PDA

View Full Version : prepared driving school

pjamma
06-22-2008, 09:32 PM
has anyone taken driving lessons there?
is it good?
i just registered yesterday and i might change my mind cos it just seem soo run down and unorganized after i paid them...

i know i know i'm stupid i shoulda just waited, but what they offered before i paid was really good then after i paid things started to get messy.

TomcoPDR
06-22-2008, 10:31 PM
You should be fine, not much requirement to drive in Calgary. Just focus on "passing" your license and drive the way you like, like a true Calgarian. This is also a great place to get answers to all your traffic ticket issues too.

djayz
06-22-2008, 10:35 PM
That place is alright. I did my course there a long time ago and it was basically like reading the book. If you know how to drive you shouldn't have any problems as the courses are just to give you a basic understanding of the roads and lower your insurance premiums.

Pass the test and drive safe :thumbsup:

Supa Dexta
06-23-2008, 07:30 AM
Why do "student drivers" always do ~20 under the limit.. I mean come on, keep up with traffic at least, you're allowed to do the speed limit.

Mo Squared
06-23-2008, 02:59 PM
LOL Prepared was the shit.

The husband and wife that run the place are halarious. If you get an in car lesson with the husband, he's halarious! They want everyone to pass so they will take you on the route that is going to be tested, and i swear they know the guy who comes and tests you because he will take you on that EXACT route.

You will pass and get your insurance certificate, but it will not make you a baller driver. Just get a lot of hours behind the wheel with someone who has been driving for a while too

bobby_lu
06-23-2008, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
Why do "student drivers" always do ~20 under the limit.. I mean come on, keep up with traffic at least, you're allowed to do the speed limit.

:werd: I never drove like that when I was doing my in car lessons...wtf is with those cars going like 80 in a 110 zone. :banghead:

zieg
06-23-2008, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta

Ever been in one of those cars? I remember mine was an old golf, rickety as hell. it was work to just keep the speed limit in that thing.

pjamma
06-23-2008, 09:14 PM
how much was deducted from your insurance? she said "10 to 40%" i hope i get atleast over 10, 20 or 30 the most.

jess1ca
07-03-2008, 12:43 PM
I'm thinking of getting my drivers from Prepared Driving School too. I called around to a couple of driving schools and so far, it is the cheapest. I did have a hard time understanding her over the phone as it was super loud there and I think a child was yelling or something.

colinxx235
07-03-2008, 01:25 PM
The discount off your insurance isn't that much, it covers the cost of lessons quickly but nothing crazy. Also depends on parents history, vehicles etc etc, such a pain.

toastgremlin
07-03-2008, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Mo Squared
and i swear they know the guy who comes and tests you because he will take you on that EXACT route.I remember hearing at one point that the routes are approved by the Alberta government. There's probably only a handful in the entire city. :)

analbumcover
07-03-2008, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by pjamma
how much was deducted from your insurance? she said "10 to 40%" i hope i get atleast over 10, 20 or 30 the most.

pff dont count on a lot

when i did mine it practically did dick all

msommers
07-03-2008, 01:59 PM
I did driver's ed through AMA and ended up with a 40% reduction

colinxx235
07-03-2008, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by msommers
I did driver's ed through AMA and ended up with a 40% reduction

wtf really... I did chinook. what car did you drive/what parents own? and were you secondary or primary?

mutherFUKKINbee
07-04-2008, 01:14 PM
yah the owners are really cool. i think his name is shiraz? One time my instructor was this old brown guy with a huge ass beard and a turban, anyway he started picking his nose and flicked it. So beware, he didnt even open the window to flick it outside. RUDEass

msommers
07-04-2008, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by colinxx235

wtf really... I did chinook. what car did you drive/what parents own? and were you secondary or primary?

First it was a ballin' van which was my parents (secondary) and later bought a 240 (primary). Both were reduced, then my insurance was cut in half when Alberta got that new insurance ladder system.

dj_rice
07-04-2008, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Mo Squared
LOL Prepared was the shit.

The husband and wife that run the place are halarious. If you get an in car lesson with the husband, he's halarious! They want everyone to pass so they will take you on the route that is going to be tested, and i swear they know the guy who comes and tests you because he will take you on that EXACT route.

You will pass and get your insurance certificate, but it will not make you a baller driver. Just get a lot of hours behind the wheel with someone who has been driving for a while too :werd: :werd:

The stories he told were hilarious.....

R!zz0
07-06-2008, 12:38 AM
I knew the old owners.

But that insurance certificate wont do shit for you. You're gonna be a new driver once you get your license. Insurance companies wont give 2 fucks whether you have the certificare or not. When i first got my license, i didn't get any breaks from any insurance companies and i even had the certificate.