PDA

View Full Version : Cheque Deposit Question( bankers look here)

2.2vtec
06-23-2008, 05:59 PM
Me and a buddy have a property under our names. We just received a GST rebate cheque on the place and the cheque came under both names.

John bill, mark x

Can I depoist the cheque in my account through the green machine with him just signing the back since it does NOT say AND in between the names?

digaBoo
06-23-2008, 06:08 PM
It would seem you too are legally married (at least in the eyes of Beyond.ca) and either yourself or partner should be able to deposit it. Happy spending you crazy guy!!:thumbsup:

barmanjay
06-23-2008, 06:30 PM
AFAIK: you both need to sign the back of the cheque, and that "should" be fine

06civic
06-23-2008, 06:44 PM
If you are both present when you DEP the chq, it will be ok.

Shogged
06-23-2008, 06:54 PM
my advice would be to not deposit it through the bank machine. then at the very least, the teller can give you advice before hand instead of sticking it in the blind machine, having someone trip balls at the bank, and you not having access to the money while they investigate the claim for fraud and what have you.

project240
06-23-2008, 06:57 PM
Either of you can deposit it with or without the other one signing it or being present and both at ATM or teller.

TACO.VIDAL
06-23-2008, 08:04 PM
yeah no need for signatures at the atm. only problem would be if your "life partner" whos name is on the cheque complained at some later time that he never got the check. then the issuer of the check would request a trace and they would see it was deposited to an account in your name only. could be a problem if you get into relationship problems in the future.

Originally posted by project240
Either of you can deposit it with or without the other one signing it or being present and both at ATM or teller.

2.2vtec
06-23-2008, 08:09 PM
it's not a girlfriend or boyfriend or anything like that. He's a friend who just co signed on a property that I coudn't get approved on. He knows the cheque is in. He does not care. We both work at different ends of the city and just hassle to go into the bank together.

TomcoPDR
06-23-2008, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by digaBoo
It would seem you too are legally married (at least in the eyes of Beyond.ca) and either yourself or partner should be able to deposit it. Happy spending you crazy guy!!:thumbsup:

Originally posted by TACO.VIDAL
yeah no need for signatures at the atm. only problem would be if your "life partner" whos name is on the cheque complained at some later time that he never got the check. then the issuer of the check would request a trace and they would see it was deposited to an account in your name only. could be a problem if you get into relationship problems in the future.

:rofl: Another legit question turned gayism by Beyond.

Like everyone says, cash it in through the teller. Or both go into bank together to get cash.

schocker
06-23-2008, 10:21 PM
Good work 08's :rofl:
+1 for teller, they will probably think the same thing as beyond though