PDA

View Full Version : Knee Draggers vs. New Enough

Eleanor
06-23-2008, 01:08 PM
Okay, so I'm going to be ordering some gear online cause it's way, way cheaper then buying locally, unfortunately. I'd like to buy here, but if I can save $250+ by buying online, I'm going to.

Here's my dilemma, I've checked out the price difference between www.ridegear.com, www.newenough.com and kneedraggers.com and it's pretty minimal +/- $25 with shipping included between New Enough & Knee Draggers, RideGear was like $200 more.

Thoughts, experiences, opinions on these two companies or suggestions of other sites to check out would be more than welcome.

Also, never experienced shipping internationally I assume I'd pay GST on pickup?

Thanks in advance.

3clips3
06-23-2008, 01:27 PM
Both are just fine in my experience. Happy shopping.

Eleanor
06-23-2008, 01:28 PM
^Have you had to do any returns?

GQBalla
06-23-2008, 01:28 PM
ive ordered stuff of kneedraggers

the thing is when your a first time buyer i remember reading something about how your firsst order cant be more than $500 plus if your international.

but i must admit kneedraggers has fast shipping time and great customer service.

cept for the two items that ive ordered off them 1 was on backorder and the other was discontinued (why they kept it on the website ill never know)

but other than that i would say they are pretty good.

i didn't pay GST on pickup and i didn't get any duties since my stuff was shipped via USPS.

this thread reminds me i have a pair of dainese boots in the mail from them

Machi
06-23-2008, 01:58 PM
I ordered a pair of boots and some gloves from New Enough. It took about a week to get here using USPS and I paid GST when I picked it up..

Eleanor
06-23-2008, 02:35 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone.

GQ & Maichi, did you guys ship using priority or global express? GQ, how long did it take to get your stuff in?

GQBalla
06-23-2008, 02:42 PM
ummm i don't remember it was the cheaper option for usps.

for me it took about 5-10 buisness days once it was shipped.

example the boots i just ordered after emailing back and forth about the boots i originally tried to order (found out they were discountinued) it was shipped out on june 19, just checked and they cleared customs in toronto this morning.

not bad i would say

3clips3
06-23-2008, 03:15 PM
Global express is about a week to get it, definitely the way to have anything shipped from the States. I think that it's all shipped by Purolator anyway but you don't have to pay the ridiculous brokerage charges.

I haven't had to return anything from either store yet.

Machi
06-23-2008, 03:18 PM
I chose priority shipping.. took the cheapest shipping cause I wasn't in a rush to receive the items

Eleanor
06-23-2008, 03:32 PM
Looks like New Enough (They were the cheaper ones) / USPS it is, thanks for the responses everyone!

3clips3
06-23-2008, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Machi
I chose priority shipping.. took the cheapest shipping cause I wasn't in a rush to receive the items

Do you still get tracking information?

Eleanor
06-24-2008, 07:32 AM
^No, I don't believe you do, not according to new enough anyway:

USPS Priority Mail (least expensive, reasonably fast, delivered to your post office, not traceable, lost package insurance claims must wait 30 days): This is a 5-7 day (estimated but not guaranteed) service to most countries. Confirmation of shipment and delivery is provided (but cannot be fully tracked in transit). Duties and taxes are collected at your post office. In case of a lost package, we cannot replace or refund for 30 days after shipment

http://www.newenough.com/info_pages/terms_shipping_intl.html

Machi
06-24-2008, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by 3clips3
Do you still get tracking information?

When I ordered, they gave me a tracking number..
but from what Eleanor pointed out, I guess it's a hit and miss.. :dunno:

GQBalla
06-24-2008, 09:23 AM
kneedraggers gives you a tracking number with the cheapest option for USPS

BlkMaxima
06-24-2008, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
kneedraggers gives you a tracking number with the cheapest option for USPS

Yup, They are little slow to ship stuff out though. I ordered on a Monday and they shipped on Friday.

But, they do have good customer service.

Eleanor
08-06-2008, 12:38 PM
So I know this is an old thread. But I wanted to post my newenough experience.

Ordered gloves & a helmet through them. Initially came up that it would ship out within 5 days. Got an email from them saying one of the items I wanted was on backorder and that they hadn't updated the site when I ordered it. No problem, I ordered another similar helmet.

It took a little while to get here but about a week after my order was placed, I picked it up at the post office, having to pay ~$20 in customs fees, no GST. Not bad considering I saved ~$150 by buying online and not from any of the shops here.

Overall it went fairly smoothly, they did update their site after they sent the email to me about the availability of the helmet.

If you're looking at getting some new gear, I'd recommend them. I'm going to be getting some more stuff through them pretty soon as well.

Cheers,

MikeHL
08-06-2008, 09:54 PM
This is prob too late, but I go to http://www.imotorcyclestore.com for all my stuff. $10 flat rate shipping to Canada. Its a bit slow, but if you have a big order it pays off.

wildkarrde
08-13-2008, 11:31 PM
I paid over $110 for shipping on my helmet from kneedraggers once UPS got ahold of it.

Machi
08-14-2008, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by wildkarrde
I paid over $110 for shipping on my helmet from kneedraggers once UPS got ahold of it.

that's why you always try and avoid UPS.. if they give you choices, your best bet is USPS.

Dave P
08-14-2008, 05:29 PM
www.ironpony.com

BrknFngrs
08-14-2008, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Eleanor
So I know this is an old thread. But I wanted to post my newenough experience.

Ordered gloves & a helmet through them. Initially came up that it would ship out within 5 days. Got an email from them saying one of the items I wanted was on backorder and that they hadn't updated the site when I ordered it. No problem, I ordered another similar helmet.

It took a little while to get here but about a week after my order was placed, I picked it up at the post office, having to pay ~$20 in customs fees, no GST. Not bad considering I saved ~$150 by buying online and not from any of the shops here.

Overall it went fairly smoothly, they did update their site after they sent the email to me about the availability of the helmet.

If you're looking at getting some new gear, I'd recommend them. I'm going to be getting some more stuff through them pretty soon as well.

Cheers,

How bad was the shipping cost?

Eleanor
08-15-2008, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by BrknFngrs
How bad was the shipping cost?

I don't recall the exact figure, but it wasn't too bad maybe, ~$50?

The website allows you to get a shipping cost estimate once you've put in a postal code.

Eleanor
09-02-2008, 09:52 AM
So another update/review.

Ordered some stuff off kneedraggers.com a couple weeks back. They shipped my stuff about 3-4 days after their estimated ship date, so not too bad, but shipping (USPS) took about 2 weeks, which kind of sucked. Got the stuff on Friday (Boots, Visor, Pants, Armor) so everything turned out well!

I would recommend either of these websites to anyone although New Enough shipped a little quicker it wasn't a huge difference.

I'm going to be ordering some parts off kneedraggers pretty soon (as soon as my new credit card comes in the mail :banghead: damn thieves :whipped: ) because New Enough doesn't carry them, unfortunately.

I'll update again when I get them :thumbsup: