW & G35 drivers

Driving with their stubby dicks hanging out

Toms-SC
06-23-2008, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

That's why most of them like to eat footlong subs. Well, I don't think that's the only reason......

:rofl: You just come out swinging don't you?

XtraX
06-23-2008, 08:52 AM
Thank you for your answers. Most of them seem to have reasoning to them, some of them (foot long subs??) seem like I must be missing an inside joke. I apologize if this has been addressed before.

nj2Type-S
06-23-2008, 09:08 AM
i don't usually hate on other cars but i'd have to agree with some had already mentioned. most of these jdm cars have so much more hp than the average car on the road which makes the drivers of jdm cars think they're hot shit. there are tons of nice jdm cars....they're just not in calgary, lol.

rc2002
06-23-2008, 09:14 AM

Originally posted by Ukyo8

+1

I'm not sure where you guys drive in Calgary but I see 2-3 every day.

Originally posted by jdmSiR
up here in the NW there is an overpopulation of JDM RHD cars swarming the communities of citadel, royal oak, hawkwood and tuscany.
You cant go 15 seconds without hearing some spoilt rich kids car hauling down a main road, with their 4inch exhaust and beloved BOV.

Just venting.

woosah.

LOL at "spoilt rich kids". JDM cars are pretty much as cheap as they come. Spoilt rich kids are the ones driving ferarris and porsches.

Ferio_vti
06-23-2008, 09:57 AM
Skylines aside, do we really need crap like this on the road:
http://jalopnik.com/396746/dots+o+rama-sunday-customized-delivery-truck

R-Audi
06-23-2008, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by canadianskyline

Anyway.

You can't even keep your bumper on......

Trini
06-23-2008, 10:20 AM

what about some cars that weren't available in Canada?

it isn't the car it is the driver.

gretz
06-23-2008, 10:25 AM
:werd: i can be just as much of an asshole in a suzi swift

Hillbilly:
Canadian models of JDM cars are cheaper

86max
06-23-2008, 10:49 AM
If you can't afford that model in Canada, then you need a better job.

You must've owned a bmw at some point, an attitude like that isn't hereditary.

zipdoa
06-23-2008, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by XtraX
I'm not exactly new here but I don't post often. After a couple years of lurking I have to ask.

Why is there so much hate for the JDM/RHD crowd?

Before the flames start, I consider my self an auto enthusiast I'm not particularly biased to a group or classification of vehicle. I do own and regularly drive a JDM Toyota Soarer. I'm not 16, and yes I did buy it because I couldn't afford an equivalent car in the LHD fashion.

Because generally, RHD drivers are young, wreckless, and have a F&F mentality. It's actually pretty obvious, I can't believe you had to ask. I can't count the times i've seen a skyline, or silvia, or equivalent, trying to show off, or hoping that i'm going to look at their car. Your RHD is fucking ugly, get over it.

finboy
06-23-2008, 11:30 AM

VTEC is hyped up bullshit.

:werd:

drewb
06-23-2008, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
I'm not sure where you guys drive in Calgary but I see 2-3 every day.

the south.

Daan
06-23-2008, 01:03 PM
we dislike them cause the majority are old and somewhat unsafe to be on the road

add to this the special ingredient : kids ... who drive erratically and fast, and the dislike turns to hate due to personal safety reasons

silviafreek89
06-23-2008, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Daan
we dislike them cause the majority are old and somewhat unsafe to be on the road

add to this the special ingredient : kids ... who drive erratically and fast, and the dislike turns to hate due to personal safety reasons

Safety concerns are a reality but it's not always the car that's not safe...If it was OOP'ed, it must be somewhat road-worthy..If it's a 16yr old driving a GT-R as his first car then yea, I'll stay away....

Key word throughout this thread is "majority/most" ... Not all JDM's are junk (I'd say 80% are in POS condition) and not all of the drivers are douche's... I would agree that when I see a Skyline flying down Macleod doing 100 it is a younger kid 16-17 MAYBE 18 which gives the rest a bad name. An example of a 'good' car/driver would be a the nice GT-R that was cruising down the street doing the speed limit, the driver was 40+ cruising with his kid (saw this yesterday afternoon d/t)!! But then you have to look at all the BMW drivers out there, not 100% of them are douche's or pricks or wtv derogatory term you can come up with...

Just because I've hated Honda for the better part of my life doesn't mean that all Honda drivers are idiots/pricks and/or assholes..Also means I won't go crying on a forum looking for support. You don't like JMD's? You think they are ugly?? Good for you :thumbsup: KEEP IT TO YOURSELF!!!

You can try and single out a specific group of cars/age group but in reality it will always come down to the DRIVER, not the car that he or she is driving...

I will say this: It is a lot easier to walk up to a guy that owns a JDM and strike up an interesting convo...not the same walking up to a group of Honda ricers or BMW guys...Just what I have observed over the past couple of car 'meets.' I assume that works both ways, I just wanted to point it out!

finboy
06-23-2008, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by 86max

You must've owned a bmw at some point, an attitude like that isn't hereditary.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/205404/fs-1998-bmw-528i-with-19quot-moda-rims-11000/

http://www.playwithlinn.com/Images/funny%20pics/oh%20snap.jpg

silviafreek89
06-23-2008, 01:44 PM
Haha good find finboy!!

tabouli
06-23-2008, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by silviafreek89
I will say this: It is a lot easier to walk up to a guy that owns a JDM and strike up an interesting convo...

Sure... Whatever works for you.

Meanwhile, those of us who like to fuck women would rather drive something a lady would sit in. Besides everyone knows the good JDM goodies aren't 15 years old. I like having my suede seats knowing someone elses ass wasn't in them for 20 years.

Having new JDM is the shit.

max_boost
06-23-2008, 02:06 PM
What's so great about owning a car you know very little about from the other side of the world and having to drive on the wrong side. :dunno: :nut:

XtraX
06-23-2008, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
What's so great about owning a car you know very little about from the other side of the world and having to drive on the wrong side. :dunno: :nut:

I asked why there is hate not what is great about it? What's your beef max_boost?

max_boost
06-23-2008, 02:15 PM
I'm a hater

JRSC00LUDE
06-23-2008, 02:15 PM
The real question is why not? I mean everyone has to hate something and targeting black people, indians, jews and gays is just played out and mean.

RHD is simply the most efficient choice, it can cover all races/genders equally. It can even include lifted trucks and BMW's, it's perfect.

XtraX
06-23-2008, 02:17 PM
The real question is why not? I mean everyone has to hate something and targeting black people, indians, jews and gays is just played out and mean.

RHD is simply the most efficient choice, it can cover all races/genders equally.

Originally posted by max_boost
I'm a hater

At least you two are honest. :dunno:

Supa Dexta
06-23-2008, 02:20 PM

Safety concerns are a reality but it's not always the car that's not safe...If it was OOP'ed, it must be somewhat road-worthy..

Yeah... except, we get all these kids come on here with the>

"anhhh I don't have enough money to fix my brakes/tires/suspension/exhaust.. (you name it) where can I go and get an inspection where they won't look at my car.?"

:rolleyes: I don't blame them though, it is probably expensive to ship rhd tires over from japan...

JRSC00LUDE
06-23-2008, 02:20 PM

At least you two are honest. :dunno:

I'm only here to help, personally I'm pretty neutral on the subject. I wouldn't ever buy one but they don't bother me in any meaningful way.

silviafreek89
06-23-2008, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by tabouli

Sure... Whatever works for you.

Meanwhile, those of us who like to fuck women would rather drive something a lady would sit in. Besides everyone knows the good JDM goodies aren't 15 years old. I like having my suede seats knowing someone elses ass wasn't in them for 20 years.

Having new JDM is the shit.

Your response has nothing to do with the what I said. You really think a real woman cares what car you drive?? What you quoted was just a little something that I noticed at the Saturday night meet thingy at Tim's...As for having suede seats, your either a baller-wannabe trying to sound rich or just a dumbass who thinks suede belongs in a everyday car (only Aston Martin and Bentley come to mind when I hear the words 'suede seats').

me&you
06-23-2008, 02:24 PM

Your response has nothing to do with the what I said. You really think a real woman cares what car you drive?? What you quoted was just a little something that I noticed at the Saturday night meet thingy at Tim's...As for having suede seats, your either a baller-wannabe trying to sound rich or just a dumbass who thinks suede belongs in a everyday car (only Aston Martin and Bentley come to mind when I hear the words 'suede seats').

Waaaay OT, but Bentley doesn't offer suede seats :D

tabouli
06-23-2008, 02:25 PM
You really think a real woman cares what car you drive??

Yes

silviafreek89
06-23-2008, 02:26 PM

RHD is simply the most efficient choice, it can cover all races/genders equally. It can even include lifted trucks and BMW's, it's perfect.

I'm only here to help, personally I'm pretty neutral on the subject. I wouldn't ever buy one but they don't bother me in any meaningful way.

At least you have some sense to your responses/opinions for which I can actually read and respect what you say!!

Funny thing is I saw a RHD 3-series last Friday, I couldn't believe it! I actually stopped and took a double-take to make sure I saw what I saw...Obviously no pics so you don't have to believe me but it was very odd to see!!

silviafreek89
06-23-2008, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by me&you

Waaaay OT, but Bentley doesn't offer suede seats :D

My bad. I do know AM does but wtv...tabou-shit started the suede nonesense....

Yes

Your very mis-informed and have a lot of maturing to do....

Trini
06-23-2008, 02:28 PM

Yes
:rofl: :rofl: words fail me

gretz
06-23-2008, 02:29 PM

At least you have some sense to your responses/opinions for which I can actually read and respect what you say!!

Funny thing is I saw a RHD 3-series last Friday, I couldn't believe it! I actually stopped and took a double-take to make sure I saw what I saw...Obviously no pics so you don't have to believe me but it was very odd to see!!

i definately believe you, but according to ..... its still a piece of 16+ year old shit because its RHD

r3cc0s
06-23-2008, 02:29 PM
I have plenty of respect for the vehicles themselves...
Honestly I do

its the demographics of the drivers I don't...

Flat beaked caps worn sideways with a slouched "gangsta" driving position driving 120K through school zones who are in such a rush that they have to tailgate everyone

The styling and design of the NSX, Silvias, Supra's, Mitsu 3000... way ahead of their time and are still gorgeous by today's standards
The engineering of the Suburu's, Skylines... astounding

It's just the fact that they are 15 years old cars that happen to be affordable & that every fcuking lowlife that lives at home wants to buy

Though I love the cars, 280+ hp, + RHD + douche drivers = innocent people getting hurt

Daan
06-23-2008, 02:31 PM

You really think a real woman cares what car you drive?

silviafreek89
06-23-2008, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by gretz

i definately believe you, but according to ..... its still a piece of 16+ year old shit because its RHD

According to who??
Like I said earlier...i'd estimate that 80% of the imports are pos, you just have to look/get lucky if your in the market!!
Luckily I was in the market 2 years ago and no longer have to worry about that shit!!! My car's staying with me for a while :)

silviafreek89
06-23-2008, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by r3cc0s

Though I love the cars, 280+ hp, + RHD + douche drivers = innocent people getting hurt

LOL good point...however, for some of us it's like this :

220+ hp, + RHD = tons of fun mixed with a tint of uniqueness!!

Daan
06-23-2008, 02:47 PM
i see many on here for sale

imported 1-6 months ago and already for sale

my instinct would tell me the driver who imported it wants a quick buck (likely) or trying to sell a pos so he wont have to put money into it (even more likely)

Stunt66
06-23-2008, 02:50 PM
I calculated it using a different method and came up with this 220+ hp, + RHD = tons of lameness and a tint of gayness. I've double checked it twice now and both times i got the same answer. :dunno:

silviafreek89
06-23-2008, 02:54 PM
i see many on here for sale

imported 1-6 months ago and already for sale

my instinct would tell me the driver who imported it wants a quick buck (likely) or trying to sell a pos so he wont have to put money into it (even more likely)

I have noticed a lot of Skyline's and other RHD's for sale...the 2 points you mention sound about right!! It's too bad they baught a pos, their lose!

Buyer beware is an understatement when interested in RHD. Much like other purchases!!!

Daan
06-23-2008, 02:55 PM
to me it's = crap pushed to the limits by some random japanese and imported by a poor kid who wants to rule the roads

are they still bringin in the 25+ years rule?

silviafreek89
06-23-2008, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Stunt66
I calculated it using a different method and came up with this 220+ hp, + RHD = tons of lameness and a tint of gayness. I've double checked it twice now and both times i got the same answer. :dunno:

You must be using a USDM calculator...
Either that or you don't even own a car and are jealous therefor trying to fit in with all the real haters... Nothing against real haters, most of them have good reasons!!! Everybody hates something.

silviafreek89
06-23-2008, 02:57 PM

are they still bringin in the 25+ years rule?

I was under the impression it was going to change to 20yrs...and no I don't think they are, yet.

finboy
06-23-2008, 03:05 PM

What you quoted was just a little something that I noticed at the Saturday night meet thingy at Tim's

http://www.esreality.com/files/placeimages/2007/55173-lolwut.jpg

silviafreek89
06-23-2008, 03:06 PM
read, read and re-read if you don't follow...

Daan
06-23-2008, 03:11 PM
i should buy a saskatchewan elevated truck to be safe from these japanese rockets

discuss

finboy
06-23-2008, 03:12 PM
read, read and re-read if you don't follow...

i read, you admitted to being the stereotype you are fighting :dunno:

r3cc0s
06-23-2008, 03:14 PM

LOL good point...however, for some of us it's like this :

220+ hp, + RHD = tons of fun mixed with a tint of uniqueness!!

It looks good & is fast... RHD sure it's "unique" or in some cases what people think is a classic Exotic (personally I think Monica Belluci is an example classic exotic)

This wave of JDMs are like the pony cars of the early 90's
Affordable power...

I can recall up until almost 5 years ago, people bitching about retards in their 5.0L in the same manner as they are about these imports

Bang for the buck power is just dangerous, but at least 5.0L's have the wheel on the right side (but god I hate those cars)

I'm also a motorcycle enthusiast
I've owned R6, RC51, SV650 and to purchase a new triumph

But when I see 18-21 year olds romping through the deerfoot like they can move traffic like the way Moses can part the sea... that's where I also draw the same conclusion that cheap excessive power is dangerous

p.s. again I have to re-emphasize I don't hate the cars, I hate "most" of the drivers... like in all cases, the driver is accountable

Ukyo8
06-23-2008, 03:18 PM
so much hate...

Daan
06-23-2008, 03:25 PM
looks like another one for sale ^ ... only 16 years old

in one post : "Need gone quick" when he's taking a loss of 1500 from initial price; then " New tires were put on today"

I am willing to bet the $2000 I won from the Spain - Italy game that something big needs replaced on this car

silviafreek89
06-23-2008, 03:26 PM

i read, you admitted to being the stereotype you are fighting :dunno:

Too many posts...to my knowledge I was commenting on the stereotype of the 16-17yr old idiot driver who I see at tims ripping around and sometimes getting tickets...

I am 21 and drive at a controlled pace 90% of the time (not going to say all the time because some days people are rushed for wtv reason and tend to speed.)

I also baught my car before this 'wave' of JDM's infested the streets...back in mtl when I got my car there were maybe 5 in all of Quebec! Either way, my bad once again and yes, there is a lot of hate lol

silviafreek89
06-23-2008, 03:28 PM

I am willing to bet the $2000 I won from the Spain - Italy game that something big needs replaced on this car

At least you did the smart thing and bet against Italy:rofl:

My advice...don't buy the car:dunno:

Quick question: Suppose the 20 or 25yr rule is in effect tomorrow, what would happen to the price of currently available JDM's and/or one's that people would try to sell next week or next month...Correct me if I'm wrong but it's been a few years since the supply and demand fomula...

The rule changes = supply goes down drastically ( I know there's already a lot but it would stop augmenting)
So supply is next to nothing, demand would either stay the same or get higher...therefor what would happen to the price's/re-sale value??? Just a little something I thought of when I heard the rule thing again....

r3cc0s
06-23-2008, 04:30 PM

Too many posts...to my knowledge I was commenting on the stereotype of the 16-17yr old idiot driver who I see at tims ripping around and sometimes getting tickets...

I am 21 and drive at a controlled pace 90% of the time (not going to say all the time because some days people are rushed for wtv reason and tend to speed.)

I also baught my car before this 'wave' of JDM's infested the streets...back in mtl when I got my car there were maybe 5 in all of Quebec! Either way, my bad once again and yes, there is a lot of hate lol

How old would that have made you then? lol

but anyways yea...
I don't have a problem with the cars, especially if driven responsibly

I have problems with the reckless drivers whom happen to own JDMers, Jacked up half tons with Truck nuts, and used BMWs & G35s

I will stereotype... as they start from some form of observation

We would say the same thing about Porsche drivers, if Porsche decided to sell their GT3s for $15K new:rolleyes:

silviafreek89
06-23-2008, 04:35 PM

I don't have a problem with the cars, especially if driven responsibly

I have problems with the reckless drivers whom happen to own JDMers, Jacked up half tons with Truck nuts, and used BMWs & G35s

I will stereotype... as they start from some form of observation

I couldn't agree more.

Most sensible post this thread has seen so far...

403Gemini
06-23-2008, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by b18cr

:confused: :dunno:

Thats not rice, there's no altezzas.... ;)

Honestly tho, this wouldnt be a horrible car show to see. obviously it's really EXTREME but its not that bad compared to half the shit i see rolling around calgary.

silviafreek89
06-23-2008, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

:confused: :dunno:

Thats not rice, there's no altezzas.... ;)

Honestly tho, this wouldnt be a horrible car show to see. obviously it's really EXTREME but its not that bad compared to half the shit i see rolling around calgary.

Definatly show....look at how groomed the grass is:rofl:

403Gemini
06-23-2008, 04:53 PM

http://www.esreality.com/files/placeimages/2007/55173-lolwut.jpg

Holy fuck adam i dont know why, maybe cause i had a shitty day at work but this made me crack up

Stunt66
06-23-2008, 04:58 PM
Damn silviafreek89, you really love your jdm's, almost every other post is yours trying to defend them. Just wait till you get a lttle older then you'll realize how gay you were in you rhd. I aint gonna deny the fact that i joined this bandwagon but this is beyond afterall and thats what happens.

jsn
06-23-2008, 05:09 PM
Like mentioned before, I don't hate the cars, i just hate the douches that drive them (not all but a majority that I've seen drive like douches).

i have nothing against the cars though. Personally, I would not buy one just because it is an inconvenience. no matter what people say, a left hand turn or passing on the highways is somewhat more difficult. Not saying that it can't be done, but it is more difficult.

silviafreek89
06-23-2008, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Stunt66
Damn silviafreek89, you really love your jdm's, almost every other post is yours trying to defend them. Just wait till you get a lttle older then you'll realize how gay you were in you rhd. I aint gonna deny the fact that i joined this bandwagon but this is beyond afterall and thats what happens.

Your right I do love my JDM :clap:
I suppose I should have expected the hate when joining but I just didn't realize...o well!

You may be right for most of the JDM owners falling out of the 'faze' or wtv you want to call it but I stick with what I love and I fell in love with my car once I saw the first pic...I do respect your opinion but just because it's so easy to hate on a certain group doesn't mean those cars/drivers are gay or stupid etc etc...

Just like all the hate for BMW's...not all of them are douche's or have a 2 foot pole stuck up their ass because they drive the 'ultimate driving machine' ... I guess that can sum up the answer to the OP.

badatusrnames
06-23-2008, 05:33 PM
I have plenty of respect for the vehicles themselves...
Honestly I do

its the demographics of the drivers I don't...

Flat beaked caps worn sideways with a slouched "gangsta" driving position driving 120K through school zones who are in such a rush that they have to tailgate everyone

The styling and design of the NSX, Silvias, Supra's, Mitsu 3000... way ahead of their time and are still gorgeous by today's standards
The engineering of the Suburu's, Skylines... astounding

It's just the fact that they are 15 years old cars that happen to be affordable & that every fcuking lowlife that lives at home wants to buy

Precisely.

HillBilly
06-23-2008, 07:00 PM

Not my fault Honda spelt it wrong. I read on "the internet" that VTEC was actually designed by the VTECH phone company... and when you get to 3/4 of your warranty, it stops working. hahaha

bunch of fucking ricers. Full on ricer denial.

And yes your north american 300ZX is rice. It doesn't matter what side of the car you are sitting on.

but thats just my opinion.. and what do I know.. I'm just some hillbilly

b18cr
06-23-2008, 07:39 PM

show me the facts..^

RHD isnt hard at all to learn or drive, its all on the driver of the car.. is hes some 16-18yr old punk drivin round like hes the shit, then yeah hes in risk of hurting people.. tryin to drift turns n shit.

but there are some of us, more mature drivers, driving a skyline cause we love the car and they arent available in canada, (such as a 180sx, 300zx, 3000gt, aristo/gs300, civic) but if they do buy these cars that are available in canada, its cause they are cheaper.. and in waay better shape..

ex: 240sx's here- some are rust buckets, either in the door jams, frame rails, spoilers, strut towers.. and the price ranging anywhere from 1,000-6,000. 6,000 if its a stock 240 lady driven.. but still rust forming.. you can buy a 180sx, completly mint, around 5-8,000 with a way better engine than the USDM 240sx, and much lower kms! - same goes with the rhd civics, im sure thats why some people buy those.. that, and cause the better engines.

BlackFyre
06-23-2008, 07:49 PM
Jesus fuck, who the fuck cares. Why all these damn posts about why the RHD beef. Seriously, some people don't like them, get over it, move on. It doesn't hurt my feelings that some guy thinks my 15 year old import is a piece of shit, I didn't buy it to listen to his opinion, I bought it because I like it, and because it was what I wanted. Particular drivers give them a bad name, but guess what, for the 10 douche bags driving imported cars that drive like retards, theres 100+ driving ones they bought here. Can we please move onto something more productive ffs?

XtraX
06-23-2008, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by BlackFyre
Jesus fuck, who the fuck cares. Why all these damn posts about why the RHD beef. Seriously, some people don't like them, get over it, move on. It doesn't hurt my feelings that some guy thinks my 15 year old import is a piece of shit, I didn't buy it to listen to his opinion, I bought it because I like it, and because it was what I wanted. Particular drivers give them a bad name, but guess what, for the 10 douche bags driving imported cars that drive like retards, theres 100+ driving ones they bought here. Can we please move onto something more productive ffs?

Ok sure, what would you like to move on to? Puppies? We could talk about puppies if you wish.

JordanEG6
06-23-2008, 08:59 PM

Ok sure, what would you like to move on to? Puppies? We could talk about puppies if you wish.

We once bred a bulldog with a shitzu...yeah...we called it a Bullshit...