PDA

View Full Version : SMS Spam Messages

anarchy
06-23-2008, 09:10 AM
I'm using Rogers and for the past month or so I've been getting two text messages EVERY morning at around 8:30 am.

It's advertising Yahoo Weather or something and includes a horoscope too. I deleted them but I'll add more detail tmw morning when I get it again.

Anyone else receive these msgs and is there any way to block them? They are fucking annoying me.

arian_ma
06-23-2008, 09:18 AM
Call Rogers and tell them about it, usually you are not the only one and they will tell you what website to go to to take your number off of the mailing list.

Super_Geo
06-23-2008, 09:19 AM
What number are they being sent from?

anarchy
06-23-2008, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Super_Geo
What number are they being sent from?

Good question. I don't recall seeing one but I'll check tomorrow when I get it again. My guess is probably some random number but I'll have to wait and see.

rmk
06-23-2008, 09:31 AM
I keep getting these spam messages that say I think you are cute or whatever. Goto this website. I am with Telus.

They also spam with ring tone ads. Fuck them.

anarchy
06-23-2008, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by rmk
I keep getting these spam messages that say I think you are cute or whatever. Goto this website. I am with Telus.

Maybe it's a secret admirer?

Haha yeah fuck it is annoying. Rogers better have a way to filter it or I'll be pretty choked. I get it EVERY day. and at 8:30 in the fuckin morning, even on weekends!!

analbumcover
06-23-2008, 10:39 AM
have fun with your $9.99 monthly charge

reply stop to the message and see what happens

Joe-G
06-23-2008, 10:41 AM
Most likely someone signed you up for it?

accordboi_02
06-23-2008, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by rmk

You're going to want to get that stopped as come July 1 Telus is going to charge $0.15 for all received text messages.

http://telusmobility.com/ab/wweb/messaging_two_way.shtml

Click on the "more details" under the pricing banner on the right of the page.

rmk
06-23-2008, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by accordboi_02

You're going to want to get that stopped as come July 1 Telus is going to charge $0.15 for all received text messages.

http://telusmobility.com/ab/wweb/messaging_two_way.shtml

Click on the "more details" under the pricing banner on the right of the page.

Jesus christ. Thanks for the heads up.